Domestic Lounge Access when connecting CE

Old Jan 25, 2015, 2:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Domestic Lounge Access when connecting CE

My other half was doing a quick tier point run from Edi-lgw-jer return CE and on return Gatwick lounge said no entry.

Quick search on here got the "section 7 manual" copy emailed over and was quickly let in.

Thank goodness for Flyertalk
Old Jan 26, 2015, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by francismc
My other half was doing a quick tier point run from Edi-lgw-jer return CE and on return Gatwick lounge said no entry.

Quick search on here got the "section 7 manual" copy emailed over and was quickly let in.

Thank goodness for Flyertalk
No access (initially) on a J through ticket?!?

Where do they find these people?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 2:46 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by Calchas
No access (initially) on a J through ticket?!?

Where do they find these people?
Ba don't want this issue fixed, they are happy with the policy to not let people in.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond
Well, emailed customer relations (from my partners account) regarding lounge denial and received a truly rubbish response:

"Thank you for contacting us. I would like to apologise for the delay in replying to you. I am sorry we could not allow you to use our lounge at London Gatwick airport on 25 January 2015. I can understand how disappointing this must have been for you. Please accept our sincere apologies for letting you down.

I have checked our records and can see that you flight from London Gatwick to Jersey was on a domestic sector. So you we could not allow you to access our lounge facility at London Gatwick airport. I realise that this must have inconvenienced you and I am sorry.

Many of our policies are based on comments we have previously received from our customers. We know expectations continuously change though, and this is why your feedback is so important to us. We have a manager responsible for our lounge access policy. I have passed your comments to them. They will look at all the feedback we have received and use it to help them improve the policy in future.

Thank you again for contacting us and for giving me the opportunity to respond. I hope that this will not come as too much of a disappointment and that you will continue to fly with British Airways flight in future.

Best regards"
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by francismc
Well, emailed customer relations (from my partners account) regarding lounge denial and received a truly rubbish response:

"Thank you for contacting us. I would like to apologise for the delay in replying to you. I am sorry we could not allow you to use our lounge at London Gatwick airport on 25 January 2015. I can understand how disappointing this must have been for you. Please accept our sincere apologies for letting you down.

I have checked our records and can see that you flight from London Gatwick to Jersey was on a domestic sector. So you we could not allow you to access our lounge facility at London Gatwick airport. I realise that this must have inconvenienced you and I am sorry.

Many of our policies are based on comments we have previously received from our customers. We know expectations continuously change though, and this is why your feedback is so important to us. We have a manager responsible for our lounge access policy. I have passed your comments to them. They will look at all the feedback we have received and use it to help them improve the policy in future.

Thank you again for contacting us and for giving me the opportunity to respond. I hope that this will not come as too much of a disappointment and that you will continue to fly with British Airways flight in future.

Best regards"
What a disgrace

JER is not domestic
Domestic doesn't prevent lounge access

If people in BAEC really think this no wonder there are problems.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:37 pm

:O

P45, please!
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:53 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
This issue hasn't been helped because More BA staff that are not fully informed about the full range of eligible access classes are covering the lounge. It certainly gives the impression that BA don't really want you to use the lounge.
You MUST respond to the Incorrect pathetic response you have received....
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:55 pm

I still dont get this. I would have thought if you have any sort of CE booking reward or otherwise in any bucket it shouldnt make a difference even if different booking numbers.
Is that not the case ?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:40 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think the trip was EDI-LGW-JER-LGW-EDI. The legs between LGW and JER were in CE so no issue accessing the lounge in LGW before LGW-JER, or in JER before JER-LGW. However, I think the issue was trying to access the lounge at LGW before the LGW-EDI flight as they were relying on their inbound bp (from JER-LGW in CE) to provide access before their LGW-EDI flight (in economy). Hopefully I have explained the scenario concerned correctly.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:44 pm

so does it only apply to outbound ?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Perhaps francismc can elucidate on the ticket---not that it matters strictly.

Should we escalate this to Jeni? This needs sorting out, not just in the specific issue but generally for those of us enjoying our health in the regions.

Last edited by Calchas; Jan 27, 2015 at 3:57 pm Reason: Speculation removed; spelling of "Jeni"
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:14 pm

Perhaps francismc can elucidate on the ticket---not that it matters strictly.

Should we escalate this to Jeni? This needs sorting out, not just in the specific issue but generally for those of us enjoying our health in the regions.
Pointless. Official Ba policy is not to fix this, which would be doable with a simple laminated poster.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
I'm always intrigued by this subject, so on Sunday on my way back from Milan on a Club Europe redemption ticket (U) connecting to ABZ, I asked the question just for fun at the South Galleries Lounge.
"You only get access on a U ticket". I am silver so not a big deal this time, but I persisted saying it was stupid that only redemption Club tickets got access, and he looked up his rule book. "Yup, only U class ex Europe and ex any long haul.
Words fail me with all the different answers people get.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JamieABZ
I'm always intrigued by this subject, so on Sunday on my way back from Milan on a Club Europe redemption ticket (U) connecting to ABZ, I asked the question just for fun at the South Galleries Lounge.
"You only get access on a U ticket". I am silver so not a big deal this time, but I persisted saying it was stupid that only redemption Club tickets got access, and he looked up his rule book. "Yup, only U class ex Europe and ex any long haul.
Words fail me with all the different answers people get.
Wait what?

So the book is actually showing incorrect information?

To be fair this will be a niche circumstance as most people coming from Europe on I/R/D/C/J tickets will be connecting to J/Y in UK. Only those on a separate ticket will fall foul of this.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:42 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Wait what?

So the book is actually showing incorrect information?

To be fair this will be a niche circumstance as most people coming from Europe on I/R/D/C/J tickets will be connecting to J/Y in UK. Only those on a separate ticket will fall foul of this.
Should not make any difference to the outcome but domestic add ons to LGW-JER in CE do not book into J class, so no Business UK eligibility. Presentation of an onward or previous same day CE boarding pass should always be accepted without quibble.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.