Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Concorde Room in IAD - Access for CCR card holders

Concorde Room in IAD - Access for CCR card holders

Old Sep 11, 15, 6:19 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR Hilton Diamond
Smile

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey View Post
Just been in the lounge in IAD with Frequent_Flyer1 and I'm very pleased to announce that, after using his Austrian charms on the Lounge Angel, she confirmed the rules have now been changed to allow CCR card holders access to CCR pre-flight dining, whichever class they are travelling in. This is a genuine and very welcome enhancement!

You have to be departing on a BA flight to use it, so we weren't able to try it out today, but I will be back in tomorrow and am looking forward to giving it a go. Please see pictures below of the dining are and the current menu...

Concorde Room dining area

Bubbles!! Tattinger NV is server in the CCR

[/url]

The current food menu

[/url]

Wine and spirits

[/url]

Cocktail list

The bar area in the general lounge

A completely unrelated, but cute picture that Frequent_Flyer1 took in the T5 CCR this morning

I remember those 3 glasses of LPGS and Mojitos, its was the start of a great day in the CCR and aboard the A380 to IAD..........................

Thanks to "Filthy Monkey" for his kind hospitality..........................

Looking forward to trying out the IAD CCR in a few weeks time before flying back on BA292...................

Last edited by Deanog1976; Sep 12, 15 at 2:24 am
Old Sep 12, 15, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Deanog1976 View Post
Looking forward to trying out the IAD CCR in a few weeks time before flying back on BA292...................
There's no Concorde Room at IAD. There is, however, a Concorde Dining Room within the main BA lounge. An important distinction
Old Sep 12, 15, 11:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
The new menu came in yesterday. The soup and prawns are yummy!

The Angus burger was small but really good.
Old Sep 12, 15, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Deanog1976 View Post
I remember those 3 glasses of LPGS and Mojitos, its was the start of a great day in the CCR and aboard the A380 to IAD..........................

Thanks to "Filthy Monkey" for his kind hospitality..........................

Ah, that was a fun and messy start to a flight! 😁
Old Nov 7, 15, 9:30 am

Programs: Mucci Silver, BA GFL / GGL, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
Hmmm.. I'm flying out of IAD in 3 weeks and ba.com says:

Lounges

Temporary lounge facilities available
Please contact airport staff for more information.

Is this new or something that just hasn't been updated on ba.com??
Old Nov 7, 15, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling View Post
Hmmm.. I'm flying out of IAD in 3 weeks and ba.com says:

Lounges

Temporary lounge facilities available
Please contact airport staff for more information.

I am almost certain mine said that when I flew out from IAD in July - lounge was open and fine
Old Nov 7, 15, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
This just hasn't been updated post-refurbishment of the lounge. The new BA lounge is alive and well.
Old Nov 7, 15, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Genius1 View Post
This just hasn't been updated post-refurbishment of the lounge. The new BA lounge is alive and well.
Originally Posted by darthlemsip View Post
I am almost certain mine said that when I flew out from IAD in July - lounge was open and fine

Thanks both
Old Nov 7, 15, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR Hilton Diamond
Was in there two weeks ago and thought it was a very nice lounge.
Old Nov 19, 15, 4:53 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, *wood LT Gold
What is the menu like in F on BA's A380 IAD-LHR? Do they still have a full tasting menu and other extensive dinner options given that they have pre-flight dining on offer in the lounge...?
Old Nov 19, 15, 8:07 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA View Post
What is the menu like in F on BA's A380 IAD-LHR? Do they still have a full tasting menu and other extensive dinner options given that they have pre-flight dining on offer in the lounge...?
Yes.
Old Nov 26, 15, 2:36 pm

Yes it is a good menu onboard - I was a little upset that I needed to sleep as much as possible, with a client meeting this morning.

There was the full 5-course tasting menu (with wines), plus a la carte dinner and breakfast options. I think I have the menu hidden away somewhere and will post if I can.

I do think that a menu like this is a little wasted on a short overnight flight though - most of the pax wanted to sleep so missed out on trying the tasting menu purely due to lack of time.

