Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Hide Wikipost
Old Dec 7, 18, 1:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
Wiki Link
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 14, 18, 12:27 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
On Chrome incognito mode, if I don't log in and just enter a PNR + last name in the "Manage my booking" section, the advertisements at the top show my mother's maiden name (which I do not use, nor have I ever used) -- I assume this is some glitch because we have a household account. Nearly gave me a heart attack because I more or less booked this ticket on autopilot, and I thought for a moment that I input my mother's details instead of my own...

Old Dec 20, 18, 1:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
When I click the "Manage My Booking" button alongside a booking on my list of forthcoming flights I invariably get an error and am asked to enter the booking reference and last name of passenger.
Attached Images    
Old Dec 20, 18, 1:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
My browser is set to delete cookies at the end of a session, so when I go to ba.com it appears in the default for my location, which is Germany- German. When I change the country and language on the home page to "United Kingdom - English" and click "Next" the country changes but the language doesn't.
Attached Images      
Old Dec 20, 18, 1:58 am
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Silver
Yes, I have reported this issue over a year ago, but it is still there
Old Dec 24, 18, 10:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL / QF LTG
Bug with BA App (not strictly ba.com)

Logged in to my BA App v5.50 and noticed it said I still needed four segments to re-qualify (see screenshot below). I've been moving from QF to BA during this membership year, plus taking AA/QR flights as well as Avios and On Business redemptions, so it was believable. I could not find on ba.com clear confirmation that I had flown four revenue BA/IB flights however I could see four BA revenue flights that should qualify me when I look at past transactions, and it states "Benefits earned" with "Gold membership retained".

If anyone has a clear place on ba.com to confirm I have flows four eligible BA segments, that would also be appreciated!

Old Dec 24, 18, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Jase76 View Post
If anyone has a clear place on ba.com to confirm I have flows four eligible BA segments, that would also be appreciated!
I think that this is a well-known app bug. Go to this page - https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb - and click on "Your Gold benefits" to see whether or not it still says that you need additional flights to retain; it will tell you how many you need if you do, but I can't currently check what it says if you don't.
Old Dec 24, 18, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Phone number formats in "Arrival contact" field

Please could something be done about the long-standing bug that refuses mobile phone numbers that are not the same length as a UK phone number?

It is, for example, making it impossible (IME) to put a South African phone number into this field.
Old Dec 26, 18, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Another BA APP

Message yesterday to say my flight was cancelled and to call them
( didn't say which of my flights )
None of my flights have been cancelled!?
Old Jan 5, 19, 3:21 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel
Original Poster
2020 FlyerTalk Awards

This thread is being closed to ensure good housekeeping. However there is a brand new thread for 2019 and that can be found here:

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum

Search this Thread
Search Engine: