Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2015, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR Terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey. Click here to see the former thread, which covered that turbulent period.

The T3 lounge is identical to T5 in terms of food and drink options. However there is no Concorde Room in T3 so from 18:30 hrs there is a pre-flight dining option for First travellers, see here for more details.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. Currently lounge menus are not always on display in the lounge, but this link may be your best bet to see the options.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2015 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounges LHR: Dining menu and food options from 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T3 and T5
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - T1 international flights

For the First and Club lounges in Gatwick and the UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Belfast, Leeds, and Aberdeen
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread) - see
post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangements from April 2013 (n.b. no separate 2014 or 2015 thread)

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover in 2013
New lounge catering contract: BaxterStorey replaces Compass - effective 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - note from BA Executive Club.

BA Champagne & Wine thread
The 2015 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The LHR CCR cocktail menu - cocktail menu introduced May 2014

Archived food & drink threads
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2014
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR: menus 2013
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2014 - T3 and T5
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5
The 2014 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
The 2013 BA Champagne & Wine Thread - covers LHR & LGW lounges and in the air
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mookie10
Updated Bought To Table Noon To Close Menu From Visit Today:

Mains:
Soup Of The Day
Sea Salt Bagel
BA Burger
Chicken Tagine
Crayfish Salad
Macaroni Cheese

Ice Creams:
Chocolate
Vanilla

Cheeses:
Somerset Camembert
Coastal Cheddar
Bleu D'Auvergne
Apple & Somerset Cider Brandy Chutney
Bath Oliver Biscuits
This menu does look pretty disappointing...
Old Jun 3, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by BA0197

Also anyone know if they are changing the menus any time soon for GC at LHR. I am really getting tired of plain pasta with peas
The menu's in GC changed slightly in April, although still fairly similar food types as you suggest. For lunch and dinner hot offerings, the following were removed:

Italian hunters chicken
Butternut and coconut dahl (Indian Summer Stew)
Marinara penne pasta

and replaced with:

Malaysian tomato chicken
Shepherdess pie
Primervera penne pasta

The soups were changes that were implemented were slightly more prominent, changing 7 out of 10 varieties. You now get the choice of 2 between:

Potato, tomato and smoked paprika
Spiced root vegetable
Cream of tomato
Parsnip and red chilli
Leek and potato soup
Courgette, pea & pesto
Creole vegetable gumbo
Sambar dahl
Spicy tomato
Carrot & rhubarb

instead of:

Carrot and anise soup
Carrot, ginger and lime soup
Tomato soup
Tomato and red pepper soup
Mushroom soup
Parsnip and Red Chilli soup
Potato, tomato and smoked paprika soup
Pea soup
Spiced root vegetable soup
Red lentil soup
Old Jun 3, 2015, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by perthflyer
There was plenty of the 2006, just no Prelude. Maybe it was because of the time I was there (from 8pm-9pm)?
Unlike food or JWB, I don't think Prelude's presence is only limited to appropriate times of the day. Yet.

I found the 2006 is a tiny bit better, but I don't have much comparison because I got distracted by some lovely whites.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Back to the T3 Flounge still very quiet and great service. It may well be my favourite lounge at Heathrow (just missing the LPGS).

Good chicken tajine, bland rice and very fresh crayfish salad.

Maybe just a bit light but I read here they have some nice dumplings in the Cathay lounge? ;-)
Old Jun 4, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Food in the CX F lounge is brilliant. I always stop off there first before going to the BA lounge. Looking forward to going back there in 2 weeks!
Old Jun 4, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by stu1985
Food in the CX F lounge is brilliant. I always stop off there first before going to the BA lounge. Looking forward to going back there in 2 weeks!
You can't beat noodles.

And peace and quiet too! (Outside CX flight times anyway)
Old Jun 4, 2015, 10:59 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by stu1985
For my flights to Vienna and Helsinki I do the opposite. A few glasses of 2006 Taittinger in GF (a much cleaner and far more civilised lounge than the chav soup of T5) and then a mosey over to CX F for noodles by the big windows. When the gods are smiling on me, boarding is from the gate just below that lounge.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
What happened to the half decent sorbets that were around on the GF menu last November? I remember my better half glaring at me as I requested one just before our flight (in Y!) to BKK last Nov.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Jordan D
What happened to the half decent sorbets that were around on the GF menu last November? I remember my better half glaring at me as I requested one just before our flight (in Y!) to BKK last Nov.
They disappeared there and then, replaced by an innovative and original choice of vanilla or chocolate ice creams which has not changed since
Old Jun 4, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF NB
Originally Posted by paul4040
You can't beat noodles.

And peace and quiet too! (Outside CX flight times anyway)
Dan Dan noodles with a nice big Citadel G&T looking out of the big windows is a lovely way to wait for a flight!

The quality of the CX catering at LHR has got me excited for the lounges when I'm passing through HKG in August (especially since The Pier F will be reopened)
Old Jun 4, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by orbitmic
They disappeared there and then, replaced by an innovative and original choice of vanilla or chocolate ice creams which has not changed since
It must be against regulations to keep more than two flavours or types of ice cream on premises.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:05 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Originally Posted by aks120
Also, upstairs in the GC they do a quiche (well they did a few months ago when I last ventured up there) and I would love to see that in the GF. A bit of cold quiche with a baked potato would be a great evening dinner.

aks120
Thank you to whoever is listening - I had a slice of quiche with a salad this evening. Of course what you give with one hand you take away with the other - no baked potato anymore however I can live with that!

The nut roast looks particulalry unappetising - in fact it looks like a christmas pudding to me!

The fishcake is back and quite tasty and there is always the 'safe' chilli.

The chocolate caramel torte is delicious - but onyl cheddar and no biscuits!

Nothing to complain about tonight - whether you listened to me or it was a coincidence, I am pleased with the current offerings.

aks120
Old Jun 5, 2015, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by aks120
The nut roast looks particulalry unappetising
Yep, saw it the other day, looked absolutely ghastly. I felt very thankful that I am not a vegetarian.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

The salted caramel chocolate tortes are very good. Had two yesterday along with the stroganoff. And there was a seat in the dining area too!

Amazing.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by paul4040
The salted caramel chocolate tortes are very good. Had two yesterday along with the stroganoff.

Amazing.
Totally agree! I also had two of those tortes thanks to a kind FTer who guested me in yesterday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.