Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways Flyertalk Do's - 2015 master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
2015 Do Calendar

Next Confirmed Do:

Previous Do's this year:
Oxford Do - Saturday 28 February. Host: OxfordBlue
Honolulu Do - 4 April Host: atmorris
Leeds Do - 18 April Host: KARFA
Edinburgh Do - 16 May. Host: PETER01
Milan DO - Saturday 6 June. Host: themapelligroup
Jersey Do - 11 July. Host: T8191
BA 747-400 at Heathrow Do - 2 October. Host: KARFA
London Do - 30 October. Host: chris1979

Confirmed Do's for 2015:
London Do - 11 December Host: chris1979

Proposed Do's for 2016 (created Nov 2015)

Edinburgh - May/September TBC - PETER01

List of upcoming proposed Do's:
Potential Newcastle or North of England Do - Late August (or other times not in conflict with other Dos) - please indicate interest by posting in this thread. Host: Stez
Potential Manchester Do - Summer?? - please indicate interest by posting in this thread. Host: DYKWIA
Others? (please post them here!)

Note to organisers: don't forget to cross post your Do threads in the CommunityBuzz forum.
Print Wikipost

British Airways Flyertalk Do's - 2015 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by KARFA
Actually Jamier45 you have reminded me I shoudl think about dates for a Leeds Do. Looking at my calendar and also the other Do's already being organised (I don't want to organise too closely to another Do), it seems possible dates are:

11/12 April
18/19 April

If I don't do it in April the next potential weekends are in August.
Neither work and since I promised to come and visit you up north, new list please.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Jamier45
Any further on if we are going to get a Mykonos DO happening now it's 2015 and all.
Weren't you go hosting? Ask KARFA about the duties of a co host ;-)
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979
Neither work and since I promised to come and visit you up north, new list please.
Ok, well I guess should I wish to make it possible for you to attend it would have to be any of:

• 8/9 August
  • 15/16 August
  • 22/23 August

Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I'm up for a Leeds Do as long as there are no gatecrashers like the last one where 2 drunk females thought our food was free!

A £1 'fee' by all those attending means we can employ a Bouncer for the night
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
...like the last one where 2 drunk females thought our food was free!
Sounds like I need to get myself to a do...
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:21 am

I'm up for a Leeds Do as long as there are no gatecrashers like the last one where 2 drunk females thought our food was free!

Sadly I missed you "having a word" with them. We can't go there again anyway since it is closed down! I am sure I can find somewhere better this time.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: BA gold
I wonder if another far north of England Do is in order? I've had people pestering me to sort something out in and around Newcastle, my difficulty is that I just don't know when I will be home, but mabye late August is a possibility.

An idea to throw out there.. Last time we (CWS and I) held it in a gastropub within spitting distance of NCL and I felt afterwards that it is a shame people didn't really get to venture beyond a mile of the airport, so perhaps somewhere in city centre Newcastle within easy reach of a Metro Station, or go all out and go to Holy Island of Lindisfarne and/or Bamburgh (people would need to organise their own transport; eg car hire). However, I appreciate the fact that there was a certain appeal to have it right on the airport doorstep with the Hilton nearby as it take the headache out of planning for those who are new to the area.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by hcuk94
Sounds like I need to get myself to a do...
Ha! No, these 2 freeloaders were not in our party, which they knew and I chased them away (although I think my Old Spice aftershave did the trick )

Sadly I missed you "having a word" with them. We can't go there again anyway since it is closed down! I am sure I can find somewhere better this time.
The last venue was quite good I thought
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:29 am

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
Id be up for a Leeds do, seen as though i work in leeds but thankfully escape each evening back to Sunny Sheffield
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Stez
I wonder if another far north of England Do is in order? I've had people pestering me to sort something out in and around Newcastle, my difficulty is that I just don't know when I will be home, but mabye late August is a possibility.
Stay away from my dates

My potential Leeds Do has been slipping further in to 2015 due to the number of other Do's being organised - I don't remember so many being done in one year! I need to start a thread soon tbh.

An idea to throw out there.. Last time we (CWS and I) held it in a gastropub within spitting distance of NCL and I felt afterwards that it is a shame people didn't really get to venture beyond a mile of the airport, so perhaps somewhere in city centre Newcastle within easy reach of a Metro Station, or go all out and go to Holy Island of Lindisfarne and/or Bamburgh (people would need to organise their own transport; eg car hire)
I would agree, I think part of it is a chance to see and/or go out in the city rather than just stay near an airport. As the metro goes from the airport in to the city centre it is easy to do.

Last edited by KARFA; Feb 1, 2015 at 8:50 am
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:36 am

Programs: BA gold
Stay away from my dates
Ooops, sorry KARFA! I just looked at the wiki and saw yours was in June. However if there is a conflict, I can reschedule, or if people favour the Leeds Do, that's equally fine by me; just a pie-in-the-sky idea at the moment.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:40 am

Ooops, sorry KARFA! I just looked at the wiki and saw yours was in June. However if there is a conflict, I can reschedule, or if people favour the Leeds Do, that's equally fine by me; just a pie-in-the-sky idea at the moment.
I was joking so no need for an apology. It was supposed to be possibly June but I don't like to organise a Do which would mean two in one month - I think that might be a bit of a Do overload but it is my own self-imposed rule rather than one set by the Do Committee. I will update the wiki as it seems my possible April dates are not ok for some so it will be one of the three weekends I noted in August.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Definitely fancy the Leeds do!
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by chris1979
Weren't you go hosting? Ask KARFA about the duties of a co host ;-)
Nope, you're the host of that Do as noted on the wiki. The wiki is all knowing.
Old Feb 1, 2015, 8:49 am

Ok, well I guess should I wish to make it possible for you to attend it would have to be any of:

• 8/9 August
  • 15/16 August
  • 22/23 August

can only do 8/9 August but that can definitely work (travelling the other two).

drunk females / individuals eating food? sounds like they were DO attendees?

An idea to throw out there.. Last time we (CWS and I) held it in a gastropub within spitting distance of NCL and I felt afterwards that it is a shame people didn't really get to venture beyond a mile of the airport, so perhaps somewhere in city centre Newcastle within easy reach of a Metro Station, or go all out and go to Holy Island of Lindisfarne and/or Bamburgh (people would need to organise their own transport; eg car hire). However, I appreciate the fact that there was a certain appeal to have it right on the airport doorstep with the Hilton nearby as it take the headache out of planning for those who are new to the area.
I was in NCL for the first time ever on Thursday and it was surprisingly pretty (from the plane, approaching the airport).

I was in a 6 hour meeting / visit to a place that has no windows in Gateshead so I didn't see anything of NCL but the approach was rather pretty and pictoresque. So I'd be up for that.

Adding to 'date crowding', I / we need to get a few suggestions for the annual London DO (Summer DO) in the diary. Filthy Monkey has volunteered to help organsing it (and possibly even more) so I shall liaise with him and get a few dates drawn up.

historically, it was the first weekend in June though we'll need to see how that fits in the calendar of DOs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.