FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Seating guide: Boeing 787-8/9 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1645350-seating-guide-boeing-787-8-9-a.html)

KimT Nov 21, 15 11:49 pm

I am booked on the 787-800 in February PHL - LHR. Right now EF is showing row 20 and 30 as either open or blocked (not occupied) but they can't be selected on BA. Row 30 is the exit row but it sounds like row 20 will be better because of the bathroom traffic at 30.

Does anyone know when BA normally releases these seats? I am OW Sapphire so I can select my seats and want to try and get in one of these rows to make the flight 'bearable'. After reading the awful reviews of the Y seating, I'm really kicking myself for not booking the AA flight instead on the A330. Bulkhead and exit seats are free and can be selected anytime for OW Emerald/Sapphire. I opted for BA to try out the 787. Should have done more research ahead of time!

Thanks

corporate-wage-slave Nov 22, 15 1:18 am

Originally Posted by KimT (Post 25753721)
I am booked on the 787-800 in February PHL - LHR. Right now EF is showing row 20 and 30 as either open or blocked (not occupied) but they can't be selected on BA. Row 30 is the exit row but it sounds like row 20 will be better because of the bathroom traffic at 30.

Does anyone know when BA normally releases these seats? I am OW Sapphire so I can select my seats and want to try and get in one of these rows to make the flight 'bearable'.

Rows 20 and 30 are opened for Golds/Emeralds only at this stage. They are then opened up to Silvers/Sapphires at T-14 days. See the BA Seating Policy Guide in the Forum Dashboard for a bit more detail.

Globaliser Nov 25, 15 9:21 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 25753834)
Rows 20 and 30 are opened for Golds/Emeralds only at this stage. They are then opened up to Silvers/Sapphires at T-14 days.

Won't row 30 be subject to the usual exit row rules? That is, opened to everyone else at the same time (T-14d) for purchase, not for free?

sebanto2001 Nov 26, 15 1:46 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser (Post 25770502)
Won't row 30 be subject to the usual exit row rules? That is, opened to everyone else at the same time (T-14d) for purchase, not for free?

Seats are free for GCH at the time of booking, then they're open for purchase at T-14d for everyone but at T-72h you can call the BAEC to book them for free if your are SCH/OWS even if sometimes due to a glitch they don't let you select these seats on the seatmap.

aglp2k Nov 28, 15 8:39 am

20D or 21K in WT. Recommendation please.

daftboy Feb 19, 16 7:10 am

Any seat advice for CW on the 787-9?

I have selected 7A in the forward mini cabin (two rows) outbound and 11A on a return (no more window seats in the front cabin) in the absence of any specific guidance!

zkzkz Feb 21, 16 12:27 pm

CW seats for a couple on a short night flight (shorter for lack of lounge dining at yul too)?

Earlier posters seem to like 3A/3B but it does look closer to the galley which might cut into sleep time...

redpalmetto Feb 23, 16 12:37 pm

Are the Y seats on 789 better than 788 Y, which vare bad. Off to KUL and have option on 777-300 on KLM

GodAtum Mar 20, 16 2:18 pm

How about the best seats in F?

dnajockey Mar 20, 16 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by GodAtum (Post 26360422)

You,re gonna need a bigger plane ....

mikeyfly Mar 20, 16 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by GodAtum (Post 26360422)

2K if travelling alone

flyer200 Apr 5, 16 4:25 am

Is there an equivalent thread for 787-9

PE starts at row 16-21 in a 2-3-2 config

wondering about best seats for privacy / access

47Chits Apr 17, 16 5:22 pm

1j/k yul-lhr

Flew the overnight from YUL to LHR last week in 1J and 1K.

Met up with my travel buddy, who had up come off 6 hours of budget airline travel to meet me to start our Europe vacation. I was in a bad mood... for various reasons... travel buddy was literally prancing as we met at the airport.

Not a plane geek, but cool plane. Seems like high ceilings, interesting lighting, even in the bathrooms, I like the window shade deal, even though it seems a bit gimicky.

Some pretty good bumps, but very quiet plane, don't see the "noisy aspect of it".

Seems like staff don't like working on it, too. I went straight to sleep. Was pleasantly surprised to find my TB passed out from wine and cheese from the one fantastic woman who worked our cabin.

Would fly it again.

Firemin May 11, 16 3:33 am

Best seats for toddler/infant combo

Flying the 787-9 to Calgary in August with the wife, infant and toddler.

Have booked wife in the bassinet 10J, with the toddler in the adjacent 10K (rear facing window seat). I was going to sit in 10F opposite my wife but is it better for me to sit in 11J, so I can keep the toddler in his seat (I assume his aisle access is via 11J)?

feist Aug 10, 16 8:30 pm

Flying on the 787-8 from Calgary to London Heathrow Club World in March next year with my wife and wondered which seats are recommended for couples? The suggestions seem to be mainly for individuals. I'm thinking of going for 3A & B as its on the oppostie side of the toilet and its a night flight so should be quieter. Worried that the windows don't blank out the light enough though as the sun will hit the A side of the plane.