Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2017, 3:36 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by T8191
FYI only ... An odd one from here regarding Seat Assignment. I've discussed this with the BA Twitter Team and their Web Support Team have been made aware.

New CW booking, but MMB is only showing me an F cabin [and won't scroll down] and our BA-assigned seats are showing as "undefined".
I just got this too - posted originally in club world seating enquiries thread
Old May 13, 2017, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
There's some ambiguous wording in the cancellation confirmation if you cancel an Avios booking when the cash already paid is less than the cancellation fee to be charged so that you get no cash back.

It could be fixed by the addition of one word.

The current wording is:-
Your booking has been cancelled
  • There is no refund due for this booking
  • xxxx Avios will be refunded to [name], Executive Club account number xxxxxxxx
All that's needed is the addition of one word in the first bullet point:-
  • There is no cash refund due for this booking
Although FTers often seem to be allergic to the use of the word "cash", the term "cash refund" is used in the previous calculation screen so there would be no difficulty here.
Old May 13, 2017, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by firstlight
I just got this too - posted originally in club world seating enquiries thread
See my edit to post #2490 ... seating sorted, but MMB still in failure mode
Old May 13, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
I'm assuming the system reckons as a OWE/Gold you can be put in the front cabin (with CW service naturally). However this is blocked as I understand from other threads it's only opened up for OWE and above when CW is full.

I'll try phoning up and asking for 1A :-)
Old May 13, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: BA
Question Upgrade to domestic flights to Club

A few months ago I purchased two UK domestic flights EDI - LHR. Then on 1 April BA introduced a Club class on these flights. On all platforms I get offered a special upgrade price of £65, but every time I try and take advantage of it, over several days, when I get to the payment it says the special offer price has gone up to £756 (!). Anyone else noted this? Any ideas? I've tired the obvious things like logging out, waiting, changing from Mac to iPad to iPhone, etc.
Old May 14, 2017, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by homelovingguy
A few months ago I purchased two UK domestic flights EDI - LHR. Then on 1 April BA introduced a Club class on these flights. On all platforms I get offered a special upgrade price of £65, but every time I try and take advantage of it, over several days, when I get to the payment it says the special offer price has gone up to £756 (!). Anyone else noted this? Any ideas? I've tired the obvious things like logging out, waiting, changing from Mac to iPad to iPhone, etc.
Is that from a non-HBO fare? I always book HBO and I always get an offer for £70 on that route.
Old May 15, 2017, 1:56 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by homelovingguy

Hello,

To aid investigation can you please PM PNR , EC number and hopefully date and time you attempted the POU , we can then pinpoint the error and work from there.

regards

Gavin
Old May 15, 2017, 3:36 am
SP0

Avios explorer down - works for other users

For a month or so I've been getting "Sorry there appears to be a technical problem" when I go into the Avios flight finder ("explore availability" button).

I wrote to BAEC in April but they said I should just keep trying. I have continued to try, and like another poster in this forum, I have now discovered that it is always unavailable for me, but DOES work when I log in as another family member. (The latter approach does not show Gold availability of course.)

So there seem to be bugs which affect some accounts not all. (We had something similar with the map of our historic travels, which failed for some accounts, but that was eventually fixed.)

It would be nice if the IT team could work out what accounts are failing and fix it. Presumably they have a log which shows all failures so they already know the pattern?
Old May 15, 2017, 3:43 am
SP0

My Flightpath - system error

When I expand any year in My Flightpath I get "System error - Sorry, we can't show your information because of a system error". Same for two different accounts in two different browsers.
Old May 15, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
I'm getting this as well. Fine on the outbound but same issue on the return. Gold Line confirm that it's a 4 class doing the return but have no clue if I'll be able to select a seat there at some stage. I'd actually wanted to book F to maximise my 241 but it's a three class route.
Old May 15, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: QF WP
I cant access my forthcoming DONE5 issued by AA on BA's MMB on any browser across my 2 laptops and Ipad !!!.....Rang BA and they could access MMB from their end but unfortunatey I keep seeing a technical error and please try again...Any clues as to what to do next ?
Old May 16, 2017, 5:13 am
SP0

I can't remember when I last hit so many IT errors (and with such poor error handling) as I have done with BA in the last two days. If I were BA I'd be quite worried about whether complexity has run out of control and the systems are becoming too hard to maintain.

Two problems posted above. Then my son's executive club number shows up during all the booking screens, then as "add number" later (same on another booking too). Then three seats selected in booking were "unavailable" when the booking was confirmed, but empty when I went back in to reserve them again.

Latest error, while booking an Avios flight (just before the Amex card verification screen), this beautifully handled failure:

Internal Server Error - Read

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Reference #3.5df89c50.1494933027.3bd3263

Last edited by SP0; May 16, 2017 at 5:18 am
Old May 16, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond
I'm having a problem with the "In-flight meals" section of an upcoming CW flight out of LHR. As usual, when I click on "View/edit meal" choice, I can see the main courses available for pre-selection. However, the link to "View menu" opens a blank window with a sad solitary "undefined" in the top left corner, rather than showing the full menu as I'd normally expect to see.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or is it more likely that the menu just hasn't been loaded to the document store for this particular flight?
Old May 16, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
I registered for BAEC but I'm caught in a loop of login screens.

If I clear my history I can log into my account but as soon as I go into the BAEC links I can't get past a login. I clicked the activation email but it didn't "activate" on the site.

The app shows me as Blue and I can login but I can't search for reward flights as it links me to the same login circle.
I still can't login. I log into the main website, click on BAEC, put my info in.
"You haven't confirmed your email address"

I have now confirmed it 5 separate times. Using the app yields the same results even with TouchID.
Old May 17, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I am trying from this morning to search for flights on BA.com.
Every search ends with:
Error
Sorry, there's a problem with our systems. Please try again, and if it still doesn't work, you might want to try again later or call +44 844 493 0787
I tried GB/BE/LU pages, cleared cookies, changed browser... and still the error.

If what I wanted was available on AA I would have booked already with them...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.