Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GSTBK
Here is a guide as to the best and worst seats in UK Domestic, Club Europe and Euro Traveller on the Boeing 767-300ER shorthaul aircraft.

Registrations: NWA, NWB, NWX, NWZ, ZHA, ZHB, ZHC.
Aircraft code: 76B.

Please ask your questions here, and hopefully someone will be able to help!

Please note, that due to BA's future introduction of Club on domestic routes, the domestic configuration shown below may no longer be in service when you view this guide.

Configuration

Seating capacity: CY259
Seat types: Rows 1-17 are fitted with convertible seating. Rows 18-40 are fitted with Recaro CL3510 seats.
In-flight entertainment: Overhead screens

A summary of comments made on previous threads:

Please note, seats 1A/B/J/K do not exist.

It has been reported that F-K seats can be quieter, due to naturally lower footfall in the second aisle.

Rows 2, 4, 6, 8 all have excellent window views.

Boarding usually occurs via door 2L- therefore, row 12 is best for a swift exit.

Rows 1-17 have 34 inch pitch.
Rows 18+ have 30 inch pitch.

1 D-F: Recommended, due to the extra legroom.
2 A-B: Recommended, due to the extra legroom.
2 J-K: Recommended, due to the extra legroom.
9 A-K: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat. The proximity to the galley and toilets may however be irritating. Well-placed for a quick exit.
12 A-K: Recommended, due to the extra legroom. The proximity to the galley and toilets may however be irritating. Well-placed for a quick exit.
13 A/K: These seats have a misaligned window.
14 A/K: These seats have a misaligned window.
25 A-K: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat.
27 A-K: Recommended, due to the extra (unlimited) legroom.
38 J-K: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat.
Row 39 onwards: The proximity to the galley and toilets may be irritating.
39 A-B: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat.
Row 40: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat.

Related threads:
Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Boeing 767 shorthaul

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
...and musical seats. Had booked into 35K but at T72 rows 12+ opened up so nabbed 12K. However then shortly after shifted back to 21K... . now moved back to 35k ( the rows 12/13/14 only being occupied by two people!)
​​​​​​​
Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CKBA
I have an upcoming FCO-LHR flight on a European configuration 767. Originally booked into 35K - primarily for the window, but managed to rebook to 12K a couple of days ago. However, the 'frontpage' of the BA app now shows 21K, despite MMB part of the app still showing 12K - and the web MMB also showing 12K (but only 15K backwards being ET).

Which is correct?
12K, kind of, since MMB is looking at Amadeus Seating. The 21K is in the cached part of the App, it will refresh in due course, or you can logout/log back in for those on the mild OCD spectrum. However if you booked in ET you better move yourself back into ET since otherwise 40E beckons. Mind you, it does feel like "real flying" that far back. If you can foresake the window view, something like 28A gives you the full 767 experience, and it may not be available for much longer.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:45 am

Programs: GGLfL
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Usually on 767s very few people recline, but LCA - particularly the late service - would be an exception. You are on the earlier service.
Not sure what you mean by the late service. He/she IS on the later of the two flights. The A320 operates the earlier 0715 departure with the rubbish breakfast service. The B767 operates the 1145 departure with the full meal, the only drawback being it's always delayed in the summer due the late inbound BA429.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
12K, kind of, since MMB is looking at Amadeus Seating. The 21K is in the cached part of the App, it will refresh in due course, or you can logout/log back in for those on the mild OCD spectrum. However if you booked in ET you better move yourself back into ET since otherwise 40E beckons. Mind you, it does feel like "real flying" that far back. If you can foresake the window view, something like 28A gives you the full 767 experience, and it may not be available for much longer.
... I was booked in ET - but rows 12+ came up as ET (on both BA and expertflyer), so I jumped at the chance. Anyhow, went back for 35K - since 21K has those pesky things called wings in the way of a good view. The irony of all of this, after looking forward to a really good view (being a pretty crystal clear day), I got upgraded to 2F. Darn.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 1:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CKBA
... I was booked in ET - but rows 12+ came up as ET (on both BA and expertflyer), so I jumped at the chance. Anyhow, went back for 35K - since 21K has those pesky things called wings in the way of a good view. The irony of all of this, after looking forward to a really good view (being a pretty crystal clear day), I got upgraded to 2F. Darn.
Congratulations? Oh well, that's how the dice will roll sometimes, and in fact the OpUp rate on 767s seems anecdotally to be fairly high. As noted up thread, if you are in the front part of the aircraft you can get generous seating pitch even in ET. If you had a number of 767 flights coming up, then don't miss out on an "aft of the engines" experience, so after row 25, perhaps on a night flight or somewhere without much of a view. Take off you headset since it's quite unlike any other feeling on take off.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Qn are there any bassinet seats available in Club Europe for the 767?

If so, what seats are they (cant seem to see from thebasource)?
Old Apr 22, 2018, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The images in the wiki post seem to be dead
Old May 30, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Lhr-fco - 767 sh

Travelling to Rome on Friday this week in ET. Currently have row 12 AB - but ET cabin is row 7 back. Looking at Expert Flyer rows 5 and 6 are not occupied so unlikely that CE will extend back that much in the next 36 hours - so question is whether being in the front cabin row 7 by window is better than row 12 AB?
Old May 30, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Well fwiw I had a similar seating occupancy last week and they blocked 7/8/9 as CE and then just left the divide where it was. I don't know whether that happened particularly early or late, but I have to assume that anyone booked ET in those rows got shunted. I guess they figured as the flight wasn't full enough to really juggle, better to have the cabin divide be an actual cabin divide (ie Galley) for CE / ET as it cost little to do so.
Old May 30, 2018, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Thanks. I can still select seats in row 7/8/9 at the moment and OLCI is in 9 hours time. If there is no real benefit to being in row 7 over two 12 I won’t take the risk. I guess I could select row 7 and hope they just upgrade me to CE rather than move me if they stick the curtain after row 9!!
Old Aug 14, 2018, 12:59 pm
HAT

Programs: BA, IHG, Hyatt
Hey guys, flying LHR-ATH on 767 sitting on 1D and 1F. Just wondering what these seats are like. Couldn’t find much info. Thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
BA 767 aircraft seat 27D.. any experience?

Hi all

booked on BA1434 which is a 767.

in 27D, seat guru says not a good seat due to limited leg room.

anyone got any experience on if this really is a good seat for leg room or not ?

thanks
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:51 pm

Help ! anyone any experience of this particular seat?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
No experience but thebasource.com says it’s a good seat. I’m more likely to believe that.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by highpeaklad
No experience but thebasource.com says it’s a good seat. I’m more likely to believe that.
Perfect (Y) thanks .... Sounds good to me... I only booked it tonight and flying tomorrow... going to console my still upset and bruised GF ............... haven't told her yet so its a surprise...

Thanks matey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.