Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: GSTBK
Here is a guide as to the best and worst seats in UK Domestic, Club Europe and Euro Traveller on the Boeing 767-300ER shorthaul aircraft.

Registrations: NWA, NWB, NWX, NWZ, ZHA, ZHB, ZHC.
Aircraft code: 76B.

Please ask your questions here, and hopefully someone will be able to help!

Please note, that due to BA's future introduction of Club on domestic routes, the domestic configuration shown below may no longer be in service when you view this guide.

Configuration

Seating capacity: CY259
Seat types: Rows 1-17 are fitted with convertible seating. Rows 18-40 are fitted with Recaro CL3510 seats.
In-flight entertainment: Overhead screens

A summary of comments made on previous threads:

Please note, seats 1A/B/J/K do not exist.

It has been reported that F-K seats can be quieter, due to naturally lower footfall in the second aisle.

Rows 2, 4, 6, 8 all have excellent window views.

Boarding usually occurs via door 2L- therefore, row 12 is best for a swift exit.

Rows 1-17 have 34 inch pitch.
Rows 18+ have 30 inch pitch.

1 D-F: Recommended, due to the extra legroom.
2 A-B: Recommended, due to the extra legroom.
2 J-K: Recommended, due to the extra legroom.
9 A-K: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat. The proximity to the galley and toilets may however be irritating. Well-placed for a quick exit.
12 A-K: Recommended, due to the extra legroom. The proximity to the galley and toilets may however be irritating. Well-placed for a quick exit.
13 A/K: These seats have a misaligned window.
14 A/K: These seats have a misaligned window.
25 A-K: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat.
27 A-K: Recommended, due to the extra (unlimited) legroom.
38 J-K: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat.
Row 39 onwards: The proximity to the galley and toilets may be irritating.
39 A-B: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat.
Row 40: There is limited recline due to the bulkhead behind the seat.

Related threads:
Print Wikipost

Seating guide: Boeing 767 shorthaul

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by World Traveller Fuss
I've a back to back to IST. Any thoughts on 2A? I'm a window seat lover, and a fan of the privacy of having no one else in view.

Are the Windows aligned? Is there extra space at the bulkhead?
2A is great. I don't remember any issues with the windows (and I love me som window so I'm sure I would have noticed) and the knee space is very good. You can't do a full leg stretch, of course, but I'd say go for it.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by boutela
2A is great. I don't remember any issues with the windows (and I love me som window so I'm sure I would have noticed) and the knee space is very good. You can't do a full leg stretch, of course, but I'd say go for it.
Perfect!
Old Jul 12, 2016, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Go for it - windows aligned, and can easily get it without disturbing 02B. Remember that there is no blocked middle seat.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 12:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Stay with exit rows or try and move forward?

hi - I'm travelling on a SH 767 this weekend. Booked into 27a/b outbound and 27jk inbound. Cabins starting row 12 out and 6 back. I've missed the release of the blocked seats up front for outbound but should I try and move up to row 6 if I can when seats become available or stay in the exit rows for return?
Old Jul 13, 2016, 3:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Yes, I would, the legroom in the front cabin is generous and as a pair no awkwardness having to ask to get out.
I would potentially choose row 7 to hedge against being curtained. Note that the curtain can't go in front of 8 or 9, it goes straight to 12, so there's no benefit in choosing 8 or 9 over 7.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 10:53 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by BMWMOT
Booked LHR-EDI. First time I'll be on one of these UK Domestic flights. I'm in 8A/B.
Rows 1-7 were blocked. Any idea why?
It sounds like row 8 is pretty good assuming door 2L is used?
I'm OW Sapphire if it means anything. Would it even be worth moving to row 1-7 if I could get it?
Row 9 is best. Usually first off as it is very rare for anything but 2L to be used for exit (I did have 4L once onto coaches, caused by docking at non-Dom pier at T5) and more often than not the crew hold back the horde in rows 12 and beyond until the front section has cleared.
Old Jul 13, 2016, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hi. Ok. Will look out. row 6 has since disappeared with the front of ET now starting at row 7!

Thank you!

Last edited by CaroFos; Jul 13, 2016 at 2:55 pm Reason: Forgot my manners.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, OnBusiness, Eurostar C.Blanche
BA shorthaul 767 - 12AB / JK - pic

Hello dear fellow nerds

Does anyone have a picture (or can take a picture) of row 12 AB or JK?

Using the Google "row 12 British Airways 767" or "12A British Airways B767" only gives me a picture of 27B lol

I'm really curious to see how much legroom we're talking here... cause I've never been past row 9 / Doors R2 on the 767 :-:
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
I fly in that seat a lot but don't have a picture. You can get in/out without disturbing the person in the aisle. You can't stretch out as there is no seat in front but a bulkhead, but other than that they are very comfortable seats, and I routinely use the bassinet table as a desk.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, OnBusiness, Eurostar C.Blanche
Experience from recent flight:

In 99% of the cases, doors 2L are used for boarding and deplaning.

If you can get a seat in rows 1-9, I strongly urge you to do so, especially if you like to "get out quickly"

Rows 12 and above are usually held back until everyone from rows 1-9 has gotten out.
Old Aug 25, 2016, 1:18 pm

767 European CE

This may sound like an odd question,

But could anyone tell me please, apart from the front row is there a particular row where a small child sitting in the A/K seat would be able to see the TV screens to watch the movie.

Row 2 is taken by the way!

Thanks! ^
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
We're in ET on one of these FRA-LHR early next week. We're currently in 8AB, but 12AB or 27AB are also available. Is it worth swapping to one of the seat options further back I've identified?

We'll have luggage in the hold this time and so a quick escape from the plane may be less advantageous compared to hand-baggage only trips.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
12 AB is bulkhead in 2nd cabin and good seats. You are also right by Door 2 so first off the plane (often CE goes back to row 9 in whcih case they will get off before you but you will be first Y off the plane)
Old Apr 27, 2017, 1:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by where2travel
We're in ET on one of these FRA-LHR early next week. We're currently in 8AB, but 12AB or 27AB are also available. Is it worth swapping to one of the seat options further back I've identified?
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
12 AB is bulkhead in 2nd cabin and good seats. You are also right by Door 2 so first off the plane (often CE goes back to row 9 in whcih case they will get off before you but you will be first Y off the plane)
Row 8 sounds like curtain roulette, if you go for this don't be surprised if you lose the gamble and end up down the back somewhere. So row 12 should indeed be safer, but the key thing - to reiterate comments upthread - is to get a seat up to and including row 17 since they have the more generous leg room. Personally I don't think it makes a lot of difference which row it is, up to 17, the bulkheads on the 767 don't have the kneeroom benefit of the Airbus fleet and many EDI/ARN regulars actively avoid them.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 2:34 am

I am a tall regular ARN flyer and when in ET I always go for 12A/K. Works really well for me and it is quite private.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.