Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2017, 9:14 am

Programs: Status with BA Exec Club; KrisFlyer; Hilton Honors; IHG One; Marriott Bonvoy
BA site is showing

Code:
ba.com - please try again
Sorry, there seems to be a technical problem. Please try again in a few minutes.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
for me at the moment... not only is this annoying but the page is returned as a '200'. Web developers and other geeks out will know that (a) this ruins your search engine results if Google happens to trawl your site with this page running and (b) it wrecks any automated detection of site failures.

So, we have a broken website, with a broken 'the website is broken' page.

Old May 7, 2017, 1:37 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
It's at least a couple of weeks that this happens on various European BA webpages

Shanghai & Beijing don't really sound like middle east countries...
Old May 7, 2017, 1:42 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
BA getting onto the One Belt One Road bandwagon
Old May 7, 2017, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
FYI only ... An odd one from here regarding Seat Assignment. I've discussed this with the BA Twitter Team and their Web Support Team have been made aware.

New CW booking, but MMB is only showing me an F cabin [and won't scroll down] and our BA-assigned seats are showing as "undefined".
Attached Images  
Old May 7, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Contradictory error messages showing on the "My Account" page at the moment:

Sorry, but you cannot book online using Avios at the moment.

To book flights, hotels, cars or experiences please contact your local Executive Club Service Centre.
Sorry, but you can only book flights online with Avios at the moment.

To book hotels, cars or experiences please contact your local Executive Club Service Centre.
Old May 7, 2017, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by tpict
I upgraded to an Executive Club account recently to collect points on an American Airline flight, and now I get a message that says "Are you trying to login to an On Business account? Please login here" on almost every page of the website. I don't have an On Business account. There's no "no, I'm not trying to log in to an On Business account" button. Logging in takes me back to the same page. Even trying to reset my password (which I do know) asks me to log in. I've tried different browsers, different devices, I've wiped my cookies, I've tried on different networks... I'm stuck in a loop.

Sometimes after wiping cookies and logging in, I get a message asking me to click the link in the verification email, which I have already done. Clicking the resend button just asks me to log in.
Almost a month later and I'm still having the same problem. This is ridiculous! There's no way this could be a cache/cookie issue after so long, clearly I've found some way of permanently locking yourself out of your BA account... don't upgrade to executive club!
Old May 8, 2017, 3:15 am
Company Representative

Dear Lefly,
Thank you for raising this - I have alerted our content team fro them to investigate.
John.

Originally Posted by Lefly
It's at least a couple of weeks that this happens on various European BA webpages

Shanghai & Beijing don't really sound like middle east countries...
Old May 8, 2017, 10:26 am

Please, please, please, please, please, get rid of the "Do you need to take extra bags?" popup I encounter whenever I view ANY booking! It doesn't even remember my answer when in the same session for the same booking. It is an affront to good web design and usability. Please make it go away immediately! PLEASE!

rb211.
Old May 8, 2017, 1:35 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by T8191
FYI only ... An odd one from here regarding Seat Assignment. I've discussed this with the BA Twitter Team and their Web Support Team have been made aware.

New CW booking, but MMB is only showing me an F cabin [and won't scroll down] and our BA-assigned seats are showing as "undefined".
I'm seeing the same right now, is this common?
Old May 8, 2017, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dadio77
Not sure, but their Tweet to me on Saturday said... "We appear to have fault with regards to the seat map pulling our First cabin through instead of Club World. A report was logged yesterday with our web support chaps for the same issue."

So something is wrong ... which is, of course, not unusual with BA's IT.

BA.Com Official ... would you poke a finger at this one, please, as now I'm not the only one. And it rather negates all those status privileges about seat selection!!

(Link sent by PM as well)

Last edited by T8191; May 8, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Old May 8, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
Not sure, but their Tweet to me on Saturday said... "We appear to have fault with regards to the seat map pulling our First cabin through instead of Club World. A report was logged yesterday with our web support chaps for the same issue."

So something is wrong ... which is, of course, not unusual with BA's IT.

BA.Com Official ... would you poke a finger at this one, please, as now I'm not the only one. And it rather negates all those status privileges about seat selection!!
I have the same issue (on outbound from UK, but the return shows correctly - booking was made Oct 2016, and has previously been working ok for both flights)
Old May 8, 2017, 9:19 pm

Does BA hate "young adults," because every time I try to book an AA award saver flight for two adults, one child, and one young adult, it rejects my reservation (cannot book online). As soon as I remove the "young adult" from reservation, no problems.

I had this happen to me again in February, and on about the 20th attempt I was able to push a reservation with one "young adult" through, as if by luck.

Any suggestions or ideas my friends?
Old May 9, 2017, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by smedleyb
Any suggestions or ideas my friends?
What's the route? If it's on one which it makes no difference, why don't you simply book the young adult as an adult? AIUI, the young adult category is there only to identify those who are adults by standard industry definitions but who qualify for the APD concession if that is payable.
Old May 9, 2017, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dadio77
Originally Posted by whiskerxx
I have the same issue (on outbound from UK, but the return shows correctly - booking was made Oct 2016, and has previously been working ok for both flights)
I've updated the BA Twitter Team by PM, which they've acknowledged.

Edit ... BA.com Official is also on the case ^

Last edited by T8191; May 9, 2017 at 6:46 am
Old May 9, 2017, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
What's the route? If it's on one which it makes no difference, why don't you simply book the young adult as an adult? AIUI, the young adult category is there only to identify those who are adults by standard industry definitions but who qualify for the APD concession if that is payable.
It doesn't matter if I do 3 adults and one child, or two adults and two children, the system recognizes my son as a 13 year old "young adult" and refuses to process reservation, forcing me to start over.

Route is HNL- LAX.

Last edited by smedleyb; May 9, 2017 at 7:05 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.