Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Old Aug 18, 2015, 9:51 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by CKBA
I doubt that I would get sufficient TPs next year to reach Gold (yet alone Silver) with the new regime.
If you're not even likely to make Silver in future there's another argument in favour of going for Gold now: unless the rules change you'd get a "soft landing" to Silver, giving you an additional year with meaningful status.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Bronze
A bit of a simpleton question here..
At present I am bronze, after a trip in September I will be silver.

I have two trips planned in November and December (when I will be silver) which were booked when I was blue, the other at bronze.
Will I earn the silver tier bonus for these two trips or at the booking status?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 3:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
A bit of a simpleton question here..
At present I am bronze, after a trip in September I will be silver.

I have two trips planned in November and December (when I will be silver) which were booked when I was blue, the other at bronze.
Will I earn the silver tier bonus for these two trips or at the booking status?
You will earn the tier bonus that relates to your status at the time of the flight, so you will get the silver tier bonus for those two trips.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 3:33 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Thanks KARFA !
Old Aug 20, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
By February 2016 I should have around 1,100 tier points. My membership year ends in March 2016.

I just totted it up and realised Gold is relatively achievable.

I don't plan on taking another J trip until May 2016.

Could I create a new account (and therefore have a new membership year date) as a workaround to preserve the tier points? I would delete my old one as it's not really cherished!
Old Aug 21, 2015, 1:48 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Schwann
By February 2016 I should have around 1,100 tier points. My membership year ends in March 2016.

I just totted it up and realised Gold is relatively achievable.

I don't plan on taking another J trip until May 2016.

Could I create a new account (and therefore have a new membership year date) as a workaround to preserve the tier points? I would delete my old one as it's not really cherished!
You can create a new account after closing your existing account, but you can't transfer TP's between accounts.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:10 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Asking for a friend. Both of us on 920 TPs, he flew BOG MAD LHR on IB, a couple of days later he had the Avios, TPs and became bronze.

This week flew BCN MAD BOG also in IB, Avios and TPs credited but the BAEC app says he still needs 2 eligible flights for Silver

Is this something that takes a while to catch up or does he need to call BAEC?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:19 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Asking for a friend. Both of us on 920 TPs, he flew BOG MAD LHR on IB, a couple of days later he had the Avios, TPs and became bronze.

This week flew BCN MAD BOG also in IB, Avios and TPs credited but the BAEC app says he still needs 2 eligible flights for Silver

Is this something that takes a while to catch up or does he need to call BAEC?
Yes it generally takes 2-3 days from when the eligible flights/TP's post for the account to be updated.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by nux
Yes it generally takes 2-3 days from when the eligible flights/TP's post for the account to be updated.
I figure that account takes a couple of days to update to the next tier, its that the TPs and Avios have posted but the flights have not updated the eligible flight count. Hence my confusion. Is it a couple of days for the eligible flights to be added to the tally or should this be updated with the TPs and Avios. Are you saying that the eligible flights will register in a couple of days and then another couple of days to update status?

I guess what I am asking is, is it possible for TPs and Avios to be credited but the flights not to be recognised as eligible at the same time?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:31 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
I guess what I am asking is, is it possible for TPs and Avios to be credited but the flights not to be recognised as eligible at the same time?
I've been Gold for several weeks and my account is still showing the wrong number of "eligible flights" -- the counter dropped to zero the day I qualified.

The important thing is whether or not your friend's status correctly updates to Silver, which should happen shortly. If that doesn't happen he'll need to chase BA. If it does, he can ignore the "eligible flights" counter.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:31 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No personal experience, but I have read several times from others on FT that the 'eligible flights' counter does not update correctly when moving between Bronze/Silver/Gold.

If the TP's have just posted I would wait a few days.
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:33 am

Thanks both of you for the help
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:27 am

Programs: KA "The Elite"
MH lower Y TP's

Hi there,

Just wanted to confirm if low economy on MH will earn 5TP for <2000 miles flight, or still 10 TPs.

Cheers!
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:40 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by longliveKA
Hi there,

Just wanted to confirm if low economy on MH will earn 5TP for <2000 miles flight, or still 10 TPs.

Cheers!
5 TPs for the lowest earning fare buckets on MH. There may be some fare buckets that earn nothing.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 6:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by longliveKA
Hi there,

Cheers!
Be careful, some economy booking classes on MH earn nothing at all.

For avios and TP earning in economy on MH:

- L, V, S, K, M, Y, B, and H earn avios and TPs
- N, Q, O, and G earn nothing

This post on a blog may give you a method of finding boking classes on the MH webiste when booking.

http://flystaytravel.com/how-to-find...lines-flights/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.