Sydney - is First Exec Club still the Qantas one??

Old Jan 3, 15, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Sydney - is First Exec Club still the Qantas one??

Coming out if Sydney to LHR soon in First - is the Qantas First lounge still the appointed BA lounge for First?

Also any idea what the catering is like these days out of Sydney (and then Singapore ) - or should we fill out boots at the Sydney Qantas lounge ??!!
Old Jan 3, 15, 4:54 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-S; HH-D
Yes, it is still the Qantas First lounge for BA F pax. I passed through in spring and found it to be a really excellent lounge with top notch food. You'd do well to eat there since whatever the menu, food on the ground will be better than in the air.

My recollection is that food ex-SIN was better than ex-SYD, but that might have been menu-related. However, if you are indeed travelling 'soon' then email YouFirst and ask them to forward the menus for your flights so that you can plan ahead.

Whatever you eat, enjoy the trip - a whole day in an F cabin makes for quite a bit of chill-time!
Old Jan 3, 15, 4:57 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dealmaker33 View Post
Coming out if Sydney to LHR soon in First - is the Qantas First lounge still the appointed BA lounge for First?

Also any idea what the catering is like these days out of Sydney (and then Singapore ) - or should we fill out boots at the Sydney Qantas lounge ??!!
1. Yes.

2. BA Singapore lounge might be a bit of a disappointment after Sydney. All personal opinion. So look in at both BA and Qantas Lounge which most agree is better. If you want to eat much more/better than either lounge then consider:

Secret to eating like a local (& cheaply) at Changi Airport

The Staff Canteen at Changi Airport: Singapore

This is where we go to instead of F lounges .....
Old Jan 3, 15, 5:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by uk1 View Post
Nice. I'll be checking them out next month. Great blog, btw.

Search this Thread