Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
Trying to transfer avios from Iberia and getting this:
Your session has timed out, please log in again
Su sesion ha caducado, por favor, acceda de nuevo
Ihre Sitzung ist abgelaufen, bitte melden Sie sich erneut
Votre session a expire, s'il vous plait vous connecter a nouveau
La sessione e scaduta, si prega di accedere di nuovo

Seems to be error that comes up often when doing internet search, but I don't see any solution to it.
Can you pull them from Avios.com or BA instead?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
My Avios.com account was closed, so can't use it. I tried from Chrome and Firefox browsers and it gives me the same error. I was able to transfer avios in past (last year and to Iberia this year).
---------------------
Old good Internet Explorer worked ;-) Amazing and ridiculous, considering the fact that IE is considered to be outdated browser and not used by many. I only use it for one website.

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Nov 13, 2018 at 1:29 am
Old Nov 15, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Trying to change the password on Mrs bhb account, it's infuriating and doesn't work.

How on earth can something so simple be so difficult?!

Follow all the rules of the new password requirements and it simply gives an error.

BA it strikes again.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Trying to 'book & upgrade' seats (WT+ to CW) on LHR to CPT return for Oct '19. Seats are shown as available and selection turns green, but hitting 'continue' results in this:

Error

• Sorry, there's a problem with our systems. Please try again, and if it still doesn't work, you might want to try again later
Selecting 'book with Avios' instead works fine, but I need tier points.

I've tried different PCs, browsers and cleared the cache.

Any thoughts, anyone?
Old Nov 16, 2018, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Postdoc
Trying to 'book & upgrade' seats (WT+ to CW) on LHR to CPT return for Oct '19. Seats are shown as available and selection turns green, but hitting 'continue' results in this:

Error

• Sorry, there's a problem with our systems. Please try again, and if it still doesn't work, you might want to try again later
Selecting 'book with Avios' instead works fine, but I need tier points.

I've tried different PCs, browsers and cleared the cache.

Any thoughts, anyone?
Not ideal but probably best to just book WT+ and then call to process the UuA.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
When clicking on MMB from BAEC page, I still need to insert PNR and last name even though the booking is listed and I am logged in.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Edit: Disregard. One of my extensions, Privacy Badger, was the culprit. For some reason it decided to block the amex domain, even though it's never done so before.

Having a lot of issues trying to purchase new tickets on ba.com today. After going through the booking process (a multi-city), and entering my card details, in the next screen which normally has a frame for Amex security validation, nothing shows up in the frame, and I can't proceed. I only have the option of going back to try a different card (which I don't want to do because of points). Tried a few times, same result.

Trying in an incognito window, I can't get past the flight selection screen in the multi-city booking page because the 'continue' button isn't clickable. My cursor turns into the hand suggesting I can click it, but nothing ever happens. Tried this a few times as well.

Last edited by Pocalypse; Nov 23, 2018 at 7:51 pm
Old Nov 24, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, Avios U.K. IHG diamond, Hilton Diamomd
Car hire link

Treed booking car only from main site and get error after entering search details being submitted. Repeated on other browsers.

the alternative https://www.carhire-ba.com. Works fine
Old Nov 24, 2018, 8:11 am

BA.com award ticket fee variability for same bookings?

