Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

MMB says "More information required" but I have all information submitted

Old Jan 19, 15, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

I received an email from BA tonight saying I needed to complete passenger information in my Manage My Booking in order to board a May flight to LHR.

I logged in and both bookings on the account (same booking number) have all information filled in. We do not have redress or green card information so those are blank, but all required fields are complete. I confirm this and click submit and get the green "OK" message but when I go back to the main MMB screen it shows the red "More information required" icon and text under both passenger details.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
Old Jan 19, 15, 7:01 pm

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold

BA's computers...its a common fault I'm afraid. I had it the last two times I flew to the U.S. and I had no trouble checking in. Just double check you've got your ESTA and have entered all the correct information.

If you're still concerned then give BA a quick call to make sure alls ok.
Old Jan 19, 15, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by stevieed View Post
BA's computers...its a common fault I'm afraid. I had it the last two times I flew to the U.S. and I had no trouble checking in. Just double check you've got your ESTA and have entered all the correct information.

If you're still concerned then give BA a quick call to make sure alls ok.
I'm a US passport holder (US resident and citizen) so no ESTA. Good to know this is a common issue ... it'll be our first BA flight.
Old Jan 20, 15, 12:49 am

Programs: BAEC silver
I have also had this plenty of times. Fear not.
Old Jan 20, 15, 2:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
In my experience this error occurs when you have tried to enter a different ID document to that you usually use and is saved in your profile. The system can't cope with the fact that this second document has different/lesser requirements from your usual one, and whilst you are in the form it suggests you are 100% complete, once you submit and come out into MMB again it remains red. I would not worry about it, you have the right to travel.
Old Jan 20, 15, 9:07 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Silver
I had this for a flight at the beginning of this month even though the information matched my profile. After several attempts to get the information to stick I gave up and had no trouble with OLCI at T-24. This was a BA booking on BA, on previous occasions I have blamed linking the booking to my AA profile but in those cases when I called up an agent could see no actual problem.

It is happening again for a March flight!
Old Jan 20, 15, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by sppunk View Post
I'm a US passport holder (US resident and citizen) so no ESTA. Good to know this is a common issue ... it'll be our first BA flight.
Be prepared for this to potentially confuse the security staff at Heathrow. Last time I went through:
"You've said on here you have a US visa"
"Yep"
"It's saying here you don't have an ESTA"
"Right"
"Do you have an ESTA?"
"Nope"
-confused look- "...can I see your visa?"
"Yep"
Old Jan 20, 15, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
In my case it still wants an ESTA from me, and an address in the USA. However I am expecting that when I get to the airport that my US passport will suffice....
Old Jan 20, 15, 10:34 am

Programs: TK Gold, FB Silver, A3 Silver, BA Bronze
I had much the same experience a week ago, but the problem rectified itself and I was able to check-in online.
Old Jan 20, 15, 10:52 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold, Accor & IHG Plat, Meliá & HH & Marriott & Radisson Gold
We had several threads about this late last year, as well as mentions in the "ba.com bug" thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...owing-red.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ation-bug.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ssing-api.html

... and probably more. The consensus (and my experience in December and January) is as people have reported above: it's not a problem that is likely to prevent OLCI or otherwise cause inconvenience -- just unnecessary worry for people who encounter it for the first time.

EDITED TO ADD: And here's one from 2010, showing that BA's been failing on this for years now:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...all-there.html
Old Jun 10, 15, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold
And it is still a BA website problem as of June 10, 2015.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: