Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
Much better than last week, i'm finding "There was a problem with your request, please try again later" only comes up about 50% of the time. A refresh and the results are often returned.

My techie mind is thinking perhaps it's trying to ask AA what options they have, AA isn't always responding promptly so it times out and throws an error, whereas last week it did return but with no availability / only BA flight options. It does seem to mostly affect routes with AA options for me.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 1:28 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I am having no luck at all on reward searches or bookings. LON-NYC or LON-AMS, really infuriating Twitter team said it was being worked on some time ago, I messaged ba.com Official here yesterday still nothing.
Not good enough IMO
Old Jun 22, 2018, 7:38 am

Search is technically working at the moment, but it looks like zero CX/Dragon Avios flights are being shown based on many different dates/routes.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
As noted above, the system has been poor for most routes over the past 2 weeks. Today, it has now gone to completely unavailable, for me at least. Further, the Executive Club contact centre phone lines immediately disconnect due to high call volume. So, at the moment, it is impossible to make an Avios booking, unless there's an alternative I'm unaware of.

Is there a good site to check QR availability with Avios? AA does not and QR seems to require points sufficient for booking before allowing the search.
SoggyDollar likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Lefly
From very early morning the page "Our cheapest business class fares" is missing from the new website interface. Internal link & old direct URL both returns:

Oh, and from a couple of days it's impossible to delete previous searches from "My Executive Club" page.

PS
I was very sorry when they definitively rolled out the new interface version to european pages. Is messy, ugly and with a lot of issues.
Were you able to find a suitable alternative for the missing business class fares page(s)? I had shortcuts by country code and they are all useless now. This functionality seems to be completely gone ?
Old Jun 23, 2018, 1:33 am

I’m about to take the return leg of a flight tomorrow. I’ve checked in online but my partner is unable to do so. MMB is requesting APIS information. This is all up-to-date in her profile. We had the same issue at Heathrow and had to visit a check-in agent to get her boarding pass issued.

Its now happening again. All the information is there. We even cleared the APIS fields and re-entered / updated it but still unable to check-in. We’ve tried on the App. We’ve tried Chrome and Safari but still no luck.

Palmer
Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
I'm venting here but over the last few weeks looking for reward availability on ba.com has been a tortuous exercise even for the most straightforward of itineraries. 1 problem after another and today I just get the "Sorry, there's been a problem...''' message over and over again.

Is there a worse consumer site anywhere? I can't think of 1 that even comes close.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 3:47 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Reporting back:

The issue with searching for 2-4-1 voucher flights has now been fixed. Approx 3 weeks that took but at least it has now been resolved, no cigars for anyone mind.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Blueboys999
I'm venting here but over the last few weeks looking for reward availability on ba.com has been a tortuous exercise even for the most straightforward of itineraries. 1 problem after another and today I just get the "Sorry, there's been a problem...''' message over and over again.

Is there a worse consumer site anywhere? I can't think of 1 that even comes close.
oh boy for three weeks I've tried to search for partner award flights, the site would fail all the time. horrible. useless. why have Avios points.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
"Safari and Fireox aren't suitable for our website sir"

I ended up contacting BA after innumerable problems over the last days and weeks just to see if I could at least eliminate some of the issues. When I was asked which browsers I was using I received the above quite astonishing response and was advised only to use Chrome or IE. Incompetence? Dishonesty? Probably sizeable doses of both.

(Incidentally, I did subsequently try both Chrome and IE elsewhere and experienced the same problems.)

Last edited by Blueboys999; Jun 25, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:42 pm

I've been trying to quote AA reward flights on ba.com for a couple of days now. No matter what destinations I put there I'm always getting the infamous message "There was a problem with your request, please try again later."

Anyone else also having problems with AA/US flights?

For the BA reps here - when will this issue going to be fixed?

p.s. Iberia.com does find availability on my AA routes if I try it there... might go with Iberia, however the Avios spent on my route at BA.com would (I think) be less... hopefully this bug will be fixed soon...
Old Jun 27, 2018, 3:44 pm

And yes - tried on IE, Chrome anf Firefox.... same results - nothing works for AA/US routes.

Originally Posted by maposo
I've been trying to quote AA reward flights on ba.com for a couple of days now. No matter what destinations I put there I'm always getting the infamous message "There was a problem with your request, please try again later."

p.s. Iberia.com does find availability on my AA routes if I try it there... might go with Iberia, however the Avios spent on my route at BA.com would (I think) be less... hopefully this bug will be fixed soon...
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:52 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
From very early morning the page "Our cheapest business class fares" is missing from the new website interface. Internal link & old direct URL both returns (404 error)
Oh, and from a couple of days it's impossible to delete previous searches from "My Executive Club" page.
One week and counting...

Annoying as I used that page to see how prices were going and find nice deals.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by maposo

I pm’d ba.com Official last week - no response whatsoever- I’ve even downloaded the new BAEC rewards app which is not working either.
There was a banner message some time ago about AA flights but that has disappeared even though the problem hasn’t
Old Jun 28, 2018, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
You probably know this, but there is a quick workaround if you want to delete all of your previous searches: Click the link to disable the showing of previous searches and confirm that. Then click the link to re-enable it. It's annoying if you want to delete some but not all of the saved searches, but actually very fast for deleting all of them at once.
Lefly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.