Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Displaying Bronze tags....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Displaying Bronze tags....

Just wondering how many here display their Bronze tags? I am and have been bronze the last 2 years and don't feel there is any need or use to display such a low tier tag lol... I almost feel that other frequent fliers would just laugh at why would such a low level flier bother showing it... I need to save up for 2 CW tickets a year which amounts to over £5k for silver... maybe then I will display it with pride
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
See here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...t-display.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...gs-vulgar.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...gage-tags.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...e-tags-do.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...n-baggage.html
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Don't display my silver tags.

Maybe that's why like yesterday the guy at the gate refused to let me down as boarding was only for first, business and executive club only, at which point I took the please in telling him I was silver and flying business.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Oh, come on, Ace ... You've earned the tags. Have you got the nice ones or the original chocolate wrapper variety?

Anyway, another BAEC member may greet you (sympathetically) once he/she knows you're one of us.

And Jamier45 has answered the question from a different angle
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by AceCobra1
Just wondering how many here display their Bronze tags? I am and have been bronze the last 2 years and don't feel there is any need or use to display such a low tier tag lol... I almost feel that other frequent fliers would just laugh at why would such a low level flier bother showing it... I need to save up for 2 CW tickets a year which amounts to over £5k for silver... maybe then I will display it with pride
I've never used mine. That said, I see a load of them on the early morning EDI-LHR flight.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
In all honesty, I would be way too embarrassed to use my tags, there again I don't tie my Waitrose card to my shopping bags. But they do come in handy for scraping the ice off the car.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:25 am

The opinion of anyone who sneers at lower status luggage tags probably isn't worth worrying about to be honest. I appreciate others showing theirs as it signifies that they should know their way around an airport. For instance, I'd rather join a security line with a few FF tags on display as it's likely to move a bit quicker.
Crismyth likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
But they do come in handy for scraping the ice off the car.
Don't forget hotels where a card is needed to power the room.

I sometimes attach my tag to my carry on though.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:29 am
Original Poster

interesting replies I am actually asking this because I am doing a bit of "winter cleaning"! I have the tags in front of me and I am about to put them in the bin so just wanted to see what others think! Also, priority boarding as I would agree should only be reserved to silver and gold... bronze is way too easy to obtain.

Out of interest though, is priority boarding on international flights excluded to bronze card holders? I never hear them announcing it from LHR to HKG and definitely don't hear them calling out bronze or "ruby" on HKG airports.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
I use mine on one of my bags, but not prominently. Would much rather display a FT tag if we had any
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I didn't know you got bag tags for Bronze !

I see lots of Silver and Gold ones. Mind you my FTer bag tag on my hand luggage is enough for me.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Jamier45
Don't display my silver tags.

Maybe that's why like yesterday the guy at the gate refused to let me down as boarding was only for first, business and executive club only, at which point I took the please in telling him I was silver and flying business.
Jr Tobias-UK got that treatment last week (quite abrupt it was too) "Fast Track ONLY SIR this way, your entrance is over there", Jr just looked up at the chap flashed his BP and said "I'm Gold travelling in First, does that count?". Not a hint of an apology to him.

I'm pleased they are trying to enforce this but there are ways and means.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Paren
I use mine on one of my bags, but not prominently. Would much rather display a FT tag if we had any
Easily fixed >>> http://www.flyertalk.com/store/
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Paren
Actually, thats a great idea!^^

It needs to say UK and non priority for me haha! Don't see anyone using it mind u
Old Dec 28, 2014, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
There's something about the way that baggage tags stick out of one of my suitcases that means that airport luggage systems seem to eat them. (Yes, I know a true-FT-er doesn't check bags, but I often do....)

Typically, with this particular suitcase, a baggage tag will last 2-3 legs, then be destroyed beyond recognition. Since I put the tag onto my bag so I (+ airlines + hotels + etc) know it's mine, that means I replace the tags on that bag fairly often.

A few months ago, all my spare Gold tags had been eaten, as had my spare Silver tags from the year before. Hunting round, I found some Bronze tags, and popped one on before a trip. Long line at the Club/J checking, so headed to F checkin to drop the suitcases off. The nice lady at checkin was rather shocked to see the Bronze bag tag on my suitcase when adding the luggage tag! She said, hesitantly, "you do know you're Gold, don't you?". I pointed to the gold one on the other suitcase which doesn't have it's tag eaten ever flight, smiled, and just said "I'd run out of gold ones"

This trip I've had my silver tag eaten, and I'm down to using my Virgin Atlantic tags, which has also raised eyebrows... I do wish suitcases came with ratings not only for weight and size, but also for how likely luggage tags on the carrying handle are to be eaten by airport baggage systems!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.