Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2015, 5:06 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Calchas
Perhaps you could rephrase this?
Actually if you search Google for "Jim'll Fix It seat" It comes up with a FT trip report on BA to BEY

Let's call it the Thompson Vantage seat if you prefer that
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:46 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by srbrenna
Just a slight amendment that has been mentioned in this thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...s-i-class.html

The earning for RJ has been enhanced. For the better.

Economy (discounted) H, K, L, M, N, O, Q, V, W and S 25% of flown miles
Economy (full fare) Y, B 100% of flown miles
Business J, C, D, I and Z 125% of flown miles

All the above classes will earn TPs as well so we can start booking RJ!
Many thanks - the earning slides for RJ and S7 have now been updated to include the additional fare classes now eligible for Avios/TPs. AY, LA, QR, US, and UL slides have also been updated.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Would you mind sharing what sort of deal you found for this? Beirut is an amazing city, BEY LHR on BA in J has the Jimmy Savile seat, I'd like to have a go on that at some point.
It was on ITA for around Ł1,400. Not a mind blowingly fantastic deal but pretty reasonable given that there are two cities involved. He routing was LHR-AMM-BEY-AMM-LHR all on RJ. The LHR-AMM legs were on the 787. All RJ I'm afraid so you wouldn't be able to try the mid haul seats. I was looking at the end of October flying out
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:04 pm

Qatar Airways operated by Oman Air - Tier points?

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if you would receive tier points on a flight from Muscat-Doha with a Qatar Airways flight number, but operated by Oman Air?

I'm assuming they don't but it would be a nice surprise if they do!

Thanks in advance,

DOHUA
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by DOHUA
Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if you would receive tier points on a flight from Muscat-Doha with a Qatar Airways flight number, but operated by Oman Air?

I'm assuming they don't but it would be a nice surprise if they do!

Thanks in advance,

DOHUA
According to the rules, no. Scroll down to the bottom of the page under Codeshare Flights:
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...-avios/flights
Old Jun 28, 2015, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
According to the rules, no. Scroll down to the bottom of the page under Codeshare Flights:
http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...-avios/flights
Thanks Jerry, I was on that page, bit of a dumb moment!

Another quick question for everyone. My tier point collection year ends on 8th July. Am I correct in thinking that the 8th is the last day to collect TP's or will it reset on the 8th?

Thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2015, 1:50 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
The 8th is your last day to collect TP, the reset is at the end of the day.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 2:11 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by DOHUA
Thanks Jerry, I was on that page, bit of a dumb moment!

Another quick question for everyone. My tier point collection year ends on 8th July. Am I correct in thinking that the 8th is the last day to collect TP's or will it reset on the 8th?

Thanks!
Correct, any flight departing on the 8th will count for your current membership year.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 2:43 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I have a reservation on BA from MCT to LHR and I inserted my BAEC number in the PNR hoping to get an upgrade at the check-in because of my status with BA. However, I would like to credit the flights to my AA account.

When is the best time to change the FFP number from BA to AA and make sure the flights will be credited to my AA account and I still may take advantage of a possible upgrade on that busy flight?
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I'm really going to test the collective knowledge on here now!

I'm looking at booking a trip to Lanzarote on iberia.com. The itinerary includes a short hop from LPA to ACE with Binter Canarias (NT coded). Does anybody know if that flight would earn Avios with Iberia Plus?
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:24 am

I don't think you can earn avios on them with BA, but you can with IB+ (http://www.iberia.com/web/webPartner...&idPartner=714).

Basically, 1.25 per miles on business, 1 per mile on full economy, 0.30 per mile on discount economy.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
Hi everyone,

I'm currently at 340TP and looking to get 260TP (at least) from a single trip originating from YVR/SEA anytime before September 5th. Do you have any ideas at a reasonable budget?

Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2015, 7:01 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I have a reservation on BA from MCT to LHR and I inserted my BAEC number in the PNR hoping to get an upgrade at the check-in because of my status with BA. However, I would like to credit the flights to my AA account.

When is the best time to change the FFP number from BA to AA and make sure the flights will be credited to my AA account and I still may take advantage of a possible upgrade on that busy flight?
You can change it either at checkin, lounge or at the gate, or you could have it credited to BAEC then try to have the transaction reversed.

Originally Posted by redadeco
I'm currently at 340TP and looking to get 260TP (at least) from a single trip originating from YVR/SEA anytime before September 5th. Do you have any ideas at a reasonable budget?
See: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-thread.html

A business/first segment under 2,000 miles earns 40/60 TP's, and over 2,000 miles (and under 6k) earns 140/210 TP's. So you could look for transcon flight one way in first and back in economy, or several short first segments.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 3:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
Originally Posted by nux

A business/first segment under 2,000 miles earns 40/60 TP's, and over 2,000 miles (and under 6k) earns 140/210 TP's. So you could look for transcon flight one way in first and back in economy, or several short first segments.
Cool, I just found a good deal on SEA-PHL-LGA (US first), could you confirm it's 270TP in total (210+60) for a one way flight?

Thanks
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:04 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by redadeco
Cool, I just found a good deal on SEA-PHL-LGA (US first), could you confirm it's 270TP in total (210+60) for a one way flight?

Thanks
Yes assuming they're booked in to a first fare bucket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.