Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old May 13, 2016, 7:31 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by JFSV
I am getting issues when trying to reset my password...This has been happening since yesterday I am afraid
Hi JFSV,

Are you able to send us a PM with the issues you're getting with resetting your password?

Thanks
Janel
Old May 13, 2016, 7:39 am
Company Representative

Thanks sipples, that's very helpful.

Will be in touch.

Janel

Originally Posted by sipples
Same here in Singapore. BA's Web site is blocking all inbound requests from this IP address or range of IP addresses, it appears.

I've already ruled out other potential causes: IPv6, something client-specific, etc. For example, coming in via a VPN works with nothing else changed. Southwest.com has the same problem albeit with an "Access Denied" return message instead. If BA.com and Southwest.com share the same hosting provider (or some aspect of such), that's a clue.

I've reported the problem to the ISP, but what can they do about it? Their pipe is obviously working (see above re: VPN). BA.com is returning a Web page, after all, just not a very welcoming one. And the whole Web is working. I also called that +44 number and tried to file a problem report or to speak with somebody who knows how Web pages work (and don't), but, naturally, nobody answering that phone number has any idea how to handle such calls. If you're going to display an error message and ask somebody to call it'd be nice if the people answering the phone know what to do.

Update: Yes, BA.com doesn't like at least on incoming IP address. I was able to change that IP address through a non-VPN method, and BA.com likes the new address. Southwest.com still doesn't, so these two Web sites are blocking different ranges. I kept a record of the blocked IP address if anybody from BA wants to contact me offline.
Old May 13, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Reminds me - one little niggle I have is the tabbing when you get the full-screen login (as opposed to the normal login on the top right of the home screen).

On the home screen at the top right, you just enter BAEC number, tab, then password.

On the full-screen login, if you do that, you get the "forgotten password" prompt and can end up typing in your password in full view without really looking.

Kind of frustrating
Old May 13, 2016, 10:00 am
Company Representative

Post Issue with blocked IP addresses

I have an update from our support team, and am able to shed some light on the situation.

As you know in the past couple of weeks, we have had intermittent issues with the website. In response to this, the security of our customers data is our primary concern.

Therefore at the start of the week we put new measures in place to try and block malicious attacks to our website. As with any new process, it needs fine tuning. We apologise for anyone who has been incorrectly blocked and unable to use our site.

The good news is we have sent updated instructions to our contact centres, so from next week if you can provide the IP address theyre coming from, we will be able whitelist the address. Until the contact centre gets fully acquainted with this new process, please PM me your IP address, and I can get it whitelisted for you.

Thanks again for your understanding,
Janel
Old May 13, 2016, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by BA.com Official
I have an update from our support team, and am able to shed some light on the situation.

As you know in the past couple of weeks, we have had intermittent issues with the website. In response to this, the security of our customers data is our primary concern.

Therefore at the start of the week we put new measures in place to try and block malicious attacks to our website. As with any new process, it needs fine tuning. We apologise for anyone who has been incorrectly blocked and unable to use our site.

The good news is we have sent updated instructions to our contact centres, so from next week if you can provide the IP address theyre coming from, we will be able whitelist the address. Until the contact centre gets fully acquainted with this new process, please PM me your IP address, and I can get it whitelisted for you.

Thanks again for your understanding,
Janel
Blocking ranges of IP Addresses to help block malicious attacks. I think you need to update your '90s infrastructure!

Thanks for the info though. Can you clarify that asking for any IP address (thinking of hotel WIFI etc.) will, on request, be allowed?
Old May 14, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Gold
I'm having trouble changing seats for my upcoming reservation. I'm BA silver, and am able to open the seatmap, but when I save the changes I get this message:

Sorry, we are unable to process your request. Please contact your local British Airways office.

The problem seems to begin at the T-72 mark. I read that there were similar issues but these had been resolved. Is that the case?
Old May 14, 2016, 3:12 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
A link to a discussion on a possible seat selection bug:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...departure.html
Old May 14, 2016, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by littletiger
don't think it is a big deal but would be nice this can be fixed.

The system doesn't seem to populate the second airport in a less known city. Obviously there is no problem for london and tokyo etc. But it becomes a problem for less known cities/airports, for example, Taipei and Seoul.