I did like the Concorde dining room very much - the lady on the desk specifically mentioned F and / or CCR card holders as being eligible so that message is clear. The lady serving in the Concorde dining room was so lovely and tried to get me to eat everything on the menu! There is also a separate F bar and seating area just outside of the eating area, with the F spirits options, so it's a little like a mini-CCR!
Old Nov 26, 15, 5:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, A|Club, Tesco CC, Costa Coffee Club
Disappointed

I did like the Concorde dining room very much - the lady on the desk specifically mentioned F and / or CCR card holders as being eligible so that message is clear. The lady serving in the Concorde dining room was so lovely and tried to get me to eat everything on the menu!
Sadly my experience/impressions were different (and coincidently I was in there last night also, at about 7.30 pm - were you there at the same time?!).

Lady on the main lounge desk was perfectly pleasant, but from there, it went downhill. The waitress who appeared about 5 minutes after I sat down offered me water (just water - no general expression such as "Can I get you something to drink, sir?"). So, I asked for an orange juice (and some water as well) which order was taken (I felt) slightly grudgingly. These were then brought to my table at least 5 (possibly 10) minutes later - although to be fair, the orange juice did taste like it was freshly-squeezed out of an orange (rather than freshly-squeezed out of a bottle), so the delay was perhaps not unreasonable.

I ordered the beetroot starter, then salad, no soup, and the cannelloni main course. All were quite palatable and nicely presented. At no point was I offered any bread (I heard guests on another table having to ask for bread to go with their soup) , although the table was laid with a bread plate and butter knife. After my salad arrived, I asked for some bread. This appeared (again, 5 minutes later) in the shape of one, rather dry bread roll, in a small serving dish. No choice of bread, and (I noticed after the waitress had vanished again) no butter anywhere in sight. I decided not to bother, and ate the dry bread roll (since I was actually quite hungry).

I had not been offered any wine, so when my salad arrived I spoke up. I was then asked if I wanted "red or white" (not offered a wine list, or given any recommendations based on my food selection). Slightly bemused, I said "white" and was then asked if the bottle already open (a Sancerre) would be acceptable. By this time, I just wanted to get on with my meal, so I said yes.

I did not order a desert (there was only one listed, which did not appeal) but I asked for some cheese - anticipating I would be brought a selection of cheese and crackers. I should have expected less by now! What arrived was a small china platter with (nicely-presented):
exactly two small, thin slices of identical cheese (cheddar, I think, but I confess I am not a connoisseur);
3 very ordinary small round crackers;
4 tiny slices of apple, in some kind of sticky sauce.

I think I saw 3 waitresses in all, but the one who served me most often (and failed to offer me any bread, or any wine) was distinctly surly. This came to a head when she came to clear the plate after I finished my main course. Because I was sat in a booth with my back to the wall, it was slightly awkward for her to reach across the table to take my plate. I did what I thought was natural and polite, and began lifting my plate to pass it to her. Wrong move - I got a snapped retort, something like "leave that". I did not immediately comprehend, and got another snap along the lines of "it's very heavy". I can't believe there was any genuine elf and safety issue - but the way she spoke to me made me feel like a chastened schoolboy.

On top of all that, I found the whole ambiance of the Concord Room in IAD not to my liking - it was generally quite dark, with harsh 'accent' lighting. If I have the opportunity of dining there again (unlikely, since I don't usually fly in FIRST), I may well decide to forgo the experience, and spend more time eating the snacks in the main lounge instead.
Old Nov 29, 15, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by larryflyer View Post
Sadly my experience/impressions were different (and coincidently I was in there last night also, at about 7.30 pm - were you there at the same time?!).
I think you must have been on the later 777 flight? I left at 6.15pm on the 380.

There were only 2 of us dining in the room when I was in there, and the other guest was a lady - which I suspect larryflyer means you're not?? Or I may of course be wrong!

I only had 2 starters as I wasn't particularly hungry - my wine was always topped up, the lady serving me made sure I got a glass of Eiswein as well and it all worked well for me.

Strangely, I like the decor and the ambience. Just goes to show you truly can't please all of the people all of the time
Old Mar 14, 16, 2:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Just enjoying dinner in the Concorde Dining area at IAD although I don't really think I am entitled?

I arrived into IAD on the 217 and am connecting straight out to CLT on AA. The BA lounge in the B concourse is the oneworld lounge I should be using for AA so I handed my boarding pass and Concorde Room card (in a very non-DYKWIA way) and was offered the Dining area without question. Very pleasant it is too.

I'm guessing this isn't really within the rules though but would be grateful for future reference if anyone knows the proper answer.

Search this Thread