I don't often book BA awards but a recent Amex 40% transfer bonus changed that. So now when I go to look at award tickets, I am getting variable fees for the bookings I'm interested in. For example, I'm trying to book a 1 way biz class CDG-ORD ticket and when I pick certain dates I get a fee quote of $380. I'll come back later, next day, etc and the fee jumps into the $500 range. This is for the same exact flights on the same dates. I also notice when I look to book a First class ticket, the same ticket on the same date can have different fees each time I search. And finally, sometimes I'll be quoted $500 for a ticket, then when I clicked 'continue' the next screen shows I only need to pay $380. Sometimes the first screen says $380, and then when I continue it pops up to $500. Is there a pattern for me to be aware of for booking a ticket with an optimal fee structure or is it some kind of bug on the BA side? Also, If I break up the flight with a layover in LHR, does that automatically increase the award fee? With the unpredictabilty of the BA site, I can't quite figure that out either! Thanks much!
Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LufthansaFlyer
I don't often book BA awards but a recent Amex 40% transfer bonus changed that. So now when I go to look at award tickets, I am getting variable fees for the bookings I'm interested in. For example, I'm trying to book a 1 way biz class CDG-ORD ticket and when I pick certain dates I get a fee quote of $380. I'll come back later, next day, etc and the fee jumps into the $500 range. This is for the same exact flights on the same dates. I also notice when I look to book a First class ticket, the same ticket on the same date can have different fees each time I search. And finally, sometimes I'll be quoted $500 for a ticket, then when I clicked 'continue' the next screen shows I only need to pay $380. Sometimes the first screen says $380, and then when I continue it pops up to $500. Is there a pattern for me to be aware of for booking a ticket with an optimal fee structure or is it some kind of bug on the BA side? Also, If I break up the flight with a layover in LHR, does that automatically increase the award fee? With the unpredictabilty of the BA site, I can't quite figure that out either! Thanks much!
the actual flight quote screen should be correct - the first flight selection page can be erroneous in the estimated figure for taxes/fees/charges. also you can always cross check the figure by pricing up a one way revenue all BA CDG-LHR-ORD J ticket and seeing what TFC is quoted there - it should be the same for a reward and revenue booking.

EDIT: just to add if you stopover in London (>24hrs) you will also have to pay APD which will add a further ~Ł160 onto the TFC).

for CDG-LHR-ORD not stopping over in the UK the TFC should be:

Passenger Service Charge (International) - France €12.74
Solidarity Tax For France And French Overseas €45.07
Passenger Service Charge - United Kingdom €26.59
Customs User Fee - USA €5.06
Transportation Tax(Arrival) - USA €16.05
Animal & Plant Health User Fee (Aphis) - USA €3.48
Immigration User Fee - USA €6.14
Carrier imposed charge €178.00
Carrier imposed charge €8.14
Carrier imposed charge €12.40
-------------------------------------------------
Total charges €313.67 = ~US$355

F TFC is the same for this route as J TFC.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
the actual flight quote screen should be correct - the first flight selection page can be erroneous in the estimated figure for taxes/fees/charges. also you can always cross check the figure by pricing up a one way revenue all BA CDG-LHR-ORD J ticket and seeing what TFC is quoted there - it should be the same for a reward and revenue booking.

EDIT: just to add if you stopover in London (>24hrs) you will also have to pay APD which will add a further ~Ł160 onto the TFC).

for CDG-LHR-ORD not stopping over in the UK the TFC should be:

Passenger Service Charge (International) - France €12.74
Solidarity Tax For France And French Overseas €45.07
Passenger Service Charge - United Kingdom €26.59
Customs User Fee - USA €5.06
Transportation Tax(Arrival) - USA €16.05
Animal & Plant Health User Fee (Aphis) - USA €3.48
Immigration User Fee - USA €6.14
Carrier imposed charge €178.00
Carrier imposed charge €8.14
Carrier imposed charge €12.40
-------------------------------------------------
Total charges €313.67 = ~US$355

F TFC is the same for this route as J TFC.
Thanks for this. I think where I'm seeing the price difference is the >24 hours in LHR and your explanation solves that. This clarifies it!
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:43 am

I'm getting the "Sorry there is a problem with booking this journey online. Try selecting other flights" error for Royal Jordanian flights now. Hope it gets resolved soon....anybody have experience on if I have to call in, will the call center fee be waived
Old Nov 29, 2018, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by standbyalldtime
I'm getting the "Sorry there is a problem with booking this journey online. Try selecting other flights" error for Royal Jordanian flights now. Hope it gets resolved soon....anybody have experience on if I have to call in, will the call center fee be waived
If you're unable to book online then yes they should waive it.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Weird website experience

My wife logged in and found she couldn't see any of her bookings - but she could see all of mine. Bit weird given she's not a nominee for my account and we're not in the same household account.

Should I be reporting this to BA? Doesn't really feel like tip top security...
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:43 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Had you recently been logged into your own account in the same browser? I also seem to have been noticing issues when going between new and old versions of BA.com, where I might log out of the new, but still be signed in if I bring up a page from the old site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.