Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access at JFK transiting on to SFO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

Flying into JFK in Club, from LHR, and then changing onto American again in Business, can I use the BA Lounge in T7, as opposed to the American Lounges which I think are in T8? (which I used last year, and wasn't that impressed) instead.

any other thoughts or recommendations?

Many thanks
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Unless there's some secret passageway I don't know about, once you clear immigration at Terminal 7 you won't be able to re-enter the building. you'll have to go to T8 and re-enter security there.

Unless you're Gold/Silver, when you get the AA lounge be sure to show your arriving boarding pass so that you'll be able to use the AA lounge. If you're Gold you can get into the Flagship Lounge, which isn't that much better than the regular but has a small buffet and better booze
Old Jan 16, 2015, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by all ahead full
Flying into JFK in Club, from LHR, and then changing onto American again in Business, can I use the BA Lounge in T7, as opposed to the American Lounges which I think are in T8? (which I used last year, and wasn't that impressed) instead.

any other thoughts or recommendations?

Many thanks
No. As a silver flying long haul in CW connecting to a domestic you can only use the regular Admirals Club (there are two), you cannot use the Flagship Lounge.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Okay thanks for the replies, as Silver I'm stuck in the normal AA lounges then...

many thanks,

AAF
Old Jan 16, 2015, 11:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

As SCSA noted you won't physically be able to get to the BA lounges airside in T7 so unfortunately you will have to head to T8 once you clear immigration and customs and try the AA lounges. Departing and arriving passengers don't mix at T7 (apart from BA1 where you are precleared).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.