Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Most arrogant customer service in the world

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most arrogant customer service in the world

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015, 4:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If my understanding is correct, the benefit that was utilised had to be used by a date that had passed , so refunded and then expired

If the expiration date had not passed would it have still been available for further use?
The expiry was due to BA's business decision to cancel the route; it was not refunded because "it was expired" if I understand the OP correctly. He had no rel opportunity to use the instrument for any other trip.

Simple common sense indicates that making the OP whole includes giving him the opportunity to use the instrument and not hide behind bureaucratic weasel words when the airline is entirely at fault here. Business decisions have costs, and the money BA saved by canceling this route should certainly be sufficient to monetarily fully compensate the OP. He has already spent a lot of futile time and effort trying to fix the mess BA put him into.

Bad show, BA.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black
If my understanding is correct, the benefit that was utilised had to be used by a date that had passed , so refunded and then expired

If the expiration date had not passed would it have still been available for further use?
I beleive they would have refunded it.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 5:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The airline shouldn't hide behind rules - but passengers should use rules to get anything they are entitled to?

I also do not think there is any arrogance in a company stating that something is its final position and that it will not discuss a matter further - which is the crux of the OP's complaint from 1st post

The OP knows for certain that if there is something wrong in what BA has given that he needs to take it to MCOL
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
What ever happened to, "The customer is always right?" I eat many indignities and bending over backwards for my clients, (I'm a business owner,) but every single one is overcome by my margin from future business from that client and their referrals.

BA have become the Ryanair of full service carriers, and they seem to be reveling in it.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by jmc1K
What ever happened to, "The customer is always right?" I eat many indignities and bending over backwards for my clients, (I'm a business owner,) but every single one is overcome by my margin from future business from that client and their referrals.
Someone realised that the customer is not always right
Old Jan 6, 2015, 6:58 pm

Someone realised that the customer is not always right
That's absolute nonsense. If you are GGL/CCR, the airline should only say no if you are utterly abusing your position. You are talking about the top 500 tier point earners on BA. If that is 30% TP runners, then find a way to deal with it if it is a problem.

When I go to a Four Seasons or a Ritz, or a Mandarin Oriental, I never hear the word no. I expect the same from BA as a GGL/CCR. Full stop.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:01 pm

That's absolute nonsense. If you are GGL/CCR, the airline should only say no if you are utterly abusing your position. You are talking about the top 500 tier point earners on BA. If that is 30% TP runners, then find a way to deal with it if it is a problem.

When I go to a Four Seasons or a Ritz, or a Mandarin Oriental, I never hear the word no. I expect the same from BA as a GGL/CCR. Full stop.
maybe your expectations need changing. If the limit of what the airline is offering is less than the passenger is prepared to accept, then at some point the airline is going to get to the "take it or leave it stage" of communication

Do you know the entire details of what the passenger was asking for and what the airline was prepared to offer at all stages?

In relation to handling due to a cancellation, it should matter not whether someone is a once ever traveller or a Gold Guest List member
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black
The airline shouldn't hide behind rules - but passengers should use rules to get anything they are entitled to?

I also do not think there is any arrogance in a company stating that something is its final position and that it will not discuss a matter further - which is the crux of the OP's complaint from 1st post

The OP knows for certain that if there is something wrong in what BA has given that he needs to take it to MCOL
I think I deserved an answer. I agreed to a refund. I used 2 vouchers that are now worthless, I asked whether I could have them back (something that was hinted but not promised by the BA agent) and instead of the sorry unfortunately we can't give them because of... I get the we will not communicate anymore.. This is what I call arrogance..
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by TheHak
I think I deserved an answer. I agreed to a refund. I used 2 vouchers that are now worthless, I asked whether I can have them back (something that was hinted but not promised by the BA agent) and instead of the sorry unfortunately we can't give them because of... I get the we will not communicate anymore.. This is what I call that arrogance..
Because the vouchers are now worthless, you did not receive a full refund, and you have not been made whole.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:13 pm

maybe your expectations need changing. If the limit of what the airline is offering is less than the passenger is prepared to accept, then at some point the airline is going to get to the "take it or leave it stage" of communication

Do you know the entire details of what the passenger was asking for and what the airline was prepared to offer at all stages?

In relation to handling due to a cancellation, it should matter not whether someone is a once ever traveller or a Gold Guest List member
Wow, what a corporate nonsense answer that is. This is why BA is losing business. I have shifted my spend, as has the OP and others. One day they will come back around, but sadly BA has clearly decided to be the airline of choice for chancers and discount seekers, ignoring pax who would prefer to travel on an English speaking carrier if only they understood the concept of service.

It's doubly sad for the genuinely excellent crews who try so hard to smother the pig in lipstick.

Alas, we can see.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:17 pm

Wow, what a corporate nonsense answer that is. This is why BA is losing business. .
No it isn't nonsense

The company has a position on the most that it is prepared to offer
Either the customer is prepared to accept it or not
Not many companies will just accept to pay out whatever a customer demands
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA
BA's CS sucks almost as much as united. i was on the phone with BA in november and got no where with the indo-call center dope who did nothing but read to me the very policy BA had violated with respect to my trip. so I asked to speak to a supervisor. at first the super seemed quite pleasant. however, after listening to my complaint she simply said, "what the agent told you stands. i'm terminating this call." she then hung up on me.

hopefully she enjoys the same treatment from other folks for the reset of her snot nosed, arrogant $#*&(^&% life.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:22 pm

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
If you are GGL/CCR, the airline should only say no if you are utterly abusing your position. You are talking about the top 500 tier point earners on BA.
Ludicrous. And pretty much the epitome of the DYKWIA attitude allegedly so reviled on this forum.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:26 pm
Suspended

No it isn't nonsense

The company has a position on the most that it is prepared to offer
Either the customer is prepared to accept it or not
Not many companies will just accept to pay out whatever a customer demands
What you're missing is the poor tone of the letter.

There are much nicer ways for a company to say they aren't going to respond. Of course, I would have taken the email and sent it to Keith Williams "so you can see the response I received."

I would bet he would have the language changed in 2 seconds.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by CCayley
Ludicrous. And pretty much the epitome of the DYKWIA attitude allegedly so reviled on this forum.
Hardly ludicrous if you are talking between £25-50K spend per year. DYKWIA? I'm the guy who just gave that money to AF. Dumbasses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.