Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:47 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PWOZUK
Another classic

When filling in the customer comment form on-line it asks if it is OK to call you about the issue. This is a required YES/NO field.

so I filled in YES, and the rest of the form.

On attempting to SUBMIT the form, it was rejected as I had apparently not filled out the "Your contact choice" field. Which puzzled me, as there was no such field to be seen on the form.

It transpires that this field is only visible if you have answered NO to the question above.

So having BA call you is never really an option.
A very cleverly designed form....just what BA needs these days.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by PWOZUK
Another classic

When filling in the customer comment form on-line it asks if it is OK to call you about the issue. This is a required YES/NO field.

so I filled in YES, and the rest of the form.

On attempting to SUBMIT the form, it was rejected as I had apparently not filled out the "Your contact choice" field. Which puzzled me, as there was no such field to be seen on the form.

It transpires that this field is only visible if you have answered NO to the question above.

So having BA call you is never really an option.
Had the same issue, apparently it has been an issue since yesterday evening. Talked to someone in Customer relations who explained the issue above:

Me: How do I select that I want a call back then?
CR: You can’t
Me: That seems a bit poor, do you not think?
CR Yes I suppose it is. You could request a call back in the Your Question part of the form
Me: Will that work
CR Probably not
Me: I might have to raise another complaint about the form not working when trying to make a complaint
CR: Good for you Sir <click>

Not typical of Customer Relations who have always been very good in the past – I think someone was having a bad day….
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
To annoy me further, it seems the second feedback form I attempted to post has been lost/ignored, as I have not received the usual automatic case assignment email.

Is it normal for the web page to appear to have "accepted" the form and then for it to be completely discarded ?

Last edited by PWOZUK; Mar 4, 2015 at 11:02 am Reason: slightly improved grammar
Old Mar 9, 2015, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
AceCobra1 seems to have found a bug. The story becomes a bit clearer from this post on: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post24475756

To cut a long story short, there's T class and U class available on the outbound flight but neither is available on the desired inbound date - only W class is available on that date.

If you price a cash ticket, availability is correctly shown in the FX (grid).

However, if you use "book with money, upgrade with Avios" to try to UuA the outbound at the same time as booking the cash ticket, it looks like the FX does not properly perform an availability check on the inbound flight. It quotes the T class fare for the inbound flight as well. Unsurprisingly, the T class seat will not confirm and the booking fails at that point.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 7:29 am

Happens to me all the time

Originally Posted by headingwest
ba.com does not seem to be playing ball today. I've tried various times to accept a rebooked flight, change another rebooked flight, and also to book reward flights - all to no avail. I just keep getting the ''Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment.'' message.

Clearing my cookies and logging in and out several times hasn't helped.

Has anybody else encountered any problems today?
I cannot book a flight today for the same reason. This is the third time in as many months that I have gotten this error message. Nothing seems to work. Extremely frustrating.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by tutone88
I cannot book a flight today for the same reason. This is the third time in as many months that I have gotten this error message. Nothing seems to work. Extremely frustrating.
I've been unable to access any of my bookings today, and seeing big chunks of availability drop off [unlikely to be explained by bookings], so clearly ba.com on an off-day today.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DANNYB111
I've been unable to access any of my bookings today, and seeing big chunks of availability drop off [unlikely to be explained by bookings], so clearly ba.com on an off-day today.
It's still like that a full working day later!

Edit: the time on DANNYB111's posting has changed from 0745 to 1538!! Bizarre. So it isn't a full working day but it is nearly 3h from the first post. Come on BA IT - get your act together!!
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:03 am

Programs: BAEC
Looking at the reward map I notice that there is no April this year.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 4:13 am

Programs: e
Tried to change my booking last night - got through the payment stage only to be told there was a problem and contact BA. Tried different browsers, different cards and different computers.......same message each time.

Tried this morning again and the same message keeps coming up. Called BA and the person said they would report it to IT. The person I was talking to said they couldn't help with the changes I wanted to make to the booking and said I should try online again tomorrow.........
Old Mar 31, 2015, 5:45 am

Anyone else experiencing problems accessing their account? I got the following message when i tried to access my account;

"We are not able to recognise the membership number that you have supplied. Please check and re-enter".
Old Apr 4, 2015, 1:11 am

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
I am in OSL attempting an on line checkin for a multi-sector flight to MEL.

Click thru to OLCI and it claims passport information required; click on that link and it says passenger information complete. Net result I cannot checkin for either first or second sector, and, most importantly, find a better/alternate seat for my LHR/SIN sector.

Win7/IE explorer
Old Apr 10, 2015, 4:46 am

Programs: BA LTG, Defender of the turnip.
Unnable to assign Gold partner card to silver card holder...

Having previously assigned a silver card to someone I am now unable to assign a cold card to them, the site responds with,
The membership tier of the person you've nominated already allows them a card, which is the same, or higher than the one you've nominated them for.Please nominate someone else.
Obviously their silver card is not the same or higher than the gold card, so seems like a bug.

Edit: Ok, just spoke to GGL line, it's not a bug, you just can't assign a card to someone who already has a partner card until their current one expires.

Cheers,
Baps.

Last edited by TheBaps; Apr 10, 2015 at 5:00 am
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Is it just me or does the date function get messed up when choosing to "change" the award search after an initial search has been done? I think the date format changes from yy/mm/dd to mm/dd/yy or something like that with the date picker and the system doesn't recognize that, so it always tells me 'cannot book further out than 330 days" since it now things I'm setting the year to something like 2022.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 6:01 am

Anyone else having issues with the BA.com site not displaying all aa flights?
I see the flight on EF with 4 milesaver (T) seats, but ba.com states "Sorry, there are no flights available".
Old Apr 21, 2015, 7:40 am

Programs: BA Silver
Logged in to BAEC just now and I see my profile is 95% completed.
I decided the follow another member's suggestion from another thread, and added a second line to my home address and again London on "County/State".
After I press Save Changes i get this error:

Sorry
Unfortunately our systems are not responding, so we are unable to process your request at the moment.
We apologise for this inconvenience and suggest you try again later.

It is the 5th or so time I try in one week and always receive the same error.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.