Wiki Posts
Search

Shorthaul Refit Variation

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2014, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Shorthaul Refit Variation

Apologies if this has already been covered, but I've had the shorthaul refit experience a few times recently and it's left me wondering...

On one of my flights I had the new seats, bulkhead, etc plus a completely new 'overhead console' as I call it, with individual call buttons, shiny new lights, and flatter, higher resolution safety video screens.

However, on other flights I have had the whole seat/bulkhead refit, but the overhead console has remained old style with the clunky old screens that invariably freeze, snowstorm or lose audio half the time, plus the old lighting and call buttons.

I just wondered if this is by design (i.e. different parts have different end of life dates and this is something that will be scheduled for some time in the distant future), or whether they are just 'halfway through' the refit and are flying the plane as they need the capacity, even though there's still work to do in the near future?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Also remember some of the aircraft were older so it may be a case that the ones with the newer fittings were aircraft more recently delivered to BA.

Another difference is some aircraft have buttons to control the functions on the front panel but newer aircraft have a touch screen panel.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
All the 320s have been refitted now, some were newer than others and that's why they have different screens and slightly different lockers.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Ah right, thanks both!

So it's more a case of aircraft age rather than anything to do with the refit?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by hcuk94
Ah right, thanks both!

Yes, they did not replace all the lockers as I expect that would be very costly and not really necessary.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by hcuk94
Yes, only the seats, carpets and curtains were changed in the refit, plus the bulkheads were recovered I believe with the addition of the Speedmarque.

BA's currently operational A320s were delivered from 2002 to present.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.