FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Seating guide: Boeing 787 Dreamliner (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1645350-seating-guide-boeing-787-dreamliner.html)

Phil the Flyer Sep 17, 2016 4:33 am

Having just completed my first BA CW 788 return (CAI-LHR-CAI, outbound 9/9, inbound 16/9 - seat 3A both ways) I've got to say that if 3A is considered to be one of the best seats I hate to think what it's like sitting in the worst seats.

While legroom and unobstructed aisle access are both plus points the seat feels incredibly narrow and restricted in terms of personal space, particularly with the divider raised.

This isn't intended as a BA-bashing comment (last night's crew were absolutely brilliant) but I defy anyone who has flown 788 J on both BA and QR to remotely favourably compare the former with the latter. When it comes to seat layout it's just no contest - the sooner BA ditches their long-outdated CW cabin layout in favour of something like QR's the better.

At least on the CAI route the 788 CW cabin is a vast improvement on the 763. :rolleyes:

conklaven Sep 17, 2016 10:38 am

Originally Posted by conklaven (Post 27222518)

Originally Posted by conklaven (Post 27186506)
Do we know if row 39 reclines fully? and how much space is there next to J? Last time i flew the 787 we sat in row 30 and I had middle seat and couldnt even sit in my seat due to the narrowness of the seats.

I will be traveling with my wife and 1 1/2 year old daughter and would either pick 39H and J or 20 e and f

Advice?

Thoughts?

Nobody has any advice which is a better choice?

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 27223835)
No seats have limited recline.

are you responding to the WT+ question or mine? or both?

PETER01 Sep 17, 2016 11:09 am

Originally Posted by conklaven (Post 27225181)
Nobody has any advice which is a better choice?

There are probably not that many on here who would have sat in Y or/and that far back. Here is a Video which shows at 3:33 the paired seats and it looks like they have limited recline. The seats are a mirror image of the JK side.

corporate-wage-slave sat in row 20 and included a review which is documented here and is an excellent guide with photos. Here is 20 E/F and I'd personally go for that, nearer the front, less turbulence and away from loos as well as 20D having a solid barrier leaving the 2 seats to yourselves as here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...y-soon-16.html (scroll down)

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640...922/1q8dci.jpg

Originally Posted by conklaven (Post 27225181)
are you responding to the WT+ question or mine? or both?

I think CIHY was referring to WT+ and AIUI there are no seats with limited recline there across the different aircraft types.

conklaven Sep 17, 2016 11:33 am

Thanks Peter!

allturnleft Sep 17, 2016 11:51 am

Liked the mini CW cabin at the front of the 787-8

It felt like the F section of the 787-9 but this time there were 3 loos to chose from and the front galley is pretty much deserted.

Had seats 1J/K which are very quiet as the mini cabin works almost in reverse with activity coming from the back

dolceguess4 Oct 11, 2016 3:20 am

7E (middle) clubworld seat

7E in BA789. I am tempted to reserve seat 7E. do you guys any views on the seat?

mikeyfly Oct 11, 2016 3:23 am

I don't think I'd like the double divider down for take off / landing

Can I help you Oct 11, 2016 3:58 am

Originally Posted by dolceguess4 (Post 27331095)
7E in BA789. I am tempted to reserve seat 7E. do you guys any views on the seat?

Excellent seat, very private and easily accessible.

Can I help you Oct 11, 2016 4:04 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 27331102)
I don't think I'd like the double divider down for take off / landing

Dividers can be up or down for takeoff and landing.

mikeyfly Oct 11, 2016 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 27331161)
Dividers can be up or down for takeoff and landing.

Couple of times on the 789 I assume they were manually over-ridden as had to be down. Is this usual?

Foltan Oct 11, 2016 6:43 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 27331433)
Couple of times on the 789 I assume they were manually over-ridden as had to be down. Is this usual?

Are you sure it wasn't just your seat-mate?

I think the conventional wisdom is that it's polite to have them down for TO and landing so that the inner-sitters can see the ground (for nervousness reasons etc.) but aside from that there's no reason for them to be set that way.

jcm9000 Oct 11, 2016 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you (Post 27331155)
Excellent seat, very private and easily accessible.

absolutely. Someone just asked that on a certain facebook site, seemed they enjoyed the flight too. The only thing is the first time i nearly had a heart attack when the plane touched down as i thought we were still well up in the air! I've tried since not to look out a window on landing but can't help it, just used to doing so!! 7E cocoons you in and....surprise!

ps i always thought it was down for the safety briefing at least but curiously take off and landing too so happy days as i'll take CIHY's statement as gospel (but not argue if asked by crew otherwise).

manymany Oct 11, 2016 12:43 pm

Was in 7A last night from KUL. No bother from galley or toilet at all. However, I was disappointed the windows were locked fully dimmed before take off. Thy weren't locked for landing however.

Back in June same route I ate in 7D then slept in 6E...I had all DEF seats all to myself!

Those middle E seats do have more width room and I'm undecided which is my favourite, window or middle seat. I really like the 787-9. I notice the differences with less dehydration etc.

Can I help you Oct 11, 2016 12:45 pm

People need to complain if the window blinds are locked, this should never happen and we need to dip this in the bud.

Cheapskate22 Oct 19, 2016 11:54 pm

Does anyone have advise on which seats on the 787-9 have more legroom in the lie-flat position? Normally this would be the bulkhead seats that don't have a barrier around the footrest but not sure on this plane?

Someone mentioned 6F (which I have currently booked), but one of the pics further up thread seems to show 6D as having a barrier, so not sure if this is mirrored on the other side! Does 7A for example also have extra legroom?