Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
The other part of "bookings" that doesn't work is "add your booking". "The page you requested cannot be found". (Using firefox)
Old Apr 16, 2018, 12:27 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
I've stopped receiving emails saying it's time to fly even though my email is on the booking, and today I was shifted from 2F to 1A on tomorrow's BA766 to Oslo from LHR. I am usually allocated row 1 but always change it to row 2 where available. It was available when I booked it but am now further down the plane. Also it won't accept any mobile numbers. I have to tell the system I don't have one and put a landline number in to be able to check in. This has happened on the last 3 bookings...
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:17 pm

Unable to go to my profile page. After entering DOB, "The page you requested cannot be found."
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I really don’t understand how they could have released a version of the website with so many issues on such basic aspects of functionality.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by ringingup
I really don’t understand how they could have released a version of the website with so many issues on such basic aspects of functionality.
The intern has clearly moved on from working in the fares team to the web development team. The change certainly isn't to our benefit
florens likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 6:07 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I've been unable to pull up my booking in MMB since this weekend, both on web and mobile. On both platforms, it hangs on the interstitial with a lovely rotating icon telling me it is loading. Not awfully urgent but I did want to move some seats around after consulting with the other half. AA reward booking done on AA.com some months ago that worked perfectly in MMB until this weekend.

On web: both Chrome and Safari on two different computers. On mobile: Safari on iOS 11.3.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: BA, AA, LH, AV, VS
Originally Posted by roknroll
I'm seeing no AA domestica availabilty as well. I just called and the rep said that they currently are unable to see AA award availability too. There's a problem with the communication between the two systems, and I wasn't even able to book it over the phone. She said to try to call back tomorrow and check, or possibly check online. She seemed to think that as soon as the issue is resolved it would show up online as well. But the fact that they can't even do it over the phone isn't good.
I ran into this problem a few days ago trying to add a US domestic AA flight to a BA first class booking to PHL. In addition, I had three other flights to book on AA with Avios. YouFirst was completely useless and she was totally unaware of the problem even trying to explain to me quite condescendingly that partner awards are very difficult to get because AA favours it's own members! I told her with all due respect she didn't know what she was talking about and hung up. Not satisfied, I called the BA Silver line and got this amazing guy who not only knew about the problem, had figured out a way to get around it. He found a seat PHL to YOW to add to my F LHR-PHL plus he managed to book three other flights on AA for me as well, 2 stand alone and another add-on to an F award ticket. None of these flights were showing up on ba.com but were all showing available on aa.com. So if the problem is still ongoing, it's worth calling again until you find someone who can help. He did give me a quick explanation and from what I could understand, he first brings up revenue seats and then tricks the system by switching the fare class to award class. If there is an award seat available, it will show up and he can book it. At least, this is the way I understood it in my sheer excitement at having found someone who'd cracked it.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 10:30 pm

Programs: BA, AA, LH, AV, VS
Re: Not being able to view all bookings - Brilliant @Tobias-UK, this has been driving me nuts for the last week or so. I called them three times about it, the girl I spoke to today advised that I should turn my computer off and on again! Needless to say, I wanted to smash the phone on her.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ringingup
I called them today to report it. The agent said that they are aware and are working on a fix.

She also said that it's been happening for the last couple of days... It's been a week already!
I found that if you type in a booking reference in MMB and then click My other bookings, you will see a list of all your bookings.

Might work while BA deal with the main issue.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:37 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Is there a problem with the "Claim EU Compensation" function ?

I've tried with several different browsers and it just stops when you click Continue after answering 'No' to 'Rebooked or alternative flights'.

Could someone try this with their own account and see if they get the same ?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Is there a problem with the "Claim EU Compensation" function ?

I've tried with several different browsers and it just stops when you click Continue after answering 'No' to 'Rebooked or alternative flights'.

Could someone try this with their own account and see if they get the same ?
Works ok for me. Takes me to the "Who are you raising this issue for?" page.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by golfmad
Works ok for me. Takes me to the "Who are you raising this issue for?" page.
Thanks. I managed to bypass the hang by starting again and not selecting the booking from the list on the BAEC account. Not sure whether the problem is having 'a' PNR or 'this' PNR' on the complaint ticket.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Sean54
Unable to go to my profile page. After entering DOB, "The page you requested cannot be found."
Same problem.
Spoke to someone at BAEC who was sympathetic and polite but unable to resolve the issue. It was passed on to the technical team, who very kindly forwarded a 'password reset' email to me. I duly changed my password, but predictably this made no difference. Looking through this thread, it's not just when attempting to update personal information that this problem occurs (others have the same issue when accessing their bookings for example).
The only constructive thing I can do here is to add to the numbers of people having the same issue in the hope that someone at the BA website will respond.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
I cannot log into my account with message below. Anybody else have the same problem?

Sorry we can't show you this page at the moment.
Please try the following actions:
Restart your browser and try again
Try using a different browser
If these steps fail to resolve the problem, please contact us, quoting the following information:
Our reference: S000678********
Your IP address: 103.1********
Time: 07:50:10 GMT, 19 Apr
If you are able to provide a screen shot of this page, the following additional information will also be of use to us:
113A06C********
G2RLhYKVts4nzyWPmq2GhkcbzzJM********
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by kats
I cannot log into my account with message below. Anybody else have the same problem?

Sorry we can't show you this page at the moment.
Please try the following actions:
Restart your browser and try again
Try using a different browser
If these steps fail to resolve the problem, please contact us, quoting the following information:
Our reference: S000678********
Your IP address: 103.1********
Time: 07:50:10 GMT, 19 Apr
If you are able to provide a screen shot of this page, the following additional information will also be of use to us:
113A06C********
G2RLhYKVts4nzyWPmq2GhkcbzzJM********
It's not just logging into accounts that seems to be the problem - the site isn't even allowing flight searches when you're not logged in...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.