Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
How can you lose a bag between Rome and LHR?
That's pretty difficult. "Losing" a bag at the airport in Rome before loading it onto the aircraft, though, is much easier. It's the sort of thing that happens with any "lost" bag - it's usually "lost" at an airport for some reason, not between two of them.
Ancient Observer and florens like this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
The "no tickets attached to this booking" issue now resolved, and all details of the booking and original seat choice are sorted out.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:50 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
Just received two emails inviting me to check in for BA 1395 12.10 MAN/LHR and BA 1387 (actual flight) at 12.15. Double tier points would be nice lol
Old Nov 3, 2017, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by jason8612
I'm also having an issue with booking a AA flight using avios. Had to call in to book them. Had this problem also a week ago.
There seems to be progress in fixing this. I didn't take an award booking all the way through, but as of last night I could at least select an individual award segment (& have the site return a price and present the ability to go to the next screen) without immediately getting an error message.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 2:25 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Cannot access ba.com at all today on Firefox or Chrome. Explorer gets me to the 'new' website. FF and Chrome tell me:

"You don't have permission to access "/D/8308/300618/000/origin-www.britishairways.com/" on this server

Reference #18.aaa3c017.1509972798.267eea8"

Clearing cookies and history makes no difference.

Last edited by mikebg; Nov 6, 2017 at 5:54 am
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by mikebg
Cannot access ba.com at all today on Firefox or Chrome. Explorer gets me to the 'new' website. FF and Chrome tell me:

"You don't have permission to access "/D/8308/300618/000/origin-www.britishairways.com/" on this server

Reference #18.aaa3c017.1509972798.267eea8"

Clearing cookies and history makes no difference.
Problem has cleared itself after a few hours
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 2:38 am

Greetings! Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I'm trying to book BHD-LHR return on the new website but payment cards keep being refused. No issue with my bank (can use the cards elsewhere, bank have checked my cards twice). Tried multiple times using both Chrome and IE. I get to the stage where I go through my bank authorisation successfully and then get a message saying:

'Unfortunately, we are unable to process your transaction using this payment card. Please try again using a different card.'

I've cleared history and cookies, made no difference. Tried via the app and same thing happens. My bank say it seems that the BA website isn't requesting the funds after I've authorised them. Also tried via the call centre and the agent couldn't get the transaction through either!
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:07 am

Programs: Varies
I logged into my account to find the Silver executive club phone number, because I'm unable to make a 241 open jaw booking online. On the left hand side of the "My Executive Club" webpage, there are three messages, on top of each other. Quite what I'm supposed to make of them I don't know:

----
Sorry, but you cannot book online using Avios at the moment.

To book flights, hotels, cars or experiences please contact your local Executive Club Service Centre.
----

Sorry, but you can only book flights online with Avios at the moment.

To book hotels, cars or experiences please contact your local Executive Club Service Centre.
-----

Sorry, but you can only book flights online with Avios at the moment.

To book hotels, cars or experiences please contact your local Executive Club Service Centre.
--------

If I click on any of these links to the Executive Club Service Centre, I get this:
Bronze, Silver and Gold Executive Club Members: Please log in to your account to view your dedicated number.

But I am logged in.

Every attempt to find the Silver phone number results in being told to log in. I've logged in and out several times but still get the same message when I click on any "Contact Us" type link.

I'm lucky that I know how to find it by other means, but I thought this would be the quickest and easiest way to find BA Executive Club contact details.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: BA silver
I am trying to book a BA holiday to New York but I keep being told that It doesn't sell hotels in New York. I have tried logging off and on again and also clearing cookies but still no joy.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 8:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Not sure if it is a bug or not, but the following flight still shows as cancelled even though I am rebooked onto another flight which is confirmed.

Old Nov 13, 2017, 9:11 am

Programs: BA silver
We have had a few cancellations in the last year. The cancelled flight details stayed put till the date passed
Old Nov 13, 2017, 4:02 pm

Dumped out of booking at point where booking being finalised

Trying to book LHR to BTV via PHL return (on a mixture of BA and AA) to see in-laws over Christmas. Have so far tried to make booking with same itinerary 3 times and have got to the stage where the system has taken my credit card security details and has started to finalise the booking, when suddenly it dumps me out telling me that the flights have sold out. My credit card doesn't appear to have been charged either time.

Website seemed v. buggy this evening, and to add insult to injury has just sent me an email reminding me of flight details/price 'in case I want to book them still'. Would like to get this sorted out so that (already high) flight prices don't end up higher.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I've seen this issue for the last few months. As an "ex-dev" I can say shoddy testing (or just forgetting to remove debug code!) in the production environment!

ETA - who cares though we are off soon!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Thoughts of the collective brain trust...

I've used my USA billed CC or PayPal to pay for BA flights with mostly no issues for years. However, with the new desktop (Chrome or I.E.) and mobile site (iOS), I cannot get it to work.

Last month, the old site was still showing as the desktop version on my phone and it worked after futile efforts on my work computer.

The iPhone app will not allow me to switch the billing country to the USA.

Thoughts!?

Apologies if this in the wrong place. Have tried to scan threads but is hard from just my phone.

Super frustrated since this hasn't previously been an issue.

Thanks!
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by rwoman
The iPhone app will not allow me to switch the billing country to the USA. Thoughts!?
Delete and re-install the app?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.