Qualifying flights question

Old Jan 3, 15, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Qualifying flights question

Hi there,
A quick question - I have enough tier points to renew my silver, just missing the 4 flights. By the time I reach my end of year I should have enough points to reach gold (with a number of cx and qr flights) - but will I have to do 4 qualifying flights to renew my silver, and then another 4 ba flights to get the gold also?

thanks for any advice.
Old Jan 3, 15, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson Gold
you will need 4 qualifying flights within your membership year to attain the status. If you have enough tier points at the end of your membership year to be gold then you just need to 4 qualifying flights once
Old Jan 3, 15, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, TK Elite, Hilton Gold, Miles and More
I have a question: Do I need the 4 flights on top of the flights for Bronze or just a total of 4 flights? Because my cockpit in the App suggests I need 4 on top...
Old Jan 3, 15, 7:23 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by Willi90 View Post
I have a question: Do I need the 4 flights on top of the flights for Bronze or just a total of 4 flights? Because my cockpit in the App suggests I need 4 on top...
No, not on top.

Just four in your membership year.

Do you have the iPhone app? Mine clearly says "4 flights completed" but I'm unsure if the displaying is different on other platforms.
Old Jan 3, 15, 7:24 am

It should be 4 qualifying flights - not 6 (2 for bronze + 4 for silver) - it's just 4.

Are you sure you've taken any qualifying flights?
Old Jan 3, 15, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata, TK Elite, Hilton Gold, Miles and More
I am pretty sure. Any flight on BA is a qualifying flight, correct? I have flown a total of 6 on BA metal and some more on AA metal but under BA code, and of course some AA/AA, which do not qualify
Old Jan 3, 15, 7:32 am

Let me correct myself: any revenue flight
Old Jan 3, 15, 7:39 am

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
There seems to be an error in the app. As soon as you get to a new tier it resets the flights completed part.
Old Jan 3, 15, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by DaveNCL View Post
There seems to be an error in the app. As soon as you get to a new tier it resets the flights completed part.
OK thank you, this calms me down a bit

But the error does not result in the tier not changing to Silver and me having to inquire I hope?
Old Jan 3, 15, 8:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, Aadvantage now dormant
The iPhone app has missing tier points and qualifying flights for me. I checked on the regular website and android app which are both showing the correct info.

Hope that helps.

Search this Thread