FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA don't feature in the world's worst airline meals! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1648766-ba-dont-feature-worlds-worst-airline-meals.html)

Physci Jan 23, 2015 1:06 pm

BA don't feature in the world's worst airline meals!

Just how the afternoon tea didn't make the list is amazing!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...ine-meals.html

T8191 Jan 23, 2015 1:15 pm

Nice link, Physci ^

Perhaps the DT needs to explore some of the lesser BA offerings, as you suggest. The rankings could shift!

cysyuen Jan 23, 2015 1:16 pm

This is an interesting post.

BA meals are not that bad - the traditional English breakfast on domestic flights are very tasty! The bacon is not overcooked and dry and everything just tastes great!

(In contrast I do not understand why the English breakfast on BA26 are always overcooked - the bacon is extremely hard to chew and the potatoes is like... nothing at all :-/)

hcuk94 Jan 23, 2015 1:44 pm

BA food is fiiiiine. Not world class, but does the job. If you want horrific, I suggest a Ruinair cooked breakfast for a miserable offering at some extortionate price.

As cysyuen says, the cooked breakfast on BA domestic is brilliant. So much so that I time my work flights to GLA for the morning as it's so much of an upgrade from the standard broken biscuits or individually wrapped crisp that one can expect for the rest of the day.

UKtravelbear Jan 23, 2015 2:50 pm

I see the Telegraph have just used the Skytrax 'ratings'

Perhaps they should investigate how they calculate the ratings. Now that would make an interesting article to read.

Worcester Jan 23, 2015 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear (Post 24222277)
I see the Telegraph have just used the Skytrax 'ratings'

Perhaps they should investigate how they calculate the ratings. Now that would make an interesting article to read.

This week I received emails from 3 different airlines asking me to vote for them on Skytrax, nothing from BA though.

johnwb Jan 24, 2015 6:19 am

On old one, but you really feel for this poor fellow flying Virgin. Still the gold standard in complaint letters.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...nt-letter.html

Globaliser Jan 24, 2015 6:23 am

Originally Posted by johnwb (Post 24225032)
On old one, but you really feel for this poor fellow flying Virgin.

Despite the fact that it was a complete set-up?

It had more in common with those witty fake product reviews that you often see on Amazon.

martyndavid Jan 24, 2015 6:27 am

Originally Posted by Worcester (Post 24222350)
This week I received emails from 3 different airlines asking me to vote for them on Skytrax, nothing from BA though.

I received two emails from Turkish Airlines asking me to vote for them in the Skytrax awards and I'm not even a member of their FF scheme.

flolee Jan 24, 2015 7:04 am

So funny, the first thing i thought was that the "famous" air koryo burger must be found somewhere in that list. And the first thing you see is... Well, the air koryo burger.
But to be honest, the burger does not taste as bad as it looks like (that said, it still has nothing to do with a real buerger). And compared to the meat they serve you during a week in NK, the burger was actually quite tasty.

And about air koryo... Well, i would not rate them that bad. It was like any other lcc, with the one exception that i was way too scared to complain about anything:D

Paren Jan 24, 2015 7:09 am

Actually I think in terms of meals, BA are one of the best (for AVML anyway). In terms of quantity, the Middle East airlines certainly offer more, but in terms of quality, BA do well.

South London Bon Viveur Jan 24, 2015 7:37 am

Hahaha some of them look terrible, although probably don't taste that bad. The Ukraine Airlines fruit salad is my favourite LOL.

The meals are never truly awful on BA, just occasionally a bit uninspiring. And some CE fare could be spruced up. Best meal I ever had was on Jet Airways, but then again like many English blokes I am a bit of a curry fiend at the best of times.

Joely Jan 24, 2015 7:55 am

Clearly the reporter had never encountered the shepherds pie BA serve in WT flying from the U.S. I had it last month from Chicago, 2 inches of powered potato mash with a human hair's width of meat at the bottom.

Geordie405 Jan 24, 2015 8:04 am

In the main, BA's meals are pretty good. Yes, there is always room for improvement but on the whole I rarely have cause to complain. Breakfast in WT+ is the one meal that I would avoid. It is insulting. Afternoon tea isn't too bad - certainly way better than some of the offerings shown in the OP's link :)

hcuk94 Jan 24, 2015 8:13 am

Originally Posted by johnwb (Post 24225032)
On old one, but you really feel for this poor fellow flying Virgin. Still the gold standard in complaint letters.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/tr...nt-letter.html

Not seen this before, very good though.

Unfortunately the author of the letter is a clear victim of the great Virgin scam, as I call it.
People think there's something special about the Virgin brand and Branson when there really isn't - they just have a good marketing team behind them who make sheeple believe they're wonderful.

Virgin could serve sh*t on a plate, but most people wouldn't bat an eyelid as they'd be flying with a company they think is hip, sitting amongst pretty purple LED lighting, and watching a horrendously cheesy safety video that tries (and fails) to be funny...

That's what makes Branson a good businessman. He's not a hero or an inspiration - he's just clever with his marketing and convinces people that he and Virgin are wonderful.