Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Aha. I did think that could be the issue.

I don't think it is always the issue - I've continually had this error for domestic RFS over the last 2 weeks. When I phone up there is loads of availability.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by simon77
I don't think it is always the issue - I've continually had this error for domestic RFS over the last 2 weeks. When I phone up there is loads of availability.
Ok. My experience has been just when there wasn't availability - I would agree that a more meaningful message would be better though. Other than that I have booked a few domestic RFS over the last month and seemed to be fine.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:28 pm

Ok, another update.
So I decided to kill another hour on hold with BA cuz I really needed tickets and wanted to use points so 50 mins later...
There ARE flights available.
There has been a glitch since July and the issue has been raised with IT but they have been backlogged and have not had a chance to get to it ... iow, they realised that most peeps will just buy a ticket instead of waiting an hr on the phone so are not fixing it.
ANYway, call in and of course they are going to waive the fee.
Got my ticket - not the times I wanted but there were loads available.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3
Has the ba site just crashed?

My partner was just finishing a booking, entered the card details and got:
Internal Server Error - Read
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Reference #3.5df89c50.1504461069.c033a62

I then tried a totally different booking (and different browser) as we are waiting for the Silver line, and got the same screen message.

The wait time is, apparently, a minimum of 30 minutes.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
It was playing up around lunchtime, wouldn't complete a booking

Booked via the App in the end.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:01 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I've had the "Internal Server Error Read" error message at least a dozen times while making various enquiries and bookings over the last few days.

I found that, on most occasions, pressing F5 to refresh allows you to carry on from where you were.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I've had the "Internal Server Error Read" error message at least a dozen times while making various enquiries and bookings over the last few days.

I found that, on most occasions, pressing F5 to refresh allows you to carry on from where you were.
Unfortunately up came a "technical issues" message. It's too complicated to do on the app.

As for my booking - I got further, right up to the payment stage and, it happened again. Thanks ba for your solid systems!
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I'm hitting a block with "View Future Bookings". Been like that for c. 24h.

I notified the Twitter Team, and got the usual patronising "Try another browser" and "Clear Cookies"
Attached Images  
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:28 pm

As a follow up neither booking was found by the call centre. The wait time for the reservations centre is in excess of 30 minutes so we have given up for the day. 45 minutes we will never get back.

I have just got an email from b a telling me that the booking that I was trying to make, but the Operator couldn't find any record of, has been saved and asking whether I wanted to continue or not. I decided to use the App and it got so far, then asking who was flying as it couldn't retrieve my details. You know, the ones that are in my profile for an app that I am logged into. I have definitely given up. Hopefully my partner's sale prices will be there tomorrow!

Last edited by Stormbel; Sep 3, 2017 at 12:40 pm
Old Sep 9, 2017, 9:09 pm

Tried searching for QR F spaces from multiple cities (CAN MEL BKK) and all came back with multiple seats, sometimes up to 8 seats available but when clicking on it this error message keeps showing up:

Sorry, there’s a problem with booking this journey online. You can try selecting other flights or contact us so an agent can help you book the flights you have selected

Is this a known glitch?

Btw BA does recognize SHA if you just type it in and click search, all flights for PVG and SHA will come out.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 1:01 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Quick question, not really a bug or glitch and not quite sure if this has already been discussed but I have trouble finding the booking class in an existing booking. It used to be just a click on the flight number to get relevant info but apparently no more (??).
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:32 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Great_circle
Quick question, not really a bug or glitch and not quite sure if this has already been discussed but I have trouble finding the booking class in an existing booking. It used to be just a click on the flight number to get relevant info but apparently no more (??).
MyFlights app [or CheckMyTrip] should help with that issue [and many more].
Great_circle likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Is anyone else seeing buggy behaviour on Firefox?

I tried to book a fare online over the weekend, and once I got to the payment screen, I could not proceed. Indeed both the continue and the back button within the website were not working. I tried again with the same result, then tried with IE which worked fine.

This morning I see my username is not saved in the login box.

I'm using the latest version of FF, and just to make it clear I'm not having issues on any other websites. Surely it can't be that hard to get the simple things right?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Quarky Quark
Is anyone else seeing buggy behaviour on Firefox?

I tried to book a fare online over the weekend, and once I got to the payment screen, I could not proceed. Indeed both the continue and the back button within the website were not working. I tried again with the same result, then tried with IE which worked fine.

This morning I see my username is not saved in the login box.

I'm using the latest version of FF, and just to make it clear I'm not having issues on any other websites. Surely it can't be that hard to get the simple things right?
I had similar today, but using Chrome. Don't know ... tried it again later and worked so maybe just having a moment.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I made a booking last week via the iPhone app, but can't access the booking from the app or website. Website says it doesn't recognise the booking, and if I enter the reference and surname manually, it blocks access for 24 hours due to too many unsuccessful attempts to access it. Even happens if I just click on choose a seat from the app.

Any ideas how I can get that sorted out?

Last edited by ITFella; Sep 20, 2017 at 12:30 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.