Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Apr 17, 2017, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
I'm getting the same Bad Request page as the above, but when I try to search for flights+car holidays, or customise your trip.

(In Firefox, and with cookie-stripping VPN switched off or on)
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:35 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by jfknight

Happens on all payment cards tried. Cleared cookies too, no different.

Useless.
Hello,

Im really sorry this seems to happen to allow your cards , have you tried again recently there was a huge issue with the site last week and I do believe a payment issue.
IF still not working DM me your account details and I will look into it for you

regards

Gavin
Old Apr 18, 2017, 1:38 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by DeanB
I'm getting the same Bad Request page as the above, but when I try to search for flights+car holidays, or customise your trip.

(In Firefox, and with cookie-stripping VPN switched off or on)
hi Dean,

can you try again, we have had some major issues recently , if still not working can you DM me your details and we will investigate.

regards

Gavin
Old Apr 18, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
In MMB, the links to car rental images are broken as per

The reason is very simple: someone fat-fingered the mechanism that serves those images over a secure (HTTPS) connection and added an extra S that has meant that they cannot be shown (definitely very secure ).

*facepalm*

Last edited by techie; Apr 18, 2017 at 3:38 am
Old Apr 18, 2017, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA
Still problems with AARP discount AARP verified its BA glitch

AARP verified that their discount is not properly applied to some fares, particularly WTP fares and have communicated to contact at BA. It is still not working properly. Anyone else having this issue?
Old Apr 19, 2017, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Oneworld
Here's one:

I have a flight booked GIG-LHR-GIG in December. I have just changed the return leg to a later date and the system automatically selected the same held seats on the new flight some 10 days later. However, the seats on the unaffected/unchanged outbound flight were somehow moved to a random part of the cabin. I had to go into MMB to re-select the seats that I had held previously.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 11:05 am

Programs: BA Executive
I checked in and got my boarding passes on the BA app last night and got my boarding passes on my app. This morning (about 10 hours later) I get a notification on the BA app to check in. I go to BA.com and my booking has the "Check In Now" button available/visible. I can't tell if I'm checked in or not !
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:52 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
Here's one:

I have a flight booked GIG-LHR-GIG in December. I have just changed the return leg to a later date and the system automatically selected the same held seats on the new flight some 10 days later. However, the seats on the unaffected/unchanged outbound flight were somehow moved to a random part of the cabin. I had to go into MMB to re-select the seats that I had held previously.
Hi,

that's is very strange behaviour, the system should keep the flights you had already booked, can you send me your PNR via DM and I will look into this.

regards

Gavin
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:54 am
Company Representative

The system should keep the seats that you had already booked I meant to say .
Old Apr 20, 2017, 6:56 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by BrianWBrazil
Here's one:

hi, sorry if this has come up twice there seems to be something wrong with my settings for this site today, any way please send me pnr via dm for the booking and we will investigate.

regards

Gavin
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Hi,

The 'Find Reward Flights' button on the first page of the 'My Executive Club' section after logging returns an error 'Sorry, there seems to be a technical problem. Please try again in a few minutes, and please contact us if it still doesn't work.'.

Thanks.
Attached Images   
Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
paid for seat selection resetting after payment taken

As posted elsewhere. Odd behaviour after paid for seat selection.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ent-taken.html
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:34 am

I'm trying to cancel an avios flight, but every time I'm getting the same error. Anyone else having this issue? Am I not supposed to do this online? (I know I would have to pay the taxes). If I call BA, will they wave the admin/cancellation fee?
Attached Images  
Old Apr 22, 2017, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by StanStorby
I'm trying to cancel an avios flight, but every time I'm getting the same error. Anyone else having this issue? Am I not supposed to do this online? (I know I would have to pay the taxes). If I call BA, will they wave the admin/cancellation fee?
I've had this before and had to call to cancel it. I didn't getting charged the cancellation fee, just lost the taxes.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
The Reward Flight Finder hasn't been working for me at all. Tried on my laptop and tablet using Firefox, IE, Chrome and Safari.

I find that it is relatively easy to redeem Avios to European cities that BA mave multiple daily flights to as well as BOS and NYC but for anything else it is a bit of a bind. If you want to go anywhere in, say, January then the map would give you an indication of availability. Now there is nothing. Not even the reward Flight Finder. You have to trawl through the destinations individually.

baredemptionfinder.com used to be a really useful tool too but it seems that the information that it needs to work has stopped being supplied.

For all of Alex Cruz's talk about new technology, he really should ensure that the existing stuff works. Even ba.com was down for several hours recently.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.