Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GSTBK
Here is a guide as to the best and worst seats in UK Domestic, Club Europe and Euro Traveller on the Boeing 767-300ER shorthaul aircraft.

Registrations: NWA, NWB, NWX, NWZ, ZHA, ZHB, ZHC.
Aircraft code: 76B.

Please ask your questions here, and hopefully someone will be able to help!

Please note, that due to BA's future introduction of Club on domestic routes, the domestic configuration shown below may no longer be in service when you view this guide.

Configuration

Seating capacity: CY259
Seat types: Rows 1-17 are fitted with convertible seating. Rows 18-40 are fitted with Recaro CL3510 seats.
In-flight entertainment: Overhead screens

A summary of comments made on previous threads:

Please note, seats 1A/B/J/K do not exist.

It has been reported that F-K seats can be quieter, due to naturally lower footfall in the second aisle.

Rows 2, 4, 6, 8 all have excellent window views.

Boarding usually occurs via door 2L- therefore, row 12 is best for a swift exit.

Rows 1-17 have 34 inch pitch.
Rows 18+ have 30 inch pitch.

1 D-F: Recommended, due to the extra legroom.
2 A-B: Recommended, due to the extra legroom.
2 J-K: Recommended, due to the extra legroom.
9 A-K: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat. The proximity to the galley and toilets may however be irritating. Well-placed for a quick exit.
12 A-K: Recommended, due to the extra legroom. The proximity to the galley and toilets may however be irritating. Well-placed for a quick exit.
13 A/K: These seats have a misaligned window.
14 A/K: These seats have a misaligned window.
25 A-K: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat.
27 A-K: Recommended, due to the extra (unlimited) legroom.
38 J-K: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat.
Row 39 onwards: The proximity to the galley and toilets may be irritating.
39 A-B: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat.
Row 40: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat.

Related threads:
Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Boeing 767 shorthaul

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Thanks all, we've switched to row 12 for now. I was surprised to see CE only extend to row 3 so far but appreciate that can easily change. Having never been on this aircraft in CE/ET to date, I've also got an ARN coming up too on one.

Talking about legroom though, presumably 27 AB has effectively unlimited legroom?
Old Jun 10, 2017, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I see row 12 is noted as desirable for extra legroom. Is that extra legroom in the sense that you don't have the seat in front of you jamming your knees? Or extra legroom in the sense that you can extend your legs straight out? I saw a picture of row 12 from many years ago which seems to indicate the hard bulkhead gives your knees space, but not really much extra room to extend your legs straight. Traveling with a recent knee surgery, so I'm looking for seats which best allow me to extend my legs straight out...
Old Jun 10, 2017, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
You can't extend straight out but it's quite good legroom if you want to move your feet about. Certainly a lot of kneeroom.

I'd go for 13, 14 15, 16 (and 17?) for extra kneeroom and legroom - stretch as far as you want under the seat in front! Note 13 and 14 are missing windows.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
27 A/B or J/K have no bulkhead, I seem to remember, so might be a better option if you really want to stretch out.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Best CE seat on LHR - LCA

Flying with Mrs Sparky in September. We're currently in 2D/F but 1D/F are available. I'm 6"7 so should I change seats?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:57 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Sparky_
Flying with Mrs Sparky in September. We're currently in 2D/F but 1D/F are available. I'm 6"7 so should I change seats?
I would do, yes. If on the 767 it's the old CE seats and even in row 2 pretty decent legroom, but personally I prefer row 1.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
What aircraft type are we talking about here? And when relaxing do you tend to bend the knees at 90 degrees or stretch them out straight?

If a 767 there is perhaps a case for switching from bulkheads, but probably not if A320 (etc).
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
What aircraft type are we talking about here? And when relaxing do you tend to bend the knees at 90 degrees or stretch them out straight?

If a 767 there is perhaps a case for switching from bulkheads, but probably not if A320 (etc).
It's a 767 and I'm not a fan of the bulkhead hence to choice of 2 rather than 1. I can't work out if 1 is a bulkhead.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Sparky_
It's a 767 and I'm not a fan of the bulkhead hence to choice of 2 rather than 1. I can't work out if 1 is a bulkhead.
It's the middle block that has a row 1 bulkhead, row 2 on the windows is also a bulkhead, as shown here:

http://thebasource.com/seatmaps/763/cy259.html

Because the general seating on 767s is quite generous by shorthaul standards, many tall people prefer the rows further back since they can stretch more. Others swear by the bulkhead seats, however it's an objective fact that you don't have as far to stretch. This is a different logic to the A320 series where seating density is much higher.

The other factor here is that if you choose the central block you will get the middle seat between you and your travel companion, which of course you won't get on the AB/JK seats. That middle seating area is also a good place to stretch out.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's the middle block that has a row 1 bulkhead, row 2 on the windows is also a bulkhead, as shown here:

http://thebasource.com/seatmaps/763/cy259.html

Because the general seating on 767s is quite generous by shorthaul standards, many tall people prefer the rows further back since they can stretch more. Others swear by the bulkhead seats, however it's an objective fact that you don't have as far to stretch. This is a different logic to the A320 series where seating density is much higher.

The other factor here is that if you choose the central block you will get the middle seat between you and your travel companion, which of course you won't get on the AB/JK seats. That middle seating area is also a good place to stretch out.
thanks
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
What are the 767s like? I'm currently booked on one to ARN but it's a flexible ticket so can change to another flight that day on the A320 - just may not get an exit row anymore. Worth changing or are these birds okay?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
They are much more comfortable in Y and arguably in J than the A320s IMO - especially if you can get a good seat (anything up to row 16 or 17, or row 27).
Old Sep 24, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
How is the recline on this plane in CE? Is it overly generous to the point where I should try my luck in grabbing a seat with nobody in front (I'm currently in 8D, is that an acceptable choice?)?

I'm referring to the 767 used on BA662 LHR-LCA. Thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2017, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by moe8555
How is the recline on this plane in CE? Is it overly generous to the point where I should try my luck in grabbing a seat with nobody in front (I'm currently in 8D, is that an acceptable choice?)?

I'm referring to the 767 used on BA662 LHR-LCA. Thanks!
The recline is noticeably more generous than the A320 series aircraft, but it's not as great as you would generally get on longhaul aircraft. 8D is a central section aisle seat, with the middle seat definitely blocked. Usually on 767s very few people recline, but LCA - particularly the late service - would be an exception. You are on the earlier service, but I wouldn't worry about reclining from any seat in CE after lunch has been served and tidied away. That said, some of the old seats on the 767 seem to have difficulty staying out of the recline, whether you - or the crew - want it or not.

There isn't much to choose between the seats on 767s other than the usual window/aisle/bulkhead choices, plus the middle seat blocks. So 8D isn't appreciably different from 7D.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I have an upcoming FCO-LHR flight on a European configuration 767. Originally booked into 35K - primarily for the window, but managed to rebook to 12K a couple of days ago. However, the 'frontpage' of the BA app now shows 21K, despite MMB part of the app still showing 12K - and the web MMB also showing 12K (but only 15K backwards being ET).

Which is correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.