Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:55 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Quarky Quark
I am struggling to find the words to accurately convey just how much I hate the new BA website, it is the most utter bollocks at even the simple things. I've given up trying to use it with Firefox, but even in IE there are rendering errors and other howlers. It looks and feels like it was designed by a child.

Surely they can't be proud of this or be getting good feedback?
I agree with you wholeheartedly I loathe this vile "Now We Are Five" looking mess, even though your tugboat language did make me blush!

However I thought that it was spelt B*llox? Have I mis-spelt all that paint spray grafetti on the walls of Watershed Down?
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Kylash
Trying to book a short-haul AA flight with Avios, flights show up when I search but when I click a specific flight to see Avios price it gives the error: "Sorry there is a problem with booking this journey online. Try selecting other flights"

Update: problem seems to have been resolved. However, the 1 AA saver award for my flight, is no longer available.
I am getting this error too, even if ExpertFlyer shows there is availability.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 5:11 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I'm getting this error right now for an AA flight so called in and the agent was able to book it.

I had a 3min argument with the agent about paying a telephone fee (he was arguing that the flight wasn't actually unavailable, I just had to try again later) and then when he finally conceded my point that all errors fix themselves eventually he insisted on me emailing him a screenshot to show proof. As if I was willing to establish an elaborate lie for the privilege of having someone slow and unhelpful book my flight.

In the end I just paid the telephone fee as there was only 1 availability on one of the legs, but BA proving once again they know how to get the last few pounds out of their customers at the cost of massive amounts of ill will.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
For itinerary starting next Friday MMB currently comes up with the message - 'we are unable to display your booking as all flights have been flown'.

This includes when clicking through from the BAEC page where it shows normally.

Maybe linking to a an old itinerary, but a bit bizarre!
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
Trying to book award flights to Athens next August. Site shows availability and cost, but when trying to proceed
Error

Sorry, we cannot currently book the journey you have chosen. You may wish to reselect a different cabin, try again later, or call your service center.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 3:25 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Just booked a day trip to Jersey in January, via BA.COM logged in with my details, using the voucher someone offered in an earlier thread as part payment and paid for using my wife's credit card. Everything seemed to confirm OK and a booking reference generated, but she's received no confirmation email (nor have I) and the "manage my bookings" section although having the reference listed says "no flights on this booking".

Any ideas? I'll call them in the morning obviously but curious to know what the problem might be.
Old Oct 27, 2017, 5:26 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Trying to book a short-haul AA flight with Avios, flights show up when I search but when I click a specific flight to see Avios price it gives the error: "Sorry there is a problem with booking this journey online. Try selecting other flights"

Update: problem seems to have been resolved. However, the 1 AA saver award for my flight, is no longer available.
Problem is still persisting today. Expertflyer confirmed 5 saver seats available on the AA flight and I was even able to go to AA.com and make a backup hold using my AAdvantage account, so it’s not an issue with availability. Will check again tomorrow and hope that I can book from my BA account.
Old Oct 28, 2017, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Just booked a day trip to Jersey in January, via BA.COM logged in with my details, using the voucher someone offered in an earlier thread as part payment and paid for using my wife's credit card. Everything seemed to confirm OK and a booking reference generated, but she's received no confirmation email (nor have I) and the "manage my bookings" section although having the reference listed says "no flights on this booking".

Any ideas? I'll call them in the morning obviously but curious to know what the problem might be.

Response this morning: "Web site problem, booking is confirmed and we should have a resolution within 24 hours".

There is an e-ticket number I can see via the web app and checkmytrip but no booking detais, even via Saudia.com. Anyway plenty of time to sort it out. I have a feeling it may be because of a quite complex payment method - money off voucher in someone else's, credit card my wife's, and my login.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:58 am

....and nothing fixed overnight which doesn't surprise me in the slightest. My wife's Amex has been charged twice though.

As I'm flying next week on another trip, is it likely to be easier to attempt to resolve this at Heathrow? The flight in question isn't until January.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 1:22 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*

Originally Posted by dw
Problem is still persisting today. Expertflyer confirmed 5 saver seats available on the AA flight and I was even able to go to AA.com and make a backup hold using my AAdvantage account, so it’s not an issue with availability. Will check again tomorrow and hope that I can book from my BA account.
And still happens today, trying on a simple 1-stop AA flight from SEA to RNO. Also tried checking the two 1st legs of the flights that come up as available (SEA-PHX, SEA-LAX).
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by huge
And still happens today, trying on a simple 1-stop AA flight from SEA to RNO. Also tried checking the two 1st legs of the flights that come up as available (SEA-PHX, SEA-LAX).
Yep, website is still b0rked. Pretty amazing that BA (which can do no wrong according to certain FT groupies) still hasn't fixed this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
I’m getting this for my next booking:

• Sorry, we are unable to display your booking as there are no flights in the booking. Please contact your local British Airways office or Travel Agent.
I’m unable to manage seats or other aspects of the booking. CMT shows this as confirmed and displays an e-ticket number. A bit baffled.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:06 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I'm also having an issue with booking a AA flight using avios. Had to call in to book them. Had this problem also a week ago. But oddly, no issues booking a BA flight today using avios.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Am having trouble trying to book a flight+car ‘holiday’. After entering and submitting the request I get the usual ‘searching’ dialogue but then get redirected to the old-style booking UI. Entering the same info into this screen gets an error. I tried 3 separate browsers with the same outcome. Was working perfectly well yesterday.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:51 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
BA Lost my bag today. How can you lose a bag between Rome and LHR? Anyway, went thru the normal lost bag stuff at airport. They suggested I should update it on ba.com/baggage.
So I entered text.
"Our system is not currently working"

So not only do they lose your bag, they can't take the info that they say they need to find it.

Catch 22, anyone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.