Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by ken_1969
I gather getting stuck on BA's website in a never-ending "advanced passenger information" loop is nothing new from searching on here. Just got stuck in one for a flight tomorrow - unable to check-in as it says I need to add API, but then it takes me to the API screen which says with a nice cheery green tick "Information completed!", giving me the tantalizing option "go to online check-in" only to be taken straight back to the "add passenger information" screen.

All this despite the fact that as a long-standing BA Executive Club bronze member my API data is of course all on my profile anyway.

Not just a browser error as it does the same thing in Chrome, IE and the BA app.

Seems like every single time I book a flight with BA there is some problem or other that ends up with me spending time on the phone with BA support. If not for the 100k avios I still have to spend I'd never fly with them again.
Try 'adding' the API on iberia.com, then go back to ba.com
Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:23 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Virgin Flying Club Red, Swiss M&M Blue
Why when I select my flights do I get prices of Ł87 and Ł88 but opn the next page the total is Ł200?

Been happening for a few days and on different devices.
Attached Images   

Last edited by dobba; Jul 20, 2016 at 5:42 am
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by dobba
Why when I select my flights do I get prices of Ł87 and Ł88 but opn the next page the total is Ł200?
The prices on the Fare Explorer are not firm quotes, but estimates of the attributable half round-trip price after adding TFC to the fare.

What seems to be happening here is something often seen on routes where you can start from or end at more than one airport for a city: the estimating process isn't done very well because the different levels of TFC for the different airports isn't properly taken into account.

I suspect that what has happened here is something along the following lines: The "Ł87" and "Ł88" estimates have been calculated using LGW TFC because LON-EDI is a route that's operated from all three airports, even though you have actually limited your search to LCY, and that those TFC (if added to the actual LCY-EDI-LCY base fare of Ł122) would produce a notional total of Ł168.41 instead of the total of Ł200.51 using actual LCY TFC. That's then been halved and rounded somehow to give you "Ł87" and "Ł88".
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Virgin Flying Club Red, Swiss M&M Blue
Thanks and understood but I do see similar issues if I choose LGW. Two flights at Ł50 then totals Ł119. So something just seems very wrong to me.

Originally Posted by Globaliser
The prices on the Fare Explorer are not firm quotes, but estimates of the attributable half round-trip price after adding TFC to the fare.

What seems to be happening here is something often seen on routes where you can start from or end at more than one airport for a city: the estimating process isn't done very well because the different levels of TFC for the different airports isn't properly taken into account.

I suspect that what has happened here is something along the following lines: The "Ł87" and "Ł88" estimates have been calculated using LGW TFC because LON-EDI is a route that's operated from all three airports, even though you have actually limited your search to LCY, and that those TFC (if added to the actual LCY-EDI-LCY base fare of Ł122) would produce a notional total of Ł168.41 instead of the total of Ł200.51 using actual LCY TFC. That's then been halved and rounded somehow to give you "Ł87" and "Ł88".
Old Jul 21, 2016, 3:55 am

Reward searches with connections search is falling over - it asks for the choice of stopover or no stopover, then gets stuck in a cycle saying that "There was a problem with your request, please try again later."

Good 'ol BA IT
Old Jul 21, 2016, 4:05 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Me too. Website and app both broken when doing reward searches.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 5:16 am

Programs: Lufthansa , British Airways, IHG, Hilton, Marriott
Hi,

Could I bring a problem to your attention with MMB. I am a corporate /marine travel agent and am finding an issue with the system

We make bookings in Amadeus and everything is good
Passengers are adding there BA card and its adding there contact details incorrectly into your system.

UK Number for example 07881234567. It is going into the booking as
Russia +7 and 881234567 as the mobile

Passengers aren't getting the emails for cancellations and delays etc.

So far I have audited about 50 bookings on MMB and have found 5 to be effected. Its trying to send messages to Russia rather than the UK.

I have seen a few people complain on the forums about lack of SMS alerts and believe this may be effecting people.

Thanks

Barry
Old Jul 21, 2016, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by bazza1603
Hi,

Could I bring a problem to your attention with MMB. I am a corporate /marine travel agent and am finding an issue with the system

Passengers are adding there BA card and its adding there contact details incorrectly into your system.

So far I have audited about 50 bookings on MMB and have found 5 to be effected. Its trying to send messages to Russia rather than the UK.

I have seen a few people complain on the forums about lack of SMS alerts and believe this may be effecting people.

Thanks

Barry
I always have an issue with the phone number if i start it with 07, or 7 it always states that my number is in the wrong format
Old Jul 21, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: Lufthansa , British Airways, IHG, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by aidy
I always have an issue with the phone number if i start it with 07, or 7 it always states that my number is in the wrong format
I don't have access to clients accounts to check what there BA membership profiles are set as. Not sure if the +44 section has been set or not...
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:21 pm
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Tier point calculator doesn't recognise LHR-INN, and MMB seems to struggle too - it says I'm only earning 5 TPs for LHR-INN/BSL-LHR open jaw trip, when I expected 10.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 2:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dsf
Tier point calculator doesn't recognise LHR-INN, and MMB seems to struggle too - it says I'm only earning 5 TPs for LHR-INN/BSL-LHR open jaw trip, when I expected 10.
It is a new route which was only recently announced and isn't due to start until December. The TP and avios usually get updated a few months prior to the route starting. My MMB also currently says 0 for LHR-INN but I am not concerned and I am sure it will get updated in due course prior to my flight.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: AA EXP.
i keep getting this error under manage my booking

Error
There was a problem with your request, please try again later.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:52 am

Tried changing my BAEC password in the Manage My Account/Personal Details page, and it insists on using my email address as my username, even though I uncheck that box. I don't want to use my email as a username, and I haven't been able to change my password as a result of this bug.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:51 pm

Any news on when the "Spending Avios" section will be working? It must be 3 months now since the Explorer Map has been down and the Flight Finder isn't working either.

The lack of these two important tools make it difficult to identify reward availability and therefore a barrier exists that prevents customers from using hard-earned Avios.

Thanks.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by bazza1603
Hi,

Thanks

Barry
Happens to me a lot too. Even thought my mobile is set as UK +44 7, It often drops the +44 and thinks it's a Russian number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.