Search

BA Amex 2-4-1 and address change to non UK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
BA Amex 2-4-1 and address change to non UK

I have a different Credit Card abroad that upgrades my status by one level but the BA account has to have an address of that country. I recently dropped to bronze and used a friends Gold guest list nomination to re upgrade that to Silver. Now can I transfer my accounts UK address to my international address and use the upgrade from silver to Gold? So in essence I will be upgrading my status by two levels in a matter of a 2-3 months.

Second question is in regards to the 2-4-1 voucher. My year starts Jan and I have already spent the 10k so my voucher is in my BA account. If I change my billing address I will lose that right? What if I use that now and then transfer my address? I have read that I can't change address for 6 months back to UK but since I have used the voucher that gives me 11 months before my Earning year starts again on BA amex to change the address back. Also by using my voucher I mean I will be booking a ticket and not traveling till the summer.

Will the above work or is that far fetched?

Last edited by onlysuites; Jan 17, 2015 at 7:12 am
Old Jan 17, 2015, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
If you use it and then transfer then the flight will be fine.

Note that you do not earm BA Amex miles whilst your BA account is abroad, they mount up at Amex until you switch back.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B436 Safari/600.1.4)

Wait a sec...

I was always under the impression one cannot use the BA Amex if the account address is changed to overseas, but what you're saying is that you can actually use the card only your miles will be stored so to speak with Amex until your address is switched back to the UK?
Old Jan 17, 2015, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by clubman
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B436 Safari/600.1.4)

Wait a sec...

I was always under the impression one cannot use the BA Amex if the account address is changed to overseas, but what you're saying is that you can actually use the card only your miles will be stored so to speak with Amex until your address is switched back to the UK?
Yes.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...x-address.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22141441-post4.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...k-account.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...n-uk-baec.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17939212-post7.html
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Raffles
If you use it and then transfer then the flight will be fine.

Note that you do not earm BA Amex miles whilst your BA account is abroad, they mount up at Amex until you switch back.
Thanks Raffles.

It's safe to assume that they won't cancel any redeemed vouchers with flights pending right?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:17 am

I unthinkingly changed from a UK address to a European one a month ago as I am working in Austria until July and expected my new membership card to be mailed out by then. Have gone to use my UK Amex 2-for-1 only to realise I no longer can, and it expires in October this year! Any workaround, other than begging BA or Amex to extend the expiry?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Silver
Can you change your address back to a UK one?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:37 am

No, apparently you can only change addresses between countries every six months!
Old Jun 6, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Originally Posted by FormalHall
No, apparently you can only change addresses between countries every six months!
This is correct, I can confirm. The voucher validity is with Amex (as far as I know), so they may be your first point of call. Based on what you said, seems like the voucher is lost. I had a similar situation, but used the voucher on a forward dates booking before switching residency. Don't think you can use it after residency switch, so this one may be gone unless Amex extends it
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by FormalHall
You can try calling to change your address back. BAEC has at times allowed people to return to their old address when the person encountered consequences such as these. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...countries.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.