Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by CALlegacy
Thank you for confirming that. I was assuming Expert Flyer should be reliable.
IME, it is.

And on this occasion (assuming that you mean SYD-AKL on 2/10/18), I've checked that the QF website agrees with EF on availability, at least up to a search for 4 seats.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Gold
duplicate

#s3gt_translate_tooltip_mini { display: none !important; }

Last edited by mrandery; Apr 30, 2018 at 5:27 am Reason: duplicate
Old Apr 30, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Any workarounds for reporting missing avios? I have the "page not found" problem, irritatingly just after entering the ticket number. You do expect the odd website glitch here and there, but something as serious as this not being fixed or acknowledged for three weeks is absolutely disgraceful.
Still not working, as of now.

Tried a couple of different browsers, cleared cookes, logged in again.....

Interestingly, the format/font of the "page not found" page is in the design of the old BA website.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Any workarounds for reporting missing avios? I have the "page not found" problem, irritatingly just after entering the ticket number. You do expect the odd website glitch here and there, but something as serious as this not being fixed or acknowledged for three weeks is absolutely disgraceful.
What about contacting @BAMissingAvios ?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by alpenlupe
Having spent 10 days attempting to update my address details online I decided to call them today. The agent said she didn't have authorisation to update personal details, I had to do it online. I pointed out I was calling because I couldn't update my details online due to a bug, what was I to do? She then said she was aware of the bug & it would be fixed within 24 hours. Something not right with this organisation.
I have this problem too so still not fixed.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by lcylocal
I have this problem too so still not fixed.
Yup, it's still not working today. So the agent lied & BA doesn't seem concerned about these bugs. What does this say about the company?
Old May 1, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Latest website problem - put a flight on hold for a 5 fee yesterday, came back to day and unable to complete via any method online, Now on hold while they try to sort it out on the gold line.

This is truly getting ridiculous. And they don't seem to be doing anything for a site that's been barely functional for weeks.
alpenlupe likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 4:47 pm

Manage My Account >> Update Personal Information is not working?? Each time after entering my birthdate, I get the "Page not found" response!!

In our last trip as a family in April, we discovered there seems to have been a data refresh done by BA in recent months, where all our current passport details (which I had personally updated around December last year for everyone in the family when we all got new passports) had been OVERWRITTEN with details from our PREVIOUS passports.
Old May 1, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, AA 4MM Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
When will they fix the inability to do OLCI for tickets with a large number of segments. My wife and I do 4/6 RTWs each year with 16 segments on tickets issued on BA stock; we can NEVER check in online. It DISPLAYS the itinerary completely on MMB, but, when trying to check in, the website says there are "too many segments to DISPLAY. Check in at the airport". Infuriating!
Old May 1, 2018, 10:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Latest website problem - put a flight on hold for a 5 fee yesterday, came back to day and unable to complete via any method online, Now on hold while they try to sort it out on the gold line.

This is truly getting ridiculous. And they don't seem to be doing anything for a site that's been barely functional for weeks.
I put three flights on hold last week and was unable to complete any of them online. It took half an hour to complete them on the Gold line, and all of them came out a few pence cheaper than the price I had supposedly guaranteed. I have been refunded two of the hold fees but not the third.
Old May 2, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
For the past week I have been unable to view all my future bookings. I see the three upcoming bookings in the list but when I choose View All Current Bookings I get an error message. “The requested page cannot be found”.

i have about a dozen future bookings. I remember a similar issue a few years ago affecting many of us.
Old May 2, 2018, 1:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
For the past week I have been unable to view all my future bookings. I see the three upcoming bookings in the list but when I choose View All Current Bookings I get an error message. The requested page cannot be found.

i have about a dozen future bookings. I remember a similar issue a few years ago affecting many of us.
It's been reported a few times on this thread. Sadly it's been like this for several weeks. It only affects some people, including me. The workaround (mentioned in this thread) is to go to MMB and then click on the link to view your other bookings from there.

oxtailsoup likes this.

Last edited by ringingup; May 9, 2018 at 6:45 am
Old May 2, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Each time after entering my birthdate, I get the "Page not found" response!!
And why, when trying to enter your birthday, however you try, after entering the first field you get a warning to say 'Please ensure you have properly completed all fields'. How do you fill in your birthday without being told off?

Old May 2, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by lincolnite
And why, when trying to enter your birthday, however you try, after entering the first field you get a warning to say 'Please ensure you have properly completed all fields'. How do you fill in your birthday without being told off?

That's just lazy programming, an indication of the poor standard of BA systems. At least it's not a bug affecting functionality. You have that delight to come after you've properly completed all fields.
Old May 2, 2018, 5:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, then a handful of points on everything else.
Do you think this will work as a boarding pass? :-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.