Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Status Matching from BA to Skyteam/Star Alliance

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Matching from BA to Skyteam/Star Alliance

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, Turkish Elite... oh yeah, and of course: Starbucks Gold :P
Originally Posted by Flier74
I have just sent an e Mai to TK to see if they match my OWE to their equivalent *G and will report back once I hear.
so, much time has passed... have you got any response from TK?

As i really don't care about BA anymore since even the BAEC got enhanced this year, i just started to always fly with the cheapest option. therefore a status-match from any other alliance would be very welcome - but it still looks quite hard to get one as a mere 'ba silver', or?

thanks
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Alitalia will match you - see the thread in the Alitalia forum.

This will get you Skyteam status - and some status perks when flying Etihad, too.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:14 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Yeah Alitalia will match silver to Freccia Alata which is Skyteam Elite Plus. From what I've read elsewhere, you can then use your Elite Plus to match to Turkish.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ziz
Yeah Alitalia will match silver to Freccia Alata which is Skyteam Elite Plus. From what I've read elsewhere, you can then use your Elite Plus to match to Turkish.
Well I sent in a request to match my BAEC Gold to Freccia Alata Plus a couple of weeks ago, but nothing seems to have happened so far... not even an email acknowledgement
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:59 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Originally Posted by njf63
Well I sent in a request to match my BAEC Gold to Freccia Alata Plus a couple of weeks ago, but nothing seems to have happened so far... not even an email acknowledgement
I emailed AZ on July 27th, got a "sorry it's taking so long" on Aug 3rd, and on Aug 7th a "we couldn't make your card, please send another picture". I'd sent them the PDF from BAEC, but it does seem a bit ... naff, with heavily pixelated membership number that looks pretty fake. I've now emailed them a photo of my card and am waiting to hear.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The T&Cs of the Alitalia match require only a scan/photo of the card.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:08 am

The silly thing is, there's about a 0.001% chance I will fly AZ or any Skyteam airline in the next couple of years, but you FTers have corrupted me into an avid collector of shiny cards
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:10 am

... which I never display on my luggage

I am the ultimate YDKWIM?G!*

* You don't know who I am ? Good !
Old Aug 14, 2015, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by Ziz
Yeah Alitalia will match silver to Freccia Alata which is Skyteam Elite Plus.
Are you sure? I checked, and it seems silver only matches to something called Ulisse, which has no lounge access.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
Are you sure? I checked, and it seems silver only matches to something called Ulisse, which has no lounge access.
YES BA silver is matched to Freccia Alata which is sky team plus. Other silvers are likely matched to Ulisses
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, Turkish Elite... oh yeah, and of course: Starbucks Gold :P
Guys thank you, this looks great!
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by njf63
Originally Posted by dsf
I emailed AZ on July 27th, got a "sorry it's taking so long" on Aug 3rd, and on Aug 7th a "we couldn't make your card, please send another picture". I'd sent them the PDF from BAEC, but it does seem a bit ... naff, with heavily pixelated membership number that looks pretty fake. I've now emailed them a photo of my card and am waiting to hear.
Same here ... clearly being processed, but they can't read the downloaded image that ba.com offers. I scanned the physical card and re-transmitted this morning.

(Joined 3 Aug, and acknowledged. Applied for match on same day. 14 Aug was 'we cannot read the card details')
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I got status match from Alitalia after about 2 weeks of waiting. I sent picture of Gold card and print screens from BAEC account. Didn't get any email to confirm it. I think it came week or two later, after I already knew about it by checking website.

TK did status match in one day, based on the same documents + new card from Alitalia. Now I can enjoy Star Alliance lounges :-) I'm actually flying with them from time to time, but not on TK planes. SkyTeam Gold is not as good but at least will give me choice of premium seats on Delta.

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Aug 14, 2015 at 1:40 pm
Old Aug 14, 2015, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
I got status match from Alitalia after about 2 weeks. I sent picture of Gold card and print screens from BAEC account. TK did status match in one day, based on the same documents + new card from Alitalia. Now I can enjoy Star Alliance lounges :-) I'm actually flying with them from time to time, but not on TK planes. SkyTeam Gold is not as good but at least will give me choice of premium seats on Delta.
I sent Screen-Shots too, showing Status, BAEC number, recent sectors. I don't know why that screenshot of my home page wasn't enough ... it has the date/time of the screenshot and all the details they should need. A scan of my Gold card could just as easily be photoshopped.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Am i to understand that on AZ or AF or KL or LH that the FF schemes are more generous than the latest BAEC then? And is there shorthaul business product a proper business class product unlike BA?
Or is this a case of cutting off one's nose to spite ones face??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.