FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Using Avios on S7 Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1647424-using-avios-s7-airlines.html)

dazwilkinson Jan 19, 2015 11:56 am

Using Avios on S7 Airlines

Does anyone know when S7 release there seats for reward flights.
I am trying to fly from DME to LED on 28th December but cannot find anything.
Also does anyone have a rough idea of what it would cost?
Thanks in advance

shefgab Jan 19, 2015 1:34 pm

After a bit of trial and error, it seems there is plenty of availabilty until Sat 24 Oct, which is the end of the IATA Summer season. Either the route is not operating after that (unlikely), their winter schedules are not yet available (check at their website), or they have just not yet relased winter miles seats. I imagine it's the last option, and you can either contact S7 and ask, or else check back on a weekly basis. On every date I looked at, there were the maximum 4 seats in both classes on all 6-8 daily flights. I don't think there is a problem getting a seat.

For the summer season, economy is a very reasonable 4500 Avios + £5 each way, or 9000 + £5 for business.

dazwilkinson Jan 20, 2015 9:56 am

^Thank you very much.
You are alot more helpful than the BA silver line!

dsauch Mar 21, 2015 12:12 pm

Does anyone know if something changed in relationship between BA and S7?
Ive searched week after week and cannot find a single S7 flight with avios either for DME-AAQ/KRR, or for DME-LED which files every day multiple times a day.
S7 shows flights available for their miles.

any ideas?

PS was able to call in and book the flight I wanted with no issues. May be website glitch.

drbobguy Mar 25, 2015 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by dsauch (Post 24543186)
Does anyone know if something changed in relationship between BA and S7?
Ive searched week after week and cannot find a single S7 flight with avios either for DME-AAQ/KRR, or for DME-LED which files every day multiple times a day.
S7 shows flights available for their miles.

any ideas?

PS was able to call in and book the flight I wanted with no issues. May be website glitch.

Just found this post via google because I am seeing the same problem. I've flown S7 with avios many times in the past, but not for 6 months or so. I'm seeing no availability at all (on all routes), whereas 6 months ago there was superb availability (90%+).

Thanks for the tip, will try calling.

I hope they resolve the issue, S7 is one of the best avios partners in my experience. $5 and 4500 miles gets you from Moscow to many interesting cities (Kazan, Kiev, St. Petersburg, Samara, etc.)

Moved to Russia 18 months ago for work and I was lucky to have a few hundred thousand avios saved up. Has really helped me see this part of the world.

blindman Apr 13, 2015 5:22 am

Originally Posted by drbobguy (Post 24564190)
..... I'm seeing no availability at all (on all routes), whereas 6 months ago there was superb availability (90%+).

Thanks for the tip, will try calling.

Hi

Same here, did you call and get flights?

gnarly Apr 13, 2015 6:44 am

Last night, I spent 1h15 before getting through on the very posh Bronze line in order to check the S7 Avios availability for DME-IKT in June.

The website shows nothing (not even on connecting flights through Novosibirsk).

The agent told me that the flight is nearly empty, but no award seats have been released.

I then tried American (assuming that they would have the same availability as BA, but hoping to be proved wrong.) I got through immediately and they showed award availability, but were unable to calculate the taxes. The supervisor helped the agent, and at that point I realised that the Aadvantage spending chart doesn't allow for flights in Russia beyond the Urals.

blindman Apr 27, 2015 9:31 am

Still no availability anyone know what's going on :mad:

gnarly Apr 27, 2015 9:38 am

Try posting in the Russia Based Airline forum. See if someone there with an S7 account has better visibility than you do with BA.

Note that people other there are reporting the same issue.

BA Humbug Feb 4, 2016 10:15 am

Bumping this... has anyone been able to get availability for S7 flight 857 OVB-FRA? It only runs once a week on Saturday, but I have not found a single Saturday where it works from now until October 2016? :confused:

Other routes (OVB-FRA, OVB-DME) show up correctly.

adavydov7 Jul 21, 2016 10:19 am

Anyone have any luck with recent S7 bookings? Site says they don't fly a route I know for a fact they fly (DME-OVB) and when I call in they tell me the same thing. Suggestions on how to book S7 with Avios would be greatly appreciated!!

KARFA Jul 21, 2016 10:24 am

I think this may explain why you can't see availability online http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...le-online.html

adavydov7 Jul 21, 2016 10:28 am

Yea posted there as well. I understand the online availability issue, but what isn't clear is why I am getting the same run around when I call in to try and book. Basically, wanting to figure out how I can book S7 flights with Avios since the online route is definitely closed, and the phone route hasn't borne any fruit either.

Behindthecurtain Jul 21, 2016 10:40 am

Originally Posted by adavydov7 (Post 26948396)
Yea posted there as well. I understand the online availability issue, but what isn't clear is why I am getting the same run around when I call in to try and book. Basically, wanting to figure out how I can book S7 flights with Avios since the online route is definitely closed, and the phone route hasn't borne any fruit either.

I never have an issue, and try and use them for S7 trips internally a lot. I use award nexus to find and then call. Seems that business is always available but not much economy.

Also there is a block on line at BA in S7 due to fraudulent redemptions, hence why you need to call. BA can find, but it's faster and easier if you check first

dumba Sep 1, 2016 4:46 pm

I booked a redemption flight with Avios on S7 today and want to share my experience.
First of all, it was hard to check availability: neither BA nor Iberia shows it (I needed a direct flight from DME to BCN). I used ExpertFlyer which confirmed availability via email alerts (but no availability when tried checking live on ExpertFlyer website).
I then called up BA to confirm availability and prices. I was quoted 17,500 Avios per person + tax. When I called back again to make a booking, I was quoted 10,000 Avios + 6 EUR tax. I happily booked, of course, but it made me wonder why I was quoted different amount initially. I can see that it was issued under 'PROMO' tariff, which includes 1 piece of hold luggage.
Also I had an interesting conversation with an agent who told me that S7 only allows Avios redemptions on certain routs within Russia, and not on their whole network.