FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Seating guide: Boeing 787 Dreamliner (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1645350-seating-guide-boeing-787-dreamliner.html)

lotusodc1 Aug 11, 2016 5:17 am

I too am also looking for the best 789 in CW seats? I currently have 10A LHR-AUS in September
Possibly considering moving to 11K?

Castle25 Aug 11, 2016 6:18 am

Looks like for the past few weeks the 787-9 has been used to Calgary - is this going to continue?

corporate-wage-slave Aug 11, 2016 6:45 am

Originally Posted by lotusodc1 (Post 27048234)
I too am also looking for the best 789 in CW seats? I currently have 10A LHR-AUS in September
Possibly considering moving to 11K?

As a single traveller I personally go for 7K on the 787-9, failing that 7A, failing that row 6.

Originally Posted by Castle25 (Post 27048400)
Looks like for the past few weeks the 787-9 has been used to Calgary - is this going to continue?

It was semi-announced, as in "nothing is guaranteed, however...". The 767s are gone (ish) and they need a low cost replacement since the route is long and marginal in terms of returns. So the 787s fit the bill, maybe the A350 eventually.

lotusodc1 Aug 11, 2016 6:55 am

[QUOTE=corporate-wage-slave;27048496]As a single traveller I personally go for 7K on the 787-9, failing that 7A, failing that row 6.

Unfortunately this is all thats showing for seat choice http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/...psq9m5pxzu.jpg[/URL]

feist Aug 11, 2016 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Castle25 (Post 27048400)

If the 787-9 is flying the route then how would you book for the first class seats ?

Castle25 Aug 11, 2016 7:53 am

Originally Posted by feist (Post 27048766)
If the 787-9 is flying the route then how would you book for the first class seats ?

think they only use it if the CW cabin is overbooked

feist Aug 11, 2016 7:53 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 27047774)
Welcome to Flyertalk feist, welcome in particular to the BA board, and I hope your trip to London goes well. Given that poor old Calgary used to get just about the worst selection of BA's aircraft in the past, a situation that seems to have persisted for very many years - the switch to the 787-8 will make a big improvement to your experience. Provided you are not in World Traveller.

I would say 3A and 3B are good options. For anyone sensitive to light then also 3D and 3E would be good, 3E being very dark. It also has direct aisle access and a bit more space than other seats. The light issue probably won't impact many people, since though a lot of people need darkness to get to sleep, the presence of half light doesn't necessarily wake them up. The flush mechanism on 787 toilets is very quiet, less than half the noise of an older jet I would say.

I think it's also fair to say that if you are a couple then on the 787 aircraft there aren't the "go to" seats that there are on wider aircraft with larger cabins. The differences between seats aren't so great, though the taller passenger still benefits from those where the footstall is against a bulkhead. So if light and noise sensitivity is an issue

On a Calgary to London service I don't think the sun comes up on the port (A) side of the aircraft, though with all the enhancements we're having at the moment I guess we can't take anything for granted. Furthermore this website agrees with me:
http://sunflight.net/
The sun will be more or less in front, starting to appear about 5 hours into the flight, over Greenland with a bias to the starboard side until the last hour or two when the light will be stronger and more emphatically starboard.

Thanks for the response and good to know about the sunlight think I will stick with 3A/B, I am 6ft 5in so I know I wont be able to lie flat but hopefully get some sleep.

AUSMatt Aug 16, 2016 7:30 am

Middle for me

I've flown the 787-8 several times in CW and on my last trip discovered that the middle seats (E) seem to have the most room width-wise when laying flat. Granted it was a near empty cabin so I didn't face issues with seat mates. But with both partitions raised, the E seat had more room than the A and K based on my laying in both.

I'm flying the new 787-9 and am going to select 7E (rear-facing, middle in the mini cabin with unrestricted aisle access. Will update this post after my flight hopefully with a couple of pics.

CocoPops Aug 31, 2016 10:38 am

Just found this thread :) Thanks!

Got my first B787 flight at end of Sept to/from CAI. Have booked 3A, which seems to get good feedback in here :)

ENTP Aug 31, 2016 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by CocoPops (Post 27146109)
Just found this thread :) Thanks!

Got my first B787 flight at end of Sept to/from CAI. Have booked 3A, which seems to get good feedback in here :)

Yep, it and 3K are great!

conklaven Sep 9, 2016 12:19 am

Do we know if row 39 reclines fully? and how much space is there next to J? Last time i flew the 787 we sat in row 30 and I had middle seat and couldnt even sit in my seat due to the narrowness of the seats.

I will be traveling with my wife and 1 1/2 year old daughter and would either pick 39H and J or 20 e and f

Advice?

TSR2 Sep 10, 2016 3:45 am

Recently did LHR-AUH on 789 and ICN-LHR on 788. Seat 7k on 789 and 3k on 788. Liked them both, good access to aisle and despite being a light sleeper who needs blackout curtains at home, wasn't disturbed by toilet flush or window shading - actually preferred it to blinds!

conklaven Sep 16, 2016 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by conklaven (Post 27186506)
Do we know if row 39 reclines fully? and how much space is there next to J? Last time i flew the 787 we sat in row 30 and I had middle seat and couldnt even sit in my seat due to the narrowness of the seats.

I will be traveling with my wife and 1 1/2 year old daughter and would either pick 39H and J or 20 e and f

Advice?

Thoughts?

Vercors Sep 17, 2016 1:09 am

Hello all

I have a coming trip to Calgary in WT+... I'm a bit confused as the wiki here states that row 13 (the last one) has limited recline, but others in those pages seem to question that info... But still, I could not find a definitive answer.

I would find it surprising on a modern plane but am not willing to find out that this is indeed the case on a 9 hours flight...

So does anyone know for sure?

thanks!

Can I help you Sep 17, 2016 1:45 am

No seats have limited recline.