Wiki Posts
Search

Flight time change - cancel & rebook?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Flight time change - cancel & rebook?

I've just been informed that a non flexible flight & car I have booked for a trip to the USA later this year is now leaving 20 minutes later.

I notice that the flight and car hire is currently 200 GBP cheaper in the sale. Could I cancel without penalty and rebook at the cheaper rate?

I'm not saying that I'd bother doing this but just wondered if it was a possibility given the change to flight times.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:49 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
I think it needs to be a significant time change to open up that possibility, defined by BA as 2 hours.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:51 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
It is indeed 2 hours for a refund

I did similar last week after they moved my MLA trip in June by about 8 hours
Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Fair enough. Thanks for getting back to me.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 1:58 am

Programs: BA GGL
There's nothing to stop you trying. There are numerous reasons why a 20 minute change could make it difficult / impossible for you to catch your flight. Call BA and ask the question. Nothing ventured, nothing gained...
Old Jan 8, 2015, 3:33 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Worth a try I would say...you never know.

Might seem a strange comment to make, but just check that the arrival time is 20 minutes later too (would be more inconvenient than a later departure),as I had an occasion last year on a USA route where the departure time was changed to 15 minutes later, and the arrival time was actually 5 minutes earlier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.