FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Seating guide: Boeing 787 Dreamliner (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1645350-seating-guide-boeing-787-dreamliner.html)

conklaven Oct 31, 2015 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by ummgood (Post 25643091)
Oh and the best seat in W in my eyes on the 787-800 is 20F. It has more leg room and the left arm rest is movable.

Yeah originally I had the chance to get row 20 but choose 21 for the access to the window and wing view.

sebanto2001 Nov 4, 2015 12:46 am

At the end I flew out in WT+ which was really pleasant!
The way back was in WT, I got 30 C and was not bothered at all by the peoples standing to wait for the toilets (actually 2 toilets are on the other side and only one is on this side so people seem to go and wait on the other side). Plenty of legrooms. The only problem is, as already pointed out above, the widthness of the seats. But altogether it was quite bearable, I slept 6 of the 6.5 hours of the flight.

shefgab Nov 8, 2015 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by shefgab (Post 25628550)
Does anyone know the location of the IFE units on the 789 in WT? Are there are good or bad seats?

So I just got back from my first WT 789 flight. Verdict, not too bad. The seat felt a little tighter than the 77W or 380, but not having flown the 788 in Y I couldn't say if it's an improvment or not. The aisle in WTP certainly looked pretty wide.

The IFE box is a bit of a pain for the window seat (lucky there was no one in the middle), and in between the aisle and middle seat (why they have 2 boxes for 3 seats, i'm not sure!).

Row 41 is missing a window. The row 43 pairs near the window have a lot of space between the seat and the fuselage.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...2000.41.55.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...2000.51.57.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...2001.07.43.jpg

TheMiz Nov 8, 2015 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by shefgab (Post 25682761)
So I just got back from my first WT 789 flight. Verdict, not too bad. The seat felt a little tighter than the 77W or 380, but not having flown the 788 in Y I couldn't say if it's an improvment or not. The aisle in WTP certainly looked pretty wide.

The row 43 pairs near the window have a lot of space between the seat and the fuselage.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...2000.41.55.jpg

I happen to like the Twin seating but not sure on this 788.
never seen any listing for row 43 on seat guru and BA seems to be charging more for these seats then others in WT

Globaliser Nov 9, 2015 12:19 am

Originally Posted by TheMiz (Post 25683255)
I happen to like the Twin seating but not sure on this 788.
never seen any listing for row 43 on seat guru and BA seems to be charging more for these seats then others in WT

shefgab said 789. If you look at a 789 seat map, you'll see row 43.

The mistake is looking at sestguru. It's rubbish so far as BA is concerned, as your experience demonstrates. Just ignore it and use the better seat maps on the BA Source. "Do not listen to the others, they are false prophets."

Smid Nov 11, 2015 7:12 am

Has anyone got updates on these? I've got Club from San Jose, CA booked next August...

gorps1 Nov 11, 2015 8:08 am

I returned this morning from AUH in Club. I was seated in the "mini J" cabin so can only comment on rows 6 and 7. As others have pointed out, row 7 is infront of the galley so there is some noise from there. I was in 6J with aisle access, which seemed a little quieter than row 7, but the First duvets are kept in a cupboard next to 6J so there was some activity early in the flight, but it soon died down. The cabin is very similar to A380 UD in J.

A P Yu Nov 11, 2015 9:24 am

Gorps, did you notice if row 6 had a full set of windows? or any misalignment?

gorps1 Nov 11, 2015 9:48 am

Originally Posted by A P Yu (Post 25697335)
Gorps, did you notice if row 6 had a full set of windows? or any misalignment?

There is misalignment for 6K but alignment is perfect for 6J provided the divider stays down. My wife, who was in 6K, had to lean forward quite a way to watch an electrical storm over Iran.

gw76 Nov 11, 2015 10:55 am

what is this "787-900" you speak of ? ;)

TyneTraveller Nov 11, 2015 11:12 am

Originally Posted by flygod (Post 25124619)
Finally, if I pay the £65 seat fee, will I get this back if an UUA to F becomes available?

The seating refund policy states that BA permits a paid seating refund if you have voluntarily purchased an upgrade pre travel. Hopefully the term purchased covers UUA, and would be surprised if it doesn't. You would no doubt have to apply for it through the usual BA channels :)

conklaven Nov 18, 2015 10:37 pm

The 787 has to be one of the worst planes I have ever been on. Sat in the bulkhead and It was terrible.

I had to stand nearly the entire time due to there being absolutely no room to sit down.

I will avoid this plane at all costs in the future.

windowontheAside Nov 19, 2015 2:51 am

Originally Posted by conklaven (Post 25737972)
The 787 has to be one of the worst planes I have ever been on. Sat in the bulkhead and It was terrible.

I had to stand nearly the entire time due to there being absolutely no room to sit down.

I will avoid this plane at all costs in the future.

Yep. I'm not much of a plane geek - I barely know the difference between a 777 and a 747 (yes, I know that practically disqualifies me from this forum). I even like old WT+, so I don't think I'm particularly demanding or discerning.

But, having done the 787 in Y a couple of times, I have resolved never to repeat the experience. Life is too short to spend 6+ hours in such discomfort.

KimT Nov 21, 2015 11:49 pm

I am booked on the 787-800 in February PHL - LHR. Right now EF is showing row 20 and 30 as either open or blocked (not occupied) but they can't be selected on BA. Row 30 is the exit row but it sounds like row 20 will be better because of the bathroom traffic at 30.

Does anyone know when BA normally releases these seats? I am OW Sapphire so I can select my seats and want to try and get in one of these rows to make the flight 'bearable'. After reading the awful reviews of the Y seating, I'm really kicking myself for not booking the AA flight instead on the A330. Bulkhead and exit seats are free and can be selected anytime for OW Emerald/Sapphire. I opted for BA to try out the 787. Should have done more research ahead of time!

Thanks

corporate-wage-slave Nov 22, 2015 1:18 am

Originally Posted by KimT (Post 25753721)
I am booked on the 787-800 in February PHL - LHR. Right now EF is showing row 20 and 30 as either open or blocked (not occupied) but they can't be selected on BA. Row 30 is the exit row but it sounds like row 20 will be better because of the bathroom traffic at 30.

Does anyone know when BA normally releases these seats? I am OW Sapphire so I can select my seats and want to try and get in one of these rows to make the flight 'bearable'.

Rows 20 and 30 are opened for Golds/Emeralds only at this stage. They are then opened up to Silvers/Sapphires at T-14 days. See the BA Seating Policy Guide in the Forum Dashboard for a bit more detail.