Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2018, 4:20 am

Programs: BA GGL
Yeah this sounds like a cookie issue.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
I have a slight variant on this:
  • logged in no issues
  • can see full list of bookings
  • when I click on a booking an interstitial loads and I have to re-enter PNR and surname
  • works fine thereafter
Had it for a while (2-3 weeks ?)

More of an annoyance than anything but would be curious to know if anyone has had similar ?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Fitch
I have a slight variant on this:
  • logged in no issues
  • can see full list of bookings
  • when I click on a booking an interstitial loads and I have to re-enter PNR and surname
  • works fine thereafter
Had it for a while (2-3 weeks ?)

More of an annoyance than anything but would be curious to know if anyone has had similar ?
Yup - saw exactly this
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by JAXBA
Had you recently been logged into your own account in the same browser? I also seem to have been noticing issues when going between new and old versions of BA.com, where I might log out of the new, but still be signed in if I bring up a page from the old site.
yes - that’s exactly it. What a joke. I guess never log in on a public computer.

Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: BA, JAL
had the same issue on the iberia site. logged in with my details, and it loaded my partners - no similarities in password/email address (all manually entered).
wonder if they have the same setup. has happened a few times, but never with ba.

Last edited by RollAnotherFatOne; Dec 7, 2018 at 7:12 am
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
It’s not necessarily a BA issue but one for YOUR browser and if YOU have it set to remember passwords.

Old Dec 7, 2018, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Had you recently been logged into your own account in the same browser? I also seem to have been noticing issues when going between new and old versions of BA.com, where I might log out of the new, but still be signed in if I bring up a page from the old site.
I've had exactly this too for at least 6 months - probably more. Not sure if I'm going back and forth between the old and new sites.
I've also more than once almost cancelled the wrong booking, when one booking loads correctly (the one I want to cancel) and the cancellation summary brings up details of the previous PNR!

My browser does not save passwords.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
It's just badly configured varnish (or whatever they use) which doesn't pay attention to the session. Easy fix for someone who knows what they're doing.

Your passwords etc, are safe. What happens is - when you log in with user 1, front end application (javascript running in your browser) makes a number of requests to load data for page widgets, these are cached briefly, so when you navigate between pages, it should load faster on a second time... so when you log out and immediately log in as user 2, when javascript requests the data, it uses cached rather then fresh responses.
armouredant likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 6:30 pm

Was playing around with different destinations for quick winter getaway when suddenly got popup "We don't offer economy class on LGW-RAK service" (unfortunately didn't screenshot so not sure of exact wording). Babybus being rerouted?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Has anyone had problems trying to book an award on BA.com?

For the past few days I have not been able to select a class of service and have been getting an error message...
Old Dec 9, 2018, 5:43 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
For the past few days I have not been able to select a class of service and have been getting an error message...
This sounds like a version of the error of when typing airport codes, but not accepting a suggested destination, you only get economy. Try selecting an expanded city name suggestion?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 5:47 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Thanks for your reply.
No, it's behaving strangely ... first of all it won't accept a city (will just take the code), then the calendar function doesn't work so you have to enter the date, then finally the class of service option is set to economy.
Yes, I have cleared my cache, tried multiple browsers... this is clearly a BA issue
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
...it won't accept a city (will just take the code), then the calendar function doesn't work so you have to enter the date, then finally the class of service option is set to economy.
What airport code are you trying? It should offer a suggestion based on the code entered, so LHR for example, gives a suggestion of London, Heathrow (LHR). If you're not getting any cities suggested, it might not recognise what you're trying to enter, so the rest of the script won't work.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
What airport code are you trying? It should offer a suggestion based on the code entered, so LHR for example, gives a suggestion of London, Heathrow (LHR). If you're not getting any cities suggested, it might not recognise what you're trying to enter, so the rest of the script won't work.
there are a few places which don’t bring up a list or populate with more details - DAD is one that comes to mind although it’s not the only one. For those ones it doesn’t matter and you just leave it as the three letter code and click through and it will search.

As you say all the main places work though and it sounds like the OP has something else going wrong somehow.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Trying to reserve a seat on a Finnair ticket, BA metal. The Finnair website directs me to BA.com as expected, where my booking is recognised but when I click on 'Reserve Seat' for the relevant leg, I get the nonsensical message below - checking the box to agree the terms and pressing 'Reserve Seats' just takes me straight back to the Finnair website... Is there any way to resolve this other than calling?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.