Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Most arrogant customer service in the world

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Most arrogant customer service in the world

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by headingwest
Those were some expensive scones!
Well they know how much customers value a 'high quality afternoon tea offering' across most of the afternoon.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:29 am

BA have handled the MLE cancellations appallingly, and to give out 1,250 Avios per person for the loss of a 2 for 1 voucher and 1,250 Avios per person for an expired GGL Joker massively undervalues them to such an extent it's laughable from an external perspective.

That's fewer Avios than OP would have earned from flying from London to Manchester and back, or if he'd swapped £5 of Tesco vouchers.

BA has many failings, but you used to be able to rely on them to step up when things went wrong. We're seeing so many examples recently of this not being the case it's as though they're aping the Ryanair of old.

You have our sympathies Hak - this embarrassment of a response is totally worth a new thread.

Last edited by 710 77345; Jan 6, 2015 at 8:35 am
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:30 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Pretty poor showing by BA in that case.
Taking that all at face value, that is almost worth of Mo'L himself. In fact add in a couple of swearword it could be from him...
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I had a similarly worded e-mail when I complained about a broken seat in OF to SFO last year. I had been compensated 50k Avios for the fact it was OF rather than NF but I felt the fact that the seat was defective merited an additional payment. BA felt otherwise. I argued that even if the cabin is OF you should still expect the equipment to be in good working order / functional. BA refused to discuss the point and I received a not dissimilarly worded e-mail to the OP.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TheHak
Good bye BA.
I remember the original thread - which was complicated by a series of bookings before and after the cancelled flight. I have to say that you may be you will be best off elsewhere, you certainly get more than your fair share of problems with BA, thinking about all the other issues you have had with them in recent years (though they were small beer compared to this one).

I doubt BA will miss you, but at least you will know that your money won't be going to an airline which you probably feel doesn't deserve your support.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black
The GGL voucher would have still been valid had i cancelled earlier given my renewal date is dec 8th so their argument is that i lost it from bot accepting the refund earlier
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
I had an email like that when they refused to issue a reasonably sized refund I was due. In the end I opened a new ticket with customer services, copying in everything I'd had before including the "We will not discuss this further" email and stated I found it unacceptable. The new person that took it on was brilliant and handled everything professionally and as well as could be hoped.

Not sure if it will help here, but can't hurt to try?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: ABBA
Very poor of BA not to refund the vouchers, or equivelant. Might be worth complaining to amex. For the joker, email the GGL team and ask them how many jokers you have left -- if they say you've used them, ask them where, then point out that you didn't fly. From what I understand the joker usage is kept on an excel sheet by "Larry" (or someone).

As to the hotel, you booked a really cheap hotel which you couldn't cancel - I suggest using hotels.com or similar in future. If you had booked this as a holiday, like people used to do before the internet, you would have had protection from ABTA. You didn't, and you take the chance. There's a reason why you can get cheaper things if you forgoe insurance, flexibility, baggage etc, and that's fine, just don't be surprised if it bites you on the ....
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I have to say that you may be you will be best off elsewhere...
The funny thing is that 'elsewhere' is just as capable of royally screwing up, except you usually pay (much) less YQ for the pleasure
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I doubt BA will miss you, but at least you will know that your money won't be going to an airline which you probably feel doesn't deserve your support.
That's all very well CWS, but the real problem here is that it sounds as if the 'arrogant' claim is quite substantiated. This surprises me in many ways because I've found that BA are usually very good at dealing with my grievances. It sounds to me that somebody in particular is not capable of dealing with complaints and ultimately tries to fob customers off with these quite blunt and inappropriate replies. Perhaps somebody needs 'retraining'.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by paulwuk
As to the hotel, you booked a really cheap hotel which you couldn't cancel - I suggest using hotels.com or similar in future. If you had booked this as a holiday, like people used to do before the internet, you would have had protection from ABTA. You didn't, and you take the chance. There's a reason why you can get cheaper things if you forgoe insurance, flexibility, baggage etc, and that's fine, just don't be surprised if it bites you on the ....
If someone books a cheap hotel so what? I don't see what difference that makes in cases such as this.

If I'm organised enough to book flights and hotels well in advance to my financial advantage, why should I be left out of pocket when an airline decides to change its plans? By buying the airline tickets I have agreed to fly at the indicated airports at the times and days shown on the itinerary. If the airline then changes its plans then they should be prepared to reimburse people who have lost money because of those changes. That's my opinion anyway!
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
From what I understand the joker usage is kept on an excel sheet by "Larry" (or someone).
This made me laugh so hard (but it's probably true!)
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LondonElite
This made me laugh so hard (but it's probably true!)
It is true.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA NON flyer, LH Frequent Traveller, V/A Gold, HGP Diamond, HHonnors Diamond, GHA Black
Very poor of BA not to refund the vouchers, or equivelant. Might be worth complaining to amex. For the joker, email the GGL team and ask them how many jokers you have left -- if they say you've used them, ask them where, then point out that you didn't fly. From what I understand the joker usage is kept on an excel sheet by "Larry" (or someone).

Not sure why you feel entitled to lecture me.

First I have insurance, from royal mail but it is capped at 10k AND more importantly an airline cancelling a flight doesnt qualify your 'hotel' insurance.

I had booked at the Jumeirah Vittaveli with an advance payment 30% off non refundable. They were fantastic settled on a compromise (ie not free beleive me) which very much eased to swallow the BA pill and this is why I 'gave in' to BA.

To be frank I always thought I would be protected by EU241 so didnt see the problem of taking an early bird rate which exists with almost ALL the best hotels in the world.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 9:14 am
Original Poster

I remember the original thread - which was complicated by a series of bookings before and after the cancelled flight. I have to say that you may be you will be best off elsewhere, you certainly get more than your fair share of problems with BA, thinking about all the other issues you have had with them in recent years (though they were small beer compared to this one).

Yep havent flown BA since this happened 4 months ago and I m certain BA doesnt miss me. Clearly the business is good enough for them they cant care about the few the screw along the way.

Im pretty sure when you fly 2-3 LH flights a month you are bound to have problems along the way but strongly beleive the title of this thread is 100% accurate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.