Avios Calculator/Reward Availability/Book flights with Avios all have same problem. For example, i was trying to book a reward flight from Seoul to Tokyo (HND) with Japan Airline. When you type Seoul, only ICN is populated and no other choice is given. If you accept ICN and type in HND, you will find no flight. Japan airline actually flies from GMP (a less known airport in Seoul) to HND. If someone is familar with this route, he can type GMP directly and put HND as destination to book the reward ticket without any problem.

I think the system in the background recognises this airport (thus routes from/to this airport) but maybe there is missing link somewhere so BA.com only assumes there is one airport in Seoul. In addition, BA.com doesn't chagne to the other airport in the same city automatically.

Same goes for Taipei. Japan airline flies from less known airport (TSA) to HND and TSA is not a choice on BA.com. However the difference is if you type TPE (the only choice BA.com gives if taipei is typed), the website shows no flight from this city but it displays flights from TSA to HND automatically. Not sure why this cannot be done for GMP related routes.
In the Avios calculator, you can just type the city code (or the specific airport code) and then prevent it filling in the rest of the box by clicking away.

This actually works even if the web interface doesn't believe you.

For instance I just booked AEP-IGR even though BA.com thinks the only airport in BUE is EZE.

Whether this applies for revenue bookings I could not say.
Old May 14, 2016, 3:52 pm

There's a problem booking reward flights and mixing classes.

I chose "I want to break my journey and choose my stopovers" and try to book XXX-LHR-YYY with the connecting flight XXX-LHR in economy and LHR-YYY in First I get this message

Error
•Sorry, we cannot currently book the journey you have chosen. You may wish to reselect a different cabin, try again later, or call your service center.

(this has worked fine before)

If instead I choose
No, I want to continue without stopovers
there's no problem (I'll be booked into Club Europe on the connecting flights, which I don't want)
Old May 14, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi Tiger_lily.....thanks for the feedback. ba.com will shortly be updated with a new feature which allows packages to be booked where hotel is only needed for part of the trip. Take a look next week and tell us what you think.
In the meantime you can add a hotel to a flight only booking and vary the number of nights.
Simon
How I wish this had been available a week ago. It's just what was needed. Thank you.
Old May 16, 2016, 2:40 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Hi,
I have 2 long-standing gripes with BA.com (using Chrome on a Mac):
1. The login screen remembers my Exec no. but not my password
2. I get logged out after about 5 mins. Can this be stopped?
Thanks
Old May 16, 2016, 5:03 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by benmacd
I'm having trouble changing seats for my upcoming reservation. I'm BA silver, and am able to open the seatmap, but when I save the changes I get this message:

Sorry, we are unable to process your request. Please contact your local British Airways office.

The problem seems to begin at the T-72 mark. I read that there were similar issues but these had been resolved. Is that the case?
Hi,

if you are still encountering issues then you can PM your details to me and we can look into this for you.

thanks

Gavin
Old May 16, 2016, 5:05 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
There's a problem booking reward flights and mixing classes.

I chose "I want to break my journey and choose my stopovers" and try to book XXX-LHR-YYY with the connecting flight XXX-LHR in economy and LHR-YYY in First I get this message

Error
Sorry, we cannot currently book the journey you have chosen. You may wish to reselect a different cabin, try again later, or call your service center.

(this has worked fine before)

If instead I choose
No, I want to continue without stopovers
there's no problem (I'll be booked into Club Europe on the connecting flights, which I don't want)
Hi,

If you would like to PM the exact details of this issue to us we can then look into this for you.

regards

Gavin
Old May 16, 2016, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Isn't this like pretty much every other login? Most that I've come across will only remember the user name but not the password.
Old May 16, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Hi,
I have 2 long-standing gripes with BA.com (using Chrome on a Mac):
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Isn't this like pretty much every other login? Most that I've come across will only remember the user name but not the password.
Chrome can store logins in the cloud (http://passwords.google.com) and will fill in user names and passwords. BA.com isn't going to be 'remembering' the password for quick login, but Chrome can - what I've noticed though is that Chrome will often fill in my BAEC number, but not my password (I don't have BA.com 'remember me' turned on, as I handle my wife's account too). This is probably more of a Chrome issue than a BA.com one - but it might somehow be due to the layout of the login form, where Chrome can't immediately see the password field?

Lolbert - if you're using Google to store your passwords, click in the prepopulated field with your membership number, see if it gives you the option to 'use password for xxx' which then, sometimes, populates the password field...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.