Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2017, 1:03 am

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
I fed this back on twitter and was told that often people with status and a generous baggage allowance regularly paid for extra luggage.
Thanks for the info - poor answer in my book. Even if that were true (and we would need to quantify and agree on definitions of "often" and "regularly") there is a way to do that without having a pop-up every time! Come on BA, you can do better!

rb211.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:45 pm

British Airways - Booking reward flights - error

I get this error while trying to look for reward flights. Any workarounds?

Sorry

Sorry, there seems to be a technical problem. Please try again in a few minutes, and please contact us if it still doesn't work.

We apologise for the inconvenience.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by flyer2030
I get this error while trying to look for reward flights. Any workarounds?
Yes, use the BA app instead. BA IT calamities seem to have no end in sight.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: Free agent
I registered for BAEC but I'm caught in a loop of login screens.

If I clear my history I can log into my account but as soon as I go into the BAEC links I can't get past a login. I clicked the activation email but it didn't "activate" on the site.

The app shows me as Blue and I can login but I can't search for reward flights as it links me to the same login circle.
Old May 3, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
I still can't use the Flight+Car option on BA.com - I think it's because my VPN blocks tracking cookies
Old May 3, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
I registered for BAEC but I'm caught in a loop of login screens.

If I clear my history I can log into my account but as soon as I go into the BAEC links I can't get past a login. I clicked the activation email but it didn't "activate" on the site.
It's been like that for ages, I tried to sign up my gf over several months and gave up. It's impossible to deal with, and no-one at BA seems remotely interested.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Received this e-mail even though nobody ever contacted me. I called back and they weren't sure why I received it. The lady thought it may be because I changed my Avios address between my original booking in January and my change last week, so she retook my billing details, still waiting for a reissue.

Please Contact British Airways

We have attempted to contact you using the information supplied at the time of booking with important details relating to your reservation.
Please call British Airways at your earliest convenience, quoting the reference number detailed above.

How to contact us

We try to offer you as full a service as possible, but we are unable to answer replies to this email.

If you do have a question to ask us, you can find answers and (in some countries) our email form by clicking the link below:
http://ba.com/yourquestions

For phone numbers, click the link below:
http://ba.com/travel/ctclist

Alternatively, if you are a British Airways Executive Club member, please call the dedicated number for your appropriate tier level.

Yours sincerely,
British Airways Customer Service
Old May 3, 2017, 11:24 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by slickvik
Received this e-mail even though nobody ever contacted me. I called back and they weren't sure why I received it. The lady thought it may be because I changed my Avios address between my original booking in January and my change last week, so she retook my billing details, still waiting for a reissue.
If it's a US dollar denominated payment, this is the email that gets set out when the CCV on your card is no longer available for processing. The CCV automatically drops out of your booking if it hasn't been processed within a few days. So if they took that detail, then all should be OK. It's not a glitch.
Old May 3, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If it's a US dollar denominated payment, this is the email that gets set out when the CCV on your card is no longer available for processing. The CCV automatically drops out of your booking if it hasn't been processed within a few days. So if they took that detail, then all should be OK. It's not a glitch.
Ah ok. The lady on the phone thought it had to do with the billing address. The thing is though every time I give my details again I go to the back of the queue so unless they catch the CVV in time, then it's kind of like a never ending cycle.
Old May 3, 2017, 11:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Hello,

What should I do about some Japanese airports that are NOT recognized by BA.com for domestic Avios redemption on Japan Airlines :

Yakushima (KUM)
Tanegashima (TNE)

I called once. The agent told me that I need to wait until 2 months before my desired date of departure to book the flights. However, I have been able to book other domestic flights in Japan through BA.com, such as ITM-NGS, way before, like 5 months in advance
Old May 3, 2017, 7:31 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Hello,

What should I do about some Japanese airports that are NOT recognized by BA.com for domestic Avios redemption on Japan Airlines :

Yakushima (KUM)
Tanegashima (TNE)

I called once. The agent told me that I need to wait until 2 months before my desired date of departure to book the flights. However, I have been able to book other domestic flights in Japan through BA.com, such as ITM-NGS, way before, like 5 months in advance
You can book domestic JL flights beyond two months and do so on BA.com.

For those airports I am struggling to get the reward seat search to work like you.
Old May 4, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
New issue today:
I can't book Avios flights from the 'My Executive Club' screen, as the drop down menu to select which class of ticket doesn't show any classes! The only way to do it is to choose 'Spending Avios' from the 'Executive Club' drop downh menu, end then choosing 'Book a Reward Flight'.

Old issue repeated:
It is often impossible to get a special meal selected because the system gives some sort of error every time it is tried. This is particularly problematic when there are a few people on a booking and only some get the special meal. Making a change often results in some losing their special meal and others getting it, but it takes a great many attempts to get it sorted out for everyone on the booking, for all flights.
Old May 4, 2017, 7:56 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by florens
Whenever I access MMB on ba.com I keep getting very annoying popup messages, such as:

These are so useless. I never travel with checked baggage on shorthaul and this feature surely doesn't "truly enhance" my "seemless experience".
Thank you for your feedback regarding the baggage lightbox on the Manage My Booking page. We have been testing this approach as a potential remedy to feedback about Baggage allowances and purchasing extra baggage at online rates which are cheaper than airport rates. I will feed these comments into the learnings.
John.
Old May 4, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
I'm still getting this message whenever I try to book flight+car (Firefox on Win10 PC). Tried it with my VPN both on & off, now. Any thoughts?

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie

/n
Old May 4, 2017, 3:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Thank you for your feedback regarding the baggage lightbox on the Manage My Booking page. We have been testing this approach as a potential remedy to feedback about Baggage allowances and purchasing extra baggage at online rates which are cheaper than airport rates. I will feed these comments into the learnings.
John.
Thank you John, appreciated. This message could be placed somewhere else where people don't have to click to continue to access MMB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.