Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:47 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by tpict
Almost 2 months now and this is still the only thing I see on ba.com. Every link you see in this picture takes me to the same page. Logging in takes me to the same page. Am I going crazy? is there something I'm missing? I make a living as a software engineer and I can't figure out how to log in to this website
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
I still get this every time. I've given up using BAEC for anything.
What happens if you try a different browser?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:59 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by golfmad
What happens if you try a different browser?
Same thing.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
BA website keeps removing my mobile number from my account.

I had this bug before, but it seemed to get fixed or just stopped happening. It's happening again the "incomplete profile" feature is useful for the first time - when it drops from 95% to 86% I know my mobile number got removed.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 7:11 am

Location: New York, NY, AA 4MM PLT, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, CC Gold
Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi @AAPlatinum,
Thanks for raising this. I've reported it to support and they'll look in to it.

Thanks

Simon K
Simon, Following up to see if they've made any progress? I'm still having the same issue i.e. AARP discount not working for Premium Economy bookings.

Thanks
Old Jun 8, 2017, 2:52 pm

For the last few months I've not been able to check in online - it gets stuck when asking me how many bags I'd like to check in, asking me to tick a non-existing permissions checkbox. I wonder if it's because someone else has been making the bookings for me (as I've run out of airmiles and they have loads ).

I can check in using the mobile app without issue. I tried reporting the error twice, but the first time the response was some irrelevant stuff about my trip and the second just replied saying that the problem no longer exists as I've checked in! (Yes, but using the app not the website).
Attached Images   
Old Jun 8, 2017, 5:08 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
For the last few months I've not been able to check in online - it gets stuck when asking me how many bags I'd like to check in, asking me to tick a non-existing permissions checkbox. I wonder if it's because someone else has been making the bookings for me (as I've run out of airmiles and they have loads ).

I can check in using the mobile app without issue. I tried reporting the error twice, but the first time the response was some irrelevant stuff about my trip and the second just replied saying that the problem no longer exists as I've checked in! (Yes, but using the app not the website).
Do you use adblocking software/plugin/extension for your browser? try to disable it on BA/check-in page. It worked for me
Old Jun 9, 2017, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by megaloman
Do you use adblocking software/plugin/extension for your browser? try to disable it on BA/check-in page. It worked for me
oo - yes I do. Didn't think of that; thanks for the tip! I'll turn it off and see if I'm able to check in for the return flight in a few days time. I'll report back.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
is seat selection down ?

is anybody else having problem with seat selection ?

i've tried both website (logged in and not logged in) and app - and i keep getting the "unable to process your request" error message.

flight is on Wednesday, i've got OW Ruby (via AB) - was able to change seats a couple of days ago, but spotted a better seat this morning.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Amex only card option

Tried doing a booking earlier today - from inside my account and for an Avios with an Amex 241 booking. I did not want to use any of the saved cards (Amex, Visa and MC) so chose the option to add a new card. But the only option was to add an Amex one - nothing else. And yet if I reverted to my saved cards I could have used a Visa or an Amex one.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
If I try to do anything holiday booking wise, using customise my trip, I get a "technical error" page every time after the flights.

Added: Very dodgy in Chrome if go for a flight and then select a car or hotel when offered. Took a few kills of the page before it would let me change a date for a car but eventually worked.
Seemed better with hotels but sluggish.
Can't get it to work at all in IE. Page locks up every time.

Last edited by xenole; Jun 11, 2017 at 12:00 pm
Old Jun 11, 2017, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by adrianlondon
oo - yes I do. Didn't think of that; thanks for the tip! I'll turn it off and see if I'm able to check in for the return flight in a few days time. I'll report back.
Checked in using Safari on my mobile (after clicking "desktop site") as wasn't near a computer when I wanted to check-in and ... checkbox was there.

So I think you're right megaloman; it's probably the ad blocker on my laptop. Next flight, I'll disable it and see how it does.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:38 am

Programs: bmi DC, BAEC
seat selection working again

Originally Posted by fartoomanyusers
is anybody else having problem with seat selection ?

i've tried both website (logged in and not logged in) and app - and i keep getting the "unable to process your request" error message.

flight is on Wednesday, i've got OW Ruby (via AB) - was able to change seats a couple of days ago, but spotted a better seat this morning.
i just managed to select 1A for my flight on Wednesday.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've got an AA flight in amongst my BA bookings and it keeps directing me to the AA website who then send me back to the BA website. No idea who's to blame here.

Few issues with BA asking me for my email address and contact details yet again, and it did forget my BAEC number when it came to choosing seats.

Few page errors as well including one payment failure that now has created a ghost booking for the next 20+ hours.
Old Jun 12, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Silver
When trying to transfer avios I continuously get the following error message:

We are experiencing a technical problem at this time. Please try again later. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

This has been the case in the last couple of days. Any information on the issue?
Old Jun 12, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
When trying to transfer avios I continuously get the following error message:

We are experiencing a technical problem at this time. Please try again later. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

This has been the case in the last couple of days. Any information on the issue?
Just came to post about this one

Is it possible to do this over the phone?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.