Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The FT Milan DO - a moveable feast - Saturday 6 June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Please vote for the dates that best suit you (multiple selections possible)
Friday 29 May
34.78%
Saturday 30 May
52.17%
Friday 5 June
17.39%
Saturday 6 June
65.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 19, 2015, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: themapelligroup
Signore e signori, it's my great pleasure to invite you to the FT Milan DO 2015. Milan is Italy's second largest city, and this year the world will gather here for the EXPO. A city of history, culture, entertainment, food, art and genius. I hope you will enjoy the experience!

When:
Saturday 6th of June.

Where:
Aperitivo (18:00-19:45):
Sans Egal
Vicolo Fiori, 2, 20121 Milano
http://goo.gl/maps/Zbdrt
http://www.sansegal.it

Cena (20:00-onwards):
Osteria Stendhal
Via Ancona, 20121 Milano
http://goo.gl/maps/itg2o
http://www.osteriastendhal.it

Who:
Aldebaran
corporate-wage-slave
EI147
gypsyjaney + 1
haasha
hugolover + 1
maclover
nufnuf77
szentkeresztya
themapelligroup

Hotels:
Milan offers a large variety of hotels, from the top luxury ones to more compact ones, from historic to modern, the only problem is to choose one! Milan is well connected by metro, taxis, buses, trams and its relatively small in comparison to other major european cities. One can choose to stay in the traditional city centre among the Duomo, Central Station and Parco Sempione or the movida district near Garibaldi station and Corso Como. Navigli area in the southwest part of the city is a charming area which transforms itself at night. The EXPO will be held in Rho Fiera, in the east of the city, in case you decide to stay closer to the exposition area. As I mentioned it's very easy to get around in Milan.

Flights:
BA has an extensive network to Milan, with 9 flights a day, to both Linate (6 flights) and Malpensa (3 flights). For your information Alitalia, EasyJet and Ryanair (yes I said it) fly to Milan as well, in case you're in for trying something new .

Which airport?
Linate:
You can get to city center by bus (line 73, ticket fare: 1.50€) that brings you to San Babila Square.
Taxi fares may vary according to your final destination and most of all traffic, so I would contact your hotel to obtain average taxi fares.

Malpensa:
Malpensa Express train (ticket fare: 12€ one way): trains mostly to Milano Cadorna station (near the Castello Sforzesco), but some run to Central Station.
Malpensa Express coach (ticket fare: 10€ one way): the coach connects the airport with central station.
Taxi: very expensive (around 100€) to get to city center.

My preference usually is for Linate, it allows me to leave later because it's much closer and smaller than Malpensa. Boarding is always made through bus (very annoying) while in Malpensa it's usually from jet bridge. Lounges are both pretty good, galleries in LIN and contract in MXP (but very nice with amazing view of the alps).

Attractions:
There are so many things to do that it's difficult to list them all. A walk in Duomo Square and Galleria is a must for all the visitors, the city center is a beautiful example of italian architecture from various centuries: Castello Sforzesco is a marvelous testimony of Italian medieval heritage. A visit to The Last Supper by Leonardo is suggestive, though you need to book it well in advance. EXPO tickets can be already booked on the website, so in case you're going to visit it it's good to buy your ticket in advance. La Scala is one of the most famous opera theatre of the world, if you don't get the chance to get into for a Opera or Balletto the museum and tour is well worth a visit. If you're more inclined to sport, and for sport I mean football, a visit to San Siro Stadium is highly instructive on how legendary a football team can be and how hideous the other can be (I won't say who's who, but the good one wears the colours of the sky and the night ). Last but not least the world (in)famous Quadrilatero della moda, where all the amazing and super exclusive boutiques are located. A place where women can feel in heaven and men can see their credit cards emptied.
Print Wikipost

The FT Milan DO - a moveable feast - Saturday 6 June

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2015, 6:58 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
My thanks as well, themapelligroup for doing the organising and introducing us to some of your favourite watering holes in Milan. Sitting outside on a lovely summers evening drinking prosecco was a tough number, but it had to be done. It was good to meet some other FTers - including CWS - and TMG was an excellent host.
Old Jun 7, 2015, 3:27 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Indeed thank you, or Grazie mille, TMG, for organising such a wonderful evening and to all the other FTers (and 2x +1s) for great company and discussion.
Looking forward to Tehran'16. I suppose sometime at the end of April/beginning of May would be nice.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Let me add my thank you to all of you who came! It was a wonderful evening and I'm really happy we had this Do. As I said to me FT is more than an online forum, the opportunity to meet people, different in age and story from you, out of your inner circle is amazing.

I'm so glad you enjoy the night and the city, next Dos are Aberdeen and Jersey: unfortunately I won't be there, but eventually in Tehran making plans for next year one!
Old Jun 8, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I'm really not quite convinced about Tehran I'm afraid, (the black burkha thing does nothing for me) but I hope to see some of you in the lounges or at another do closer to home!
Old Jun 10, 2015, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Thanks, it was fun as usual and although I have been to a few Dos already, I have not met most of the Milan visitors before which made it even better.

^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.