Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Don't want to raise hopes too much, but I am now able to log in again and everything seems normal
Old Mar 12, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Experiencing a really weird one - tying to search a one way RFS from EDI-LON this weekend. Everything OK if I select 16/3 or 18/3 but if I select 17/3 I consistently get an error.

baredemptionfinder and avios.com both show plenty of availability, and BA doesn't say there is no availability, just that "There was a problem with your request, please try again later."
Old Mar 14, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Experiencing a really weird one - tying to search a one way RFS from EDI-LON this weekend. Everything OK if I select 16/3 or 18/3 but if I select 17/3 I consistently get an error.

baredemptionfinder and avios.com both show plenty of availability, and BA doesn't say there is no availability, just that "There was a problem with your request, please try again later."
i just tried it and get the same error message. maybe it's a special bug to celebrate St Patrick's Day ?!
Old Mar 14, 2018, 7:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
I’m slightly surprised there’s any availability over a 6 Nations weekend, never mind the actual Saturday.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 6:32 pm
Suspended

I tried to book 3 adults and 1 young adult. I'm unable to finish the award booking. It's working fine if I change them into 4 adults or 3 adults with 1 child, however I can't book them that way since his birthday is indeed under young adult.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw

it seems to be EDI-LGW that's causing the problem. if you search for EDI-LHR or EDI-LCY you don't get the error message.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:34 am

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Keep getting this when I try to access MMB (I'm currently in Oz) from my BA Exec page

ERROR!
  • We're sorry, but ba.com is very busy at the moment, and couldn't deal with your request. Please do try again - if it still doesn't work, it may be better to try again at another time.

been approx 12 hrs now
sdemw likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Telecasterman
Keep getting this when I try to access MMB (I'm currently in Oz) from my BA Exec page

ERROR!
  • We're sorry, but ba.com is very busy at the moment, and couldn't deal with your request. Please do try again - if it still doesn't work, it may be better to try again at another time.

been approx 12 hrs now
I am getting exactly the same error (currently in Madrid)
sdemw likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: BA exec, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Starship73
I am getting exactly the same error (currently in Madrid)

tweeted them after I posted and have to report its just worked (id guess approx 30 mins )^

obviously no idea if the tweet and fix are correlated but happy im in now to sort my next business trip whilst away from home.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Boten
I have just tried to make a partner claim for a Japan Airlines flight. However, Japan Airlines is not listed in the drop down menu.
This still hasn't been fixed. Sadly all my JL flights these days require claims which involves scanning boarding passes when going the 'other airline' route. Do BA still monitor this thread? I would have thought this would be a very easy fix.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Boten
This still hasn't been fixed. Sadly all my JL flights these days require claims which involves scanning boarding passes when going the 'other airline' route. Do BA still monitor this thread? I would have thought this would be a very easy fix.
When I logged a claim recently for RJ (which is also the 'other airline' route), I actually just gave the details while I was on the BA Gold phone line and they logged it and then my points ended up posting no issues. No boarding passes were sent in.

Last edited by flashware; Mar 23, 2018 at 7:36 am
Old Mar 23, 2018, 9:43 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Perfect for Split Personalities

Maybe others have seen this before. It was new to me.

While booking a flight LHR-JFK, after selecting my flights, a new screen appeared. It asked me to choose which traveler was flying. It offered four choices, each with a "radio button". Each choice had MY name. In other words, which of my four alter egos was flying on the trip?

I naively selected the first one, figuring it was the "original" and the other three had to be copies. Given the choice, you'd always choose the original, right?

Wrong! The first of four "Me's" corresponded to the bloke who first set up the BA account many years ago. That "erstwhile me" credits his miles to BA, while"nowadays me" likes to credit to AA where I'm Emerald. I tried to change the FF number, but the website did not allow it. So I decided to phone in.

Big mistake! They demanded to know all the details: phone number, address, email, etc, of the "passenger", who in actuality was "ME, back when I first set up the account". I asked for hints, such as "can you at least tell me what city or state or YEAR it was?". No Can Do ... you must fully identify all parameters before they can help you. So, after having five different unique identifiers extracted from me for "security" reasons ... from 20 years ago ... which, BTW, anyone who stole my wallet would have ALL that info, so the correct category is actually "harassment" rather than "security" ... they finally admitted that they will "try" to change the FF number in the record.

Well, after 31 minutes, just to get to the point where they can begin to start to commence to initiate the first step of the primary phase of changing the FF number, I opted to have the phone rep cancel the whole thing so I could start over.

I went in to Manage My Account and removed all the ghost travelers, leaving just one bloke in my account, and this particular bloke credits his flights to AA.

Takeaway: when presented with a choice of multiple "You's", pick the LAST one, as it's the most recent. Otherwise you'll get a 33-minute tour down memory lane, trying to remember your email, phone number and street address from days of yore.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:08 pm

Experiencing a really annoying bug / glitch on trying to select flights on a route with a high frequency of services (e.g. LON > EDI, LON > DUB).

The current interface will only display the first 15 flights of the day, which means that it doesn't seem possible to book flights in the evening.

I've tried to 'limit' the number of flights returned by specifying one London airport, but the interface insists on returning all LCY, LGW, LHR flights, even if (for example), LCY is specified.

Any known workarounds?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold
So I'm trying to look at options for an upgrade with Avios on a new booking for next year. I'm less then 355 days out, and last night got the website ( BA) to show me there was availability and got through to a price etc. Every time I've looked since the flights show as available, but when I click through the website just says " error please try later" Will it resolve itself over time? Really need to look at the times of flights etc to fit in with a conference at EWR. Tried it off 2 different boxes with the same result. Same result using the app on phone.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:04 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
I've now seen the same bug 10+ times. My BA registered email is [email protected]
This email is embedded in the booking just fine on Ba.com
However, at mobile check-in, after selecting seats I'm sent to the "please enter your same-day contact details" page with a blank email field, and after putting in my correct email and submitting the page, there's a red "please check for errors" note next to the email field - suggesting there's a bug in the email validation code for addresses like mine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.