Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways Flyertalk Do's - 2015 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
2015 Do Calendar

Next Confirmed Do:

Previous Do's this year:
Oxford Do - Saturday 28 February. Host: OxfordBlue
Honolulu Do - 4 April Host: atmorris
Leeds Do - 18 April Host: KARFA
Edinburgh Do - 16 May. Host: PETER01
Milan DO - Saturday 6 June. Host: themapelligroup
Jersey Do - 11 July. Host: T8191
BA 747-400 at Heathrow Do - 2 October. Host: KARFA
London Do - 30 October. Host: chris1979

Confirmed Do's for 2015:
London Do - 11 December Host: chris1979

Proposed Do's for 2016 (created Nov 2015)

Edinburgh - May/September TBC - PETER01

List of upcoming proposed Do's:
Potential Newcastle or North of England Do - Late August (or other times not in conflict with other Dos) - please indicate interest by posting in this thread. Host: Stez
Potential Manchester Do - Summer?? - please indicate interest by posting in this thread. Host: DYKWIA
Others? (please post them here!)

Note to organisers: don't forget to cross post your Do threads in the CommunityBuzz forum.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:15 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

This thread is the master list and Wiki for the legendary BAEC Do's.

The discussion from 2014 is here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...er-thread.html

Last edited by Prospero; Jan 3, 2015 at 10:00 am
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:39 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
thanks for creating the 2015 thread, CWS.

I think any Mykonos (JMK) DO would be a joint effort between a few of us (Jamier45 and Filthy Monkey spring to mind) but we can cross that bridge when we get there. Anyone interested in this, please indicate here. The idea came off the back of the launch of LCY - JMK.

I think an AMS DO could be a good idea given that's the origin of many trips and I am sure dutch_122 could help / support in arranging (I think he enjoy the London DO he attended).

Further, we seem to have had at least one "big" London DO in the last few years (with the help of quite a few on here) so I propose we continue that 'tradition' (over and above any other 'easier to arrange' DOs (the London Christmas one springs to mind though we had 60 odd FTers down to attend and at least a good 2/3s of those were actually there)). Happy to be involved again in that one / help.

There are of course many "impromptu DOs" (I think all it takes is 2 FTers getting together) which I've personally enjoyed (ones that immediately spring to mind are lounges in CDG and LAX; Miami South Beach with Filthy and Ms Monkey during a 4 hour stop-over; bumping into Billinghamn on HNL - PHX - JFK and there was of course our very own FT Come-Dine-With-Me between Filthy and RXFleming. May all of those great encounters continue for 2015 and for those "US Gateway" / HNL trips, there's of course the "en route" meet-up thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...p-run-not.html )

I look forward to meeting many existing FT friends and equally many new faces at various FT DOs throughout the year and personally looking forward to young KARFA showing us the delights of "up North" at the LBA DO.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
I just might try attend a few more now that im 45TP away from bronze... And likely to hit silver with my current leisure travel plans.

Would be lovely to meet up again with the nice folks i met at the London Xmas do...
WetWetWet oops... WadeWadeWade, yes and FilthyMonkey... Gabriel of 103 countries and IrishPharmacist.... And I better not forget KARFA
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by chris1979
... I think an AMS DO could be a good idea given that's the origin of many trips and I am sure dutch_122 could help / support in arranging (I think he enjoy the London DO he attended)...
The Lady Tobias and I were actually discussing this very idea at the Aberdeen DO, something we'd be very happy to help arrange/host.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The Lady Tobias and I were actually discussing this very idea at the Aberdeen DO, something we'd be very happy to help arrange/host.
great.

did you have a time of year / date in mind?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Mykonos sounds interesting... What sort of thing did you have in mind? If nothing else it would be a handy way to remove Greece from the list of European countres I haven't been to yet (said list currently being long enough to keep us in DOs for a couple of years - presuming BA were generous enough to offer us flights to Kosovo and Moldova of course).
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by chris1979
great.

did you have a time of year / date in mind?
Not as yet, my travel needs haven't yet fully established themselves. My diary is getting very full Jan to Mid-April, a couple of weeks in May and then early June to end August ... so far! Best bet is September time, I usually have a couple of weeks then where I don't need to travel so there's a good starting point.

The Lady Tobias and I would also be happy to help organise a DO in Las Vegas pehaps in October/November.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by exilencfc
Mykonos sounds interesting... What sort of thing did you have in mind?
Basically I'd plan to go for a week and catch some sun, drink lots and enjoy the time spent with other FTers. Even better in a holiday situation where people aren't thinking about catching flights home! Imagine the TR from that!

The Lady Tobias and I would also be happy to help organise a DO in Las Vegas pehaps in October/November.
This would be interesting and could also form into a TP run. DUB-HEL-LHR//LCY-JFK-LAS-HNL-PHX-JFK-LCY//LHR-HEL-DUB?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Jamier45
... This would be interesting and could also form into a TP run. DUB-HEL-LHR//LCY-JFK-LAS-HNL-PHX-JFK-LCY//LHR-HEL-DUB?
You have an open invitation to visit us in Vegas anytime, son ^
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:04 pm

You have an open invitation to visit us in Vegas anytime, son ^
I shall be there in January! and maybe even February!
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:06 pm

I shall be there in January! and maybe even February!
Oh yes, looking forward to it ^
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Basically I'd plan to go for a week and catch some sun, drink lots and enjoy the time spent with other FTers. Even better in a holiday situation where people aren't thinking about catching flights home! Imagine the TR from that!
Easier to write a TR when you can remember the trip

I don't think I have the time or the liver for a week's worth but if something does develop I will see if I can manage a few days - flight schedules permitting of course.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by exilencfc
Easier to write a TR when you can remember the trip

I don't think I have the time or the liver for a week's worth but if something does develop I will see if I can manage a few days - flight schedules permitting of course.
I believe that's because you are only Blue so don't drink your bodies worth of alcohol for free in the lounge each time
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I eagerly look forward to the London do, whenever that may be, and added a London line to the wiki.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
If Vegas, baby, is on, I'm already booked for November 7th. However I am only travelling in WTP on the direct flight from LHR, so seriously remiss in terms of tier points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.