Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by alexwuk
Trying to update "My Personal Information" in "Manage My Account", the website sends me to this URL:

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...b&sec=managacc

that asks me to confirm my Date of Birth. Once I enter that date, the URL gets forwarded to:

https://www.britishairways.com/trave..._gb?eId=106009

Which then gives me a "The page you requested cannot be found." error.

Sop how can I update my details online?
You can't, this was reported on Apr 16 by @Sean54 (post #2988 on this thread). So it's been at least 10 days without a fix. Appalling.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador BA Executive Club Silver, HHonors Gold
I happen to know that my "your profile" was 100% complete, but after a fruitless call to a useless agent on the BA silver helpline about my missing 2000 avios Christmas bonus, I logged in and noted that it was only 90% complete. It had forgotten my phone number, so I sorted it back up to 100%.

I had to call last week about a flight change and spoke to BA holidays. The 90% thing happened again. Tried to sort it but after entering my date of birth I just get the "This page cannot be found" page.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 1:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Any workarounds for reporting missing avios? I have the "page not found" problem, irritatingly just after entering the ticket number. You do expect the odd website glitch here and there, but something as serious as this not being fixed or acknowledged for three weeks is absolutely disgraceful.
alpenlupe likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 2:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Any workarounds for reporting missing avios? I have the "page not found" problem, irritatingly just after entering the ticket number. You do expect the odd website glitch here and there, but something as serious as this not being fixed or acknowledged for three weeks is absolutely disgraceful.
I had an issue with missing avios last month but admittedly I never even went in to look at the form. If it's there and not working for you for some reason then you can of course just raise a complaint form which will create a case number and it will be actioned albeit general complaints have a roughly 3 week wait time from what I hear. Twitter is also another route which usually rectifies such things.

Anyhow, I just called the Gold line on a mid afternoon which seems to be generally very quick and quieter. All done and dusted in about 8 minutes. I logged out of my BA account and the missing Avios were there. Personally this is the route I would always take, speaking to a human and the Gold line are generally quite good.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP.
i have been trying to book some flights since last night i keep getting the same msg. Originally found flights on google but I also tried going direct as well.

Sorry

Sorry, there seems to be a technical problem. Please try again in a few minutes, and please contact us if it still doesn't work.

We apologise for the inconvenienc
Old Apr 28, 2018, 3:26 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
BA Avios e-store page asking me to log in despite showing me logged in at the top of the page. When I do log in (again) it takes me back to the home page, and when I eventually get to the e-store landing page it invites me to join the BAEC!
Old Apr 28, 2018, 2:45 pm

Problem booking this journey online . . .

Sorry if this had been addressed, but, for example looking at SYD-AKL using BA Avios to book on Qantas in J, why for example 10/2/18 does award availabilty show but the process will not proceed online. It does if the class is Y and it even does for the same day AKL-SYD in J. Expert flyer shows seats available in U.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:39 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I’m finding that many IB flights are not showing up when searching BA for awards. I know the award seats are there because I called AA and booked one flight with them. Anyone else noticing this? It’s for intra EU flights. I guess i may just call tomorrow, but I really wanted to use avios + cash, can i do that when calling in to book?
Old Apr 29, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
I've noticed that the BA site is not showing AA availability properly. I believe it's been previously reported but sometimes the availability shows, sometime it doesn't and you have to search for the same criteria again until the results come back. Maybe IB is affected too? Having said that, LATAM seems to be showing up fine for me
Old Apr 29, 2018, 4:41 am

Programs: BAEC
Having spent 10 days attempting to update my address details online I decided to call them today. The agent said she didn't have authorisation to update personal details, I had to do it online. I pointed out I was calling because I couldn't update my details online due to a bug, what was I to do? She then said she was aware of the bug & it would be fixed within 24 hours. Something not right with this organisation.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 6:23 am

Avios redemptions

Tried booking flights -355 at midnight last night via the app and came up with some sort of error message saying not available. Was trying for Nassau so tried Paris or Amsterdam and no availability there either.

Tried again a short while ago and they were luckily available for Nassau.

Anyone know why the flights were unable to book at midnight as is usually the case?

Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BrotherBears
Tried booking flights -355 at midnight last night via the app and came up with some sort of error message saying not available. Was trying for Nassau so tried Paris or Amsterdam and no availability there either.

Tried again a short while ago and they were luckily available for Nassau.

Anyone know why the flights were unable to book at midnight as is usually the case?
Aren’t seats opened at 1 AM when we’re in BST? In other words it’s always at midnight UTC.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ringingup
Originally Posted by BrotherBears
Aren’t seats opened at 1 AM when we’re in BST? In other words it’s always at midnight UTC.
That's exactly as I understand it. Midnight UK time is at present one hour too early.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by CALlegacy
Sorry if this had been addressed, but, for example looking at SYD-AKL using BA Avios to book on Qantas in J, why for example 10/2/18 does award availabilty show but the process will not proceed online. It does if the class is Y and it even does for the same day AKL-SYD in J. Expert flyer shows seats available in U.
This looks like a glitch. I can see the same J-only problem for SYD-WLG (but not WLG-SYD). So the solution will be to phone to book.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 2:41 pm

Thank you for confirming that. I was assuming Expert Flyer should be reliable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.