Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2015, 2:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
Originally Posted by IMH
Yes. If it were me I wouldn't bother for a single LAX-LAS flight, but with more flights involved (including a TATL) it's probably worth the email or time on the phone.
I called them up, but they said that you only start receiving the Silver tier bonus when your account shows Silver, not when you pass 600TP. I was at 760TP when flew MIA-JFK-LCY on Tuesday but account has only changed to Silver today. Its not the end of the world, but 1138 Avios is always useful!
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan, BA blue
I have a flights scheduled on US air October 2 and 5th. My membership year ends October 8 2015. Will these flights credit to this year or next year. I need 50 TP to reach Bronze and am considering upgrading one of the segments to business class to earn the extra tps.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

The flights will credit to current membership year.

Be aware that the AA equivalent of promotional cash upgrades do not attract TPs or avios for the higher cabin - and I imagine US will be the same.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by oblender
I have a flights scheduled on US air October 2 and 5th. My membership year ends October 8 2015. Will these flights credit to this year or next year. I need 50 TP to reach Bronze and am considering upgrading one of the segments to business class to earn the extra tps.
Originally Posted by KARFA

Be aware that the AA equivalent of promotional cash upgrades do not attract TPs or avios for the higher cabin - and I imagine US will be the same.
As noted by Karfa, paying for an upgrade on US will not result in an increase in the tier points or avios credited to BA.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-credited.html
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA

However AA, and possibly US, will allow you to upgrade by purchasing a ticket for the higher class at the current price without charging the change fee if this is worth doing.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:38 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MrMutton
I called them up, but they said that you only start receiving the Silver tier bonus when your account shows Silver, not when you pass 600TP.
On searching a little more I found this report, which contradicts what I had understood (and told you!) by suggesting that flights on the same day as the 'tipping point' flight will not attract a tier bonus. Still seems wrong to me (but not worth fighting for a few hundred Avios).
Old Aug 16, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: EBG, FBG, SPG Gold, CC Gold, etc.
I am looking to sign up for the BA Amex and understand that both parties can benefit from a referral sign-up. Could anyone help me with this? Cheers.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by IMH
On searching a little more I found this report, which contradicts what I had understood (and told you!) by suggesting that flights on the same day as the 'tipping point' flight will not attract a tier bonus. Still seems wrong to me (but not worth fighting for a few hundred Avios).
I had a similar issue recently; I faxed BAEC costumer service with my inquiry and they credited everything that was missing from the moment I passed 600 TP. In fact they recalculated a EZE-MAD-TLV trip since I reached Silver after the EZE-MAD leg and for the MAD-TLV leg I already received the Silver bonus. I was quite impressed, I must say.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 8:10 am
IMH

Originally Posted by ophir_mm
[...] they credited everything that was missing from the moment I passed 600 TP.
That's more like it and seems to confirm that that's the way things should be. ^ Whether it's worth chasing/faxing will depend on what's at stake in each case.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Everest
I am looking to sign up for the BA Amex and understand that both parties can benefit from a referral sign-up. Could anyone help me with this? Cheers.
See your post in this thread (and the reply there):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...t-card-48.html
Old Aug 17, 2015, 7:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
Originally Posted by IMH
That's more like it and seems to confirm that that's the way things should be. ^ Whether it's worth chasing/faxing will depend on what's at stake in each case.
Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. In actual fact, I had a message from the BAEC on here asking for all the details and again this morning from Stacy to say that it had all been adjusted to ensure that flights after 300TP were credited with Bronze and after 600TP with Silver bonus. This suggests miles are awarded by TPs at the point of boarding not when status changes - definitely as it should be as you suggest!

Great pro-active work by the BAEC team here - nice to know they read and respond if/when they can!
Old Aug 17, 2015, 4:03 pm
IMH

Originally Posted by MrMutton
Great pro-active work by the BAEC team here
Indeed ^^ -- more power to them!
Old Aug 18, 2015, 7:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Price of Avios?

I'm contemplating a TP run to go for Gold. The main benefit (to be honest) would be the additional Avios - since I (silver) usually fly about 100k/yr in the lowest economy, this would amount to about an additional 50,000 Avios under the new regime. The cost for going for Gold is just under $1000/600UKP (540 TPs), so about 1p/Avios. Is it worth it?
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:23 am
IMH

Originally Posted by CKBA
this would amount to about an additional 50,000 Avios under the new regime. The cost for going for Gold is just under $1000/600UKP (540 TPs), so about 1p/Avios. Is it worth it?
At 1.2p per Avios most people would probably say no, so if additional Avios are the only benefit you value it doesn't sound like a great deal for you. Would it be possible to time a Gold run earlier in your (next) membership year, so that you enjoyed the status benefits for longer (and maybe earned an additional 70,000 or 80,000 Avios, rather than 'just' 50,000? If you place at least some value on being able to access better lounges and select better seats then it might just make sense.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 9:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks IMH - I have 4 months left this year, and three TATL-Europe flights - but under the new regime these will only earn me 50 TPs a trip (total 150 TPs). 300 TPs would do it before the end of the year, although it would mean waiting (and trying to schedule it in). If I do the TP run now I can have Gold for the three upcoming trips - and the upcoming year. I doubt that I would get sufficient TPs next year to reach Gold (yet alone Silver) with the new regime. As you mention, the other perks might sway my decision.

(Oh, and I forgot - the additional 2,500 Avios for booking the TP-run ticket - and the 12,000 Avios for the TP-run itself!).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.