Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:14 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kats
I cannot log into my account with message below. Anybody else have the same problem?
Yes. And you know what's even more stupid? Their own website feedback form only allows 360 characters, which is too few to paste the whole of that message, so the part titled "the following additional information will also be of use to us" won't fit!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Virgin Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH diamond, IHG Platinum
BA's IT is driving me mad! iPad won't update since June. Can't look at any further bookings other than the few shown plus for about a week and now can't log in on PC or app.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:25 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kremmen
Yes. And you know what's even more stupid? Their own website feedback form only allows 360 characters, which is too few to paste the whole of that message, so the part titled "the following additional information will also be of use to us" won't fit!
Is BA's website truly the worst around at the moment for bugs and just downright sloppy testing. Some problems I have (some for months and months now)

1. "Remember me" for logging in does not work and every single time I have to enter in my Exec Club #
2. Even when logged in, sometimes I cannot get to MMB as it asks me for the PNR for the flight. But I cannot get to the PNR without going into MMB, so have to log out and back in again.
3. Every time my partner flies (she is on HHA and has her own Exec #') it asks her for all her passport information. But not for mine - it stores mine but not hers and every single time we make a booking it asks for it all to be entered again.
4. When making a booking, the site seems to switch between an old and new booking format. Sometimes it just shows the pricing for the specific out and return days I enter (seems to be the new format) and sometimes it shows the older format of 2-3 days either side of the core date I entered. The latter is much preferred - it seems totally random which I get each time.

ba.com is really a shambles!
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
I had the same issue with the web site. Also I couldn't book anything on my mobile app either. I called BA and they are aware of this issue and they told me I'm not the only one. The agent said that different people have issues at different stages. She booked the flight over the phone and waved the telephone booking fee so all good for me.
I agree it's one of the worst website I have seen. The old one is more functional.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:01 am

PNR extract showing as plain text on MMB screen?

When I look at a booking on the MMB screen, I see a block of text under the page header, which seems to contain additional info about my booking. Indeed, if I look at the page source, this content is loaded into a div titled "mmb-additional-content".
Screen shot below.
I'm assuming this is not really meant to be shown to me, as there's a fair amount of info here which is useless out of context.
Being somewhat nerdy, I would actually like to know what some of this detail indicates - not least of all because I'd like to be able to actually find my fare details with information on change fees, etc - which doesn't seem immediately obvious elsewhere without phoning BA!
Additionally - MMB always seems to say "checkin in progress" even although we've checked in and have downloaded mobile boarding passes.
Any ideas?

Old Apr 19, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: Hyatt: Plat, HH: Dia, Spg: Au, VS: Red, Accor: Plat, BAEC: Ag, Nordic Choice: Au
Unhappy Wrong name in booking, corrected and has now reverted

I booked LHR->DUB flights for my daughter and her partner back in January, and despite populating the ticketing information from the (correct) Friends & Family details the ticket was issued with my daughter's partner's surname the same as hers, NOT what it should be. I contacted CS and they corrected it, and it showed up everywhere including tripit with the correct details after that.

However somewhere between then and now the name correction has been reverted. I called again today and was told it could not be changed FoC because it was more than 24 hours after the booking was made. I argued that I'd had it corrected within that time and it was the system at fault, since something (not on my side) has changed it back. I was told I would be called back, but they have not done so, 8 hours later. I have only a few days to get this fixed, hence this post.

Has anyone else experienced these phantom correction reversals or got any advice to get this resolved without rebooking the flight?

TiA
Old Apr 20, 2018, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Sean54
Unable to go to my profile page. After entering DOB, "The page you requested cannot be found."
I am having this problem as well. Tried a few browsers and none of them resolve the issue.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 1:15 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Sean54
Unable to go to my profile page. After entering DOB, "The page you requested cannot be found."
I'm also getting this error. Want to change address details to setup HHA but can't get past DOB verification. This is appalling.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 2:12 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Can't access "View all your flights" from BA.com.

It's also defaulting to the old BA welcome page...
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Honors Diamond,Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Sealink

Same issue for weeks now. Cannot view 'View all your flights" or 'all future bookings' either from the landing page, nor from the Exec club page. Very irritating as constantly looking up flight references. Have tried Chrome, Firefox and Safari - same issue on all. Also the same issue for husband's account. A fix would be great!

Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Sealink

Originally Posted by thegamebird
Same issue for weeks now. Cannot view 'View all your flights" or 'all future bookings' either from the landing page, nor from the Exec club page. Very irritating as constantly looking up flight references. Have tried Chrome, Firefox and Safari - same issue on all. Also the same issue for husband's account. A fix would be great!
You might have missed my little workaround posted above, try this: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29635387-post2978.html

Not ideal, but at least it gets you to your bookings without too much effort pending the resolution of the problem.
Old Apr 21, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Honors Diamond,Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
You might have missed my little workaround posted above, try this: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29635387-post2978.html

Not ideal, but at least it gets you to your bookings without too much effort pending the resolution of the problem.
Brilliant - thanks so much. :-)
Old Apr 23, 2018, 2:50 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I'm getting the "can't see all bookings issue" as well.

Anyone else also getting the iOS App keeping asking again and again whether you want to download your boarding pass? Even if you say yes, it keeps asking you which stops you adding to wallet. Very annoying!
Old Apr 23, 2018, 3:35 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Tried to add car rental to my booking and received this message:

Your booking has been confirmed but it has not been possible to display your booking reference, please call 0344 493 0762

I wonder if it's because the Avis website shows their desk closes 5 minutes before the one flight a day from Gatwick arrives? (Which is madness if you ask me).
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:56 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Trying to update "My Personal Information" in "Manage My Account", the website sends me to this URL:

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...b&sec=managacc

that asks me to confirm my Date of Birth. Once I enter that date, the URL gets forwarded to:

https://www.britishairways.com/trave..._gb?eId=106009

Which then gives me a "The page you requested cannot be found." error.

Sop how can I update my details online?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.