Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Jun 17, 2017, 5:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
No problems for me this morning, I booked several flights without issue during the course of the morning. The only frustrating aspect for me is the constant captcha interventions. Frustrating and annoying.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 4:04 am

Haven't been able to search or book anything using Avios for the last few days. Call centre the only option?
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: M&M, BMI
Is it a known bug that you can't book award flights if QR is mixed with AB? Tried several connections, but BA can't price it out?

e.g VIE-TXL(AB)--TXL-DOH(QR)
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
I am currently unable to search for award flights on ba.com

Sorry, there seems to be a technical problem. Please try again in a few minutes, and please contact us if it still doesn't work.

We apologise for the inconvenience.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Silver
And I can updated that still (for more than 10 days now) the inability to transfer avios for free persists
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
And I can updated that still (for more than 10 days now) the inability to transfer avios for free persists
I've emailed them screenshots as requested end of last [working] week, chased it again on Monday - and it is working tonight!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 10:45 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Not able to make avios bookings online.

"Sorry, we have been unable to complete your transaction at this time. We're sorry, we are unable to process your request. Please contact your local British Airways office."
Old Jun 22, 2017, 4:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by jms_uk
I've emailed them screenshots as requested end of last [working] week, chased it again on Monday - and it is working tonight!
Hooray
Old Jun 22, 2017, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
When using BA app version 4.8 on Android to check-in, change seat allocation or POUG, get presented with a blank screen on any of the 25 bookings I have. I'm on a Nexus phone, friend gets same on his One Plus phone. Is this a bug? When I tried to check in using the ba.com option within the app, I get "Rats! WebGL Hit a Snag'.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 6:13 pm

I have been trying to do an avios upgrade, I get all the way to the point of running my credit card, but then it's says I can't do it online and need to do it by phone instead. Doesn't it cost more to do it by phone?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by Ms.O
I have been trying to do an avios upgrade, I get all the way to the point of running my credit card, but then it's says I can't do it online and need to do it by phone instead. Doesn't it cost more to do it by phone?
They will waive the phone fee if you explain why you had to call.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by kats
Thank you, I have been on hold for the last 2.5 hours, hope I get through.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
deleted

Last edited by Blueboys999; Jun 22, 2017 at 9:15 pm
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by kats
True, but I encounter problems so often that calling becomes the norm and is unnecessarily time consuming.

I can honestly say that I have problems using avios at least as often as when it goes right. Yesterday I got the all too familiar flight screen where all flight the timings involve 0000 hrs as a departure or arrival irrespective of when they actually were. Inevitably, trying to continue results in the "Sorry, our system is encountering problems..." message.

This morning I get an "error unmarshalling fare rules" message.

It's far from impressive.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:30 pm

How long is too long to be on hold as a lowly silver? I've been on hold now for 4.5 hours and I have lost track of how many times I have tried to do the avios upgrade online.